Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the U.S. give reparations for slavery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange stuff to me
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Exactly. I’m Catholic, should the Roman government pay me reparations for persecuting me thousands of years ago?
      ONLY if you abandon SSPX....

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Not to worry, MM./ Sanctum Solara now officially says you can be saved, so I've abandoned my plan to immerse you in a horse trough for adult baptism - as a reborn dogan
        I do not need to "be saved", since that sort of thing exists only in your mind.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Exactly. I’m Catholic, should the Roman government pay me reparations for persecuting me thousands of years ago?
          I'd say that the Roman government made up for that -- when the emperor Constantine first ended persecution of Christians, then started funding Christian churches, and then his successors named Christianity Rome's state religion, and then they started persecuting pagans. So I'd say it's all come 'round full circle.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

I'd say that the Roman government made up for that -- when the emperor Constantine first ended persecution of Christians, then started funding Christian churches, and then his successors named Christianity Rome's state religion, and then they started persecuting pagans. So I'd say it's all come 'round full circle.
            Good point. Would you say affirmative action and Obama’s elections make up for slavery?
            "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Good point. Would you say affirmative action and Obama’s elections make up for slavery?
              Unlike early Common Era paganism, Whiteness hasn't been wholesale suppressed.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Not according to SSPX, or some of the more nefarious Tridentine err, backwoods hillbilly beloved fellow Catholics...
                Right those folks are antisemitic from reports.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richar...iamson_(bishop)

The Catholics I know agree non Catholics can get into heaven. Pope Francis and The Vatican Website says non Catholics can get into Heaven. Catholic means Universal. I got no problem with different religions.

Look what I have to deal with here itt, wrt our friend Slick miester the guy just misunderstands me thats his problem. And he quoted you to talk about me, but he did not quote, come on Slick dont do a fellow New Yorker like that. Slick should know I have been posting itt showing how Christians opposed slavery during the US civil war, thats one of my main points my friend.
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Given Obama's stunning incompetence...hardly. However, numerous blacks who have risen to high positions are proof that hard work and study is the key to success, not whining and demanding welfare, food stamps and reparations.

Nothing in the world is free.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Right those folks are antisemitic from reports.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richar...iamson_(bishop)

The Catholics I know agree non Catholics can get into heaven. Pope Francis and The Vatican Website says non Catholics can get into Heaven. Catholic means Universal. I got no problem with different religions.

Look what I have to deal with here itt, wrt our friend Slick miester the guy just misunderstands me thats his problem. And he quoted you to talk about me, but he did not quote, come on Slick dont do a fellow New Yorker like that. Slick should know I have been posting itt showing how Christians opposed slavery during the US civil war, thats one of my main points my friend.
                    And your main point has nothing to do with the thread. Maybe that's the problem.

And while some Christians opposed slavery during the Civil War, some blacks were practicing slavery on their own plantations and Lincoln was pro-slavery.

As for Pope Francis, so long as pedophiles, rapists and murderers can all go to Catholic heaven there is nothing there that I would ever want, even if I believed in that bunch of myths. The Catholic Church and it's hypocrisy is one of the major reasons I'm agnostic and will remain that way.

If the Church can't walk the walk, they can save the talk.

Comment

We're on the verge of it. If it were up to blacks right now, I imagine we would be. Of course then they would have to figure out to fund all of the give-away programs that they rely on.

Comment

I think it needs to be considered. However, I don't think it needs to be given to individuals but used to help predominantly black communities. I also think it needs to be state by state, maybe with some federal oversight. I don't want my tax dollars going to Detroit when it could help communities like those in Perry County, Alabama. Keep it local.
                        “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                        --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And your main point has nothing to do with the thread. Maybe that's the problem.

And while some Christians opposed slavery during the Civil War, some blacks were practicing slavery on their own plantations and Lincoln was pro-slavery.

As for Pope Francis, so long as pedophiles, rapists and murderers can all go to Catholic heaven there is nothing there that I would ever want, even if I believed in that bunch of myths. The Catholic Church and it's hypocrisy is one of the major reasons I'm agnostic and will remain that way.

If the Church can't walk the walk, they can save the talk.
                          My main point totally relates to the thread. This thread is about slavery in America. And during the slave times there were white Catholic and Protestants that said the Bible opposed slavery, while other whites Christian in name wrongly said The Bible approves of slavery. The Catholic Church saw many of its followers in the 19th century stand for liberty and equality among man. That has to be taken into consideration wrt talks of reparations for slaves or descendants of slaves that is the fact that white Americans did in numbers oppose slavery of black people and huge masses of White Christian Americans fought on the Union side for freedom for black slaves(and they the black slaves were Christians) during the Us Civil War. The US Civil War which saw Christian brothers fight each other, if only that war could have been avoided.

To each their own when it comes to value systems or so called religions. I admire the Church because it continues the legacy of The Round Table and the Values of Knighthood. Catholic Churches all over the world come with a feel of the middle ages wrt their paintings and statues.
                          Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                          Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                            I think it needs to be considered. However, I don't think it needs to be given to individuals but used to help predominantly black communities. I also think it needs to be state by state, maybe with some federal oversight. I don't want my tax dollars going to Detroit when it could help communities like those in Perry County, Alabama. Keep it local.
                            Exactly. Let's remember all the Union boys who died in Southern territory. Should their descendants pay reperations to the descendants of slaves?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

We're on the verge of it. If it were up to blacks right now, I imagine we would be. Of course then they would have to figure out to fund all of the give-away programs that they rely on.
                              Really? You show me one black candidate who even remotely hints at mass oppression having a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected to any conceivably serious executive office anywhere in the land -- Oakland included. You let me know when to start holding my breath. The moment that 13% of the population can even dream of threatening 72% of the population, I'll be sure to take notice. Even if they were all Muhammed Ali, they'd still have to out-shoot Whitey -- who outnumbers them by 184,700,000, or 5.74-to-1. Nothing short of an Act of God can place the whole of white America under the heel of the Negro. Your fear constitutes a mathematical impossibility. That means that it's utterly irrational, and worthy of no further note, except for as a source of comedy.

Honest to God, but is that the sh*t that keeps you up at night? I truly feel sorry for you, suffering from phantoms that go bump in the night.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/rele...b11-cn125.html

Comment

Do whites have to be suppressed to make up for slavery? Let's not forget the cultural element. Tupac might be as legendary as Billy the Kid.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X