Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Trumps are not Qualified to Determine What Americans Need...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Yes. They (senators) should be appointed. The original idea the Founders had was division of power. The People were represented by the House and directly elected.
    Senators were appointed by their state government and represented the state they were from.
    The President was elected indirectly so that smaller states had some say in the election, hence the electoral college.

Idiots and numbskulls are ruining that by trying to turn all federal elections into popular votes. That makes the Senate nothing more than a duplicate of the House. The Presidency becomes beholden only to the most populous states and the rest get kicked to the curb.

With a popular vote system you end up with the US being held hostage to what the morons in New York and California "think" for all intents. That is asininely stupid and anyone with a lick of common sense would be against it.
    How are the # of members of the EC selected?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

They are not selected by the EC

That is consistent with my point.
      The sole national office is selected in a manner (The EC) that recognizes and preserves State sovereignty.
      The president is elected by the EC for a reason, not by accident.
      Complaining that the president isnít selected the same way all other offices are selected ignores the fact that the presidentís office is very different from all other offices.
      You are comparing apples to oranges and pretending there is no difference.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Doesn't mean it's the right thing to be doing. I totally disagree with the 17th Amendment (direct election of senators) for example.
        TAg- hopefully you'll look north and realize what THAT means
        and more https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...te&FORM=HDRSC2

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

My goodness, aren't you the little cynic.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

My goodness, aren't you the little cynic.
            Worster then Thatter.....

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Your illustration failed to post . . . Shame too, as I'm sure it was a good one.

Comment

Now I see it. You Canucks have nothing on us New Yorkers: our state legislators get to fondle female staffers -- and the taxpayers get stuck with the tab.

I grew up in his NYS Assembly district, and worked on-and-off at his various non-profits, therefore learning all there is to know about politics.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Now I see it. You Canucks have nothing on us New Yorkers: our state legislators get to fondle female staffers -- and the taxpayers get stuck with the tab.

I grew up in his NYS Assembly district, and worked on-and-off at his various non-profits, therefore learning all there is to know about politics.
                  Ah, but seeing as you were a 14 year old junior staffer at the time, learning the gropes, er, I mean the ropes, everything was on the up and up.
                  "I am Groot"
                  - Groot

Comment

Yes, I realize what it means. It means that the Senate would have like 58 Republicans in it at this time since state legislatures or governors appointed senators before that amendment. Those two senators represented their state government, not the people directly. That way the states got a say in what went on in Washington.

Right now, Senators are just a repetition of the House of Representatives and the states have little or no pull in Washington. The corruption would be identical...

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

That is consistent with my point.
                      The sole national office is selected in a manner (The EC) that recognizes and preserves State sovereignty.
                      The president is elected by the EC for a reason, not by accident.
                      Complaining that the president isnít selected the same way all other offices are selected ignores the fact that the presidentís office is very different from all other offices.
                      You are comparing apples to oranges and pretending there is no difference.
                      Actually, it is comparing apples to potatoes and that is a concept that may be lost upon those whom neither garden nor farm, ETC. ...

If you ain't gettin' dirt under your fingernails from Feb. to Nov.(+), you ain't got any real connection to Nature ~ ~ Gia ~~ Mother Earth ~~~ The Planet ~~ Environment ~~ Ecology ~~ .... ETC. ... ~~

Property and sweat equity is the true gauge of vested interest in the Planet~Biosphere~Ecology~Habitat of this third planet from a star/Sun in an obscure edge of a typical Galaxy in a VAST Universe ...

Consider getting some REAL Perspective, Folks ...
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

sweat equity
                        Consider getting some REAL Perspective, Folks
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I still haven't seen why a successful self-made billionaire is less qualified than a foreign-born community organizer from a bankrupt city, or a former governor with a very checkered past, or an ex-teacher turned political hack.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

And he's an idiot of course.

Can't string a coherent sentence together, nor complete a complex thought,

relies on a vocabulary of 50 words, three facial expressions, and two hand movements.

Also - he has very bad manners.

Homer Simpson would have been a better choice.

But he wasn't on the ballot, Hillary Clinton was - I understand that
                            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                              And he's an idiot of course.
                              He ran for president once and won.

Clinton took in $1 billion, Trump took in $600 million for the campaign.

Trump is rich.

Ö..and "he's an idiot".....

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                                He ran for president once and won.
                                Only because you lot voted for him

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X