X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    If Trump supporters don't care or are indifferent to innocent Muslims being slaughtered, then why am I obligated to care when one of their own has their tires slashed or is punched in the face... So what.
    So there we have it. A SJW admits he is not good enough to stand up for anything other than tit-for-tat

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    If Trump supporters don't care or are indifferent to innocent Muslims being slaughtered, then why am I obligated to care when one of their own has their tires slashed or is punched in the face... So what.
    Ah, what a great week I just had.
    Miss me?

Which innocent muslims would that be this time?
    Is the BBC yapping about those poor poor fools over in ISIS-land again?

Oh, must be New Zealand. literally the other end of the world and the most isolated nation on the globe. But.... white people, so you have an ax to grind.

So, what would be the pro-forma response that would wash us all clean of our sins, in your eyes? And how far will the goal-posts be shifted once full compliance with your Thought-Police has been achieved, eh?
    You'll hate use no matter what we do, and demand more and more and more from anyone that even appears to be meeting your demands.
    As usual.

So yes, indifference does appear to be exactly the right course of action.
    But I promise to laugh when you guys try to find a way to blame Trump for it.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied

I didn't say it was justified. Let's take the discussion on reparations as an example. You and I both know that if reparations were given out today that harassment and violence towards blacks would increase. Why? Because of how displeased people would be over it. While most would express their displeasure in a more civil manner, there will most certainly be those on the fringe who will not. Does that make their actions justified? No. Would you claim that I'm justifying assault against blacks? You wouldn't.

Acknowledging the reason or motive behind a crime doesn't mean that you're justifying their actions. That much should be obvious.
    I retract my original statement as my opinion on this movement has now changed. Instead, I now feel he deserved it.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That's actually old fashioned thinking. You don't even need a locomotive for local deliveries and short range stuff, especially with computers.

This is rail motor car that carries freight and passengers: one operator and uses light rails or can travel on main routes as well.
    You still end up with the right of way issues for the rail lines and their fixed nature. That is a big negative with any rail system. Delivery vehicles and trucks have the flexibility to operate on roads and varying routes as needed.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The problems with trains are two fold:

First, you need tracks. Those get expensive today with land rights and right-of-way issues. Ownership is an additional issue. One company might not agree to use for another company.

The second is you need bulk goods to make rail lines pay. That is, you need really big loads. Trains are also much heavier and longer than they previously were. It's not untypical to see a modern freight train that's several miles long. It doesn't pay to have a locomotive pulling a few cars when it can pull a hundred plus.
    That's actually old fashioned thinking. You don't even need a locomotive for local deliveries and short range stuff, especially with computers.

This is rail motor car that carries freight and passengers: one operator and uses light rails or can travel on main routes as well.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied

Sounds perfectly fair to me. Swift shouldn't have been cheating them to begin with.

Big rigs might be good for hauling stuff, but they ruin our highways, especially the secondary roads that are so common in my area, and they break more windshields while they're doing it than they should ever be allowed to get away with.

Trains are a lot cheaper for hauling mass goods, and they pay for their own right-of-way.
    The problems with trains are two fold:

First, you need tracks. Those get expensive today with land rights and right-of-way issues. Ownership is an additional issue. One company might not agree to use for another company.

The second is you need bulk goods to make rail lines pay. That is, you need really big loads. Trains are also much heavier and longer than they previously were. It's not untypical to see a modern freight train that's several miles long. It doesn't pay to have a locomotive pulling a few cars when it can pull a hundred plus.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

In fact, Swift Transportation just lost a lawsuit over wages with their truck drivers to the possible tune of $250 million + in back wages due over things like wait times not being counted as working...

https://www.thetruckersreport.com/co...swift-drivers/
    Sounds perfectly fair to me. Swift shouldn't have been cheating them to begin with.

Big rigs might be good for hauling stuff, but they ruin our highways, especially the secondary roads that are so common in my area, and they break more windshields while they're doing it than they should ever be allowed to get away with.

Trains are a lot cheaper for hauling mass goods, and they pay for their own right-of-way.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by marktwain View Post

YOU MEAN TO SAY that what I do here - isn't productive work?"

What happened to my 'advisor to the Universe' official status?
    You've been downsized to "Assistant to the assistant to the assistant to the undersecretary to the deputy of the apprentice in charge of the mail room".

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

It is the reason why conservative views on race end up being dangerous, they lead to discrimination.
    Nonsense. That's just your paranoia acting up again. You really to get that fixed.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied

It is the reason why conservative views on race end up being dangerous, they lead to discrimination.
    Leftist views on race usually end up with discrimination and can be dangerous. What's your point?

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied

Is that your view of them?

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

But, the driver is responsible for the security of his load. In case of a flatbed, he/she will be checking that items loaded are placed and balanced as desired, not overhanging, and are properly strapped and secured. In case of an LTL the driver often has to be sure that the loads inside are also strapped and secured.

Often the wait is to get to the dock or loading area where their load can be taken off or put on.
    In fact, Swift Transportation just lost a lawsuit over wages with their truck drivers to the possible tune of $250 million + in back wages due over things like wait times not being counted as working...

https://www.thetruckersreport.com/co...swift-drivers/

Leave a comment:

• marktwain
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Interesting.

Have they accounted for different occupations ?

A truck driver for example will need to take true "breaks" not-driving his truck so to say, while a manager may arrange a 2 hour lunch meeting and register it as work, relax a bit during a boring seminar..or browse the ACG which looks just like working

Not all "work" is created equal.
    YOU MEAN TO SAY that what I do here - isn't productive work?"

What happened to my 'advisor to the Universe' official status?

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied

Truck drivers also often have to sit while they wait for loads to be put on or taken off their trucks. Those can amount to hours in many cases.
    But, the driver is responsible for the security of his load. In case of a flatbed, he/she will be checking that items loaded are placed and balanced as desired, not overhanging, and are properly strapped and secured. In case of an LTL the driver often has to be sure that the loads inside are also strapped and secured.

Often the wait is to get to the dock or loading area where their load can be taken off or put on.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X