What could go wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Back when I was eleven I contracted meningitis. Our GP was a kindly old buffer, excellent bedside manner, full of compassion and incompetent and completely mis-diagnosed me Fortunately he still sent me off to hospital where the houseman, a refugee from what was then Indo China, all clinical efficiency recognised the symptoms correctly and had me pumped so full of penicillin that my back side resembled a pin cushion. Yes civilian or military I would want compassion from my doctor but above all I want competence.
    Then you were lucky, because you were treated by a foreign medical graduate - not licensed to even practice in America - and lived.

How do I know he wasn't licensed? Because licensing requires graduation from an American medical school, as does the required follow-up board certification.

Even PA's in America require that.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You can be compassionate if you learn to compartmentalize. Otherwise, you won't survive.
      Guess you're right. I'd slit my wrist if I worked a NICU for a month. Those nurses have got to be the toughest people on the planet.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Enlightenment

50% of all Doctors finshed in the bottom half of their class WOW
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X