Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the U.S. give reparations for slavery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by American87 View Post
    The sources on wiki are often unsourced. Sometimes they’re just old webpages with a few paragraphs on them: no sources whatsoever. Also, the wiki editors often don’t know how to interpret sources, and their information is skewed or misleading. I taught a 5th grader who edited Wikipedia at least once.

Its a a good source for casual reading if you want to find something to buy a book on or if you want the broad outlines of a topic. But using it in a discussion reveals your shallowness to people who actually study the topic.
    Meh. Wiki is Coles Notes for debate.

If MM, to pick recent example wants to believe that the spice trade moved by camel rather than dhow- wiki suffices.....
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• I think they should. If the U.S is an ambassador to some in the middle east when it comes to that specific topic. Why not do the same thing too here. At the very least, they should give the 40 acres and that mule

Comment

• Originally posted by debakid View Post
        I think they should. If the U.S is an ambassador to some in the middle east when it comes to that specific topic. Why not do the same thing too here. At the very least, they should give the 40 acres and that mule
        Why should people who never kept slaves pay reparations to people who were never slaves?
        Last edited by Gixxer86g; 18 May 19, 13:55.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• I'm with Gixxer. Or, as Will Smith likes to say: "Oh, HELL no!"
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Meh. Wiki is Coles Notes for debate.

If MM, to pick recent example wants to believe that the spice trade moved by camel rather than dhow- wiki suffices.....
            You might want to start actually studying history for a change, and stop using Wiki, no longer an acceptable reference for much of anything. Note particularly the strategic location of Acre, bitterly fought over during the Crusades.

Or you can continue to sound like Ocasio-Cortez.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X