No announcement yet.

Twelve with Backbone and One Without...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twelve with Backbone and One Without...

Twelve Republican Senators voted for the rule of law today, and one changed his mind and wimped out:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

I certainly won't vote for Senator Tillis next time around...
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Twelve Republican Senators voted for the rule of law today, and one changed his mind and wimped out:

You might want to read their reasoning for their vote. All but a couple voted like they did for reasons other than opposition to the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

You might want to read their reasoning for their vote. All but a couple voted like they did for reasons other than opposition to the wall.
      It was in support of the US Constitution which Trump both ignores and violates.
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

No it wasn't. Here's a list of the GOP senators that voted against it and their reasons:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Here's the executive brief version.

Lamar Alexander: The only one that brought up a constitutional issue
        Roy Blunt: Concerned about the precedent it could set
        Susan Collins: Essentially a Democrat (aka RINO). Thought social issues were more important.
        Mike Lee: Thought Congress gave the president too much power in the National Emergency act.
        Mike Moran: Like Lee thinks Congress gave too much power to the President
        Lisa Murkowski: Like Collins is essentially a Democrat. She just doesn't like what Trump is doing.
        Rand Paul: Feels that Congress should appropriate the funds instead.
        Rob Portman: Concerned about the precedent it could set.
        Mitt Romney: Thought President used the National Emergency act to overstep his authority by changing appropriated money use
        Marco Rubio: Concerned about the precedent it could set, stated a Democrat president might use this method to push through the "New Green Deal," for example.
        Patrick Toomey: Thinks Congress gave president too much power
        Roger Wicker: Concerned about the precedent it sets.

Comment

No it wasn't. Here's a list of the GOP senators that voted against it and their reasons:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Here's the executive brief version.

Lamar Alexander: The only one that brought up a constitutional issue
          Roy Blunt: Concerned about the precedent it could set
          Susan Collins: Essentially a Democrat (aka RINO). Thought social issues were more important.
          Mike Lee: Thought Congress gave the president too much power in the National Emergency act.
          Mike Moran: Like Lee thinks Congress gave too much power to the President
          Lisa Murkowski: Like Collins is essentially a Democrat. She just doesn't like what Trump is doing.
          Rand Paul: Feels that Congress should appropriate the funds instead.
          Rob Portman: Concerned about the precedent it could set.
          Mitt Romney: Thought President used the National Emergency act to overstep his authority by changing appropriated money use
          Marco Rubio: Concerned about the precedent it could set, stated a Democrat president might use this method to push through the "New Green Deal," for example.
          Patrick Toomey: Thinks Congress gave president too much power
          Roger Wicker: Concerned about the precedent it sets.
          And the majority of those are Constitutional issues. The main issue being the separation of powers.

Comment

An interesting viewpoint:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...cid=spartandhp

Comment

More like a worthless one given it's the WaPo...

Comment

More on the Senate GOP revolt. It's based on the Constitution, not the border wall.

Comment

Hell, to some,(and that includes Republicans), Trump ignores and violates the US Constitution just by getting dressed in the Morning.
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

How convenient. Doesn't change the facts though. You'll source the WaPo when it fits your agenda, deny the source because you don't like what you hear...

Comment

Didn't vote for him in the primary the first time. Wouldn't have voted for him in the general except the other option was worse and there wasn't a third option on the ballot unless I wanted to write in my dog.
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

How convenient. Doesn't change the facts though. You'll source the WaPo when it fits your agenda, deny the source because you don't like what you hear...
                        I rarely source the WaPo and certainly don't for opinion pieces like the one used in this thread. I have also repeatedly said the WaPo and CNN are completely noncredible sources when it comes to anything political or Trump.

Comment

I rarely source the WaPo and certainly don't for opinion pieces like the one used in this thread. I have also repeatedly said the WaPo and CNN are completely noncredible sources when it comes to anything political or Trump.
                          That's your opinion and one which I do not agree with.

Comment

That's obvious from your spamming the board with both sources while only making at most an irrelevant and droll tag line to go with the post. What follows is a demolition of the article by others which you make little attempt to defend.
                            Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 15 Mar 19, 14:08.

Comment

Of course not : Wapo is a Deep State newspaper and supports AQ .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X