Major Educational Scam Reported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    We don't seem to have a brain drain of our graduates to the US but I guess our grads are probably as debt burdened as yours these days. You may be experiencing the same problem that we do - producing too many graduates with so so degrees from average universities. The high pay jobs are going to people with very good degrees from top universities
    No solid figures but your comments about too many grads with 'liberal arts' degrees is right on the money. Science and math majors from international universities as well as electronic engineering grads form southeast Asia are high on the list of hires for many US corporations.
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

No solid figures but your comments about too many grads with 'liberal arts' degrees is right on the money. Science and math majors from international universities as well as electronic engineering grads form southeast Asia are high on the list of hires for many US corporations.
      By so so I meant too many 'desmonds' (2,2 degrees). An Arts first from Oxbridge or Russell Group will usually get a good high pay job. Even tech giants still need guys who can for example create web content. I have a nephew who got a good degree in creative writing who makes a very good living writing online copy for a London company that does electronic marketing
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Is 'desmond' the same as a 'dexter'? (2.2 degrees doesn't make a very steep angle) I figure tech giants have enough cash to hire a web design company whenever they need one. And what on god's green earth is a 'Russell Group"? Does it have something to do with the Jack Russell group of terriers?
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

What I meant was that the corporate high paying jobs are not going to US citizens, they're going to university educated, work-visa-'d foreign aliens, hired by companies at wages too low for the university educated, debt burdened US citizen.
          Ah. Yeah, that is true.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Is 'desmond' the same as a 'dexter'? (2.2 degrees doesn't make a very steep angle) I figure tech giants have enough cash to hire a web design company whenever they need one. And what on god's green earth is a 'Russell Group"? Does it have something to do with the Jack Russell group of terriers?
            And the web design company will recruit its highly paid creatives from top arts grads from top universities

Desmond Tutu a well known Anglican arch bishop in South Africa. A bit of academic rhyming slang. A Two Two is a lower second honours degree. The Russell Group are the universities that were founded in the 19th century when advanced education in England was first allowed to spread beyond Oxford and Cambridge. I think that Lord John Russell was the prime minister responsible for allowing their licensing. He was also the one with whom gun boat diplomacy is most associated. At the time these colleges were regarded as hot beds of dangerous radical thinking - some even suggesting the admission of women! Nowadays they are staid and terribly respectable centres of academic excellence.
            Last edited by MarkV; 19 Mar 19, 11:19.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I saw a humorous post while I was web surfing last night. It seems Chelsea Clinton got a degree from Stanford. Is it a coincidence that Stanford was accepting bribes to let in certain people? I guess the University of Arkansas was not good enough for Bill and Hilary's child?

Pruitt
              Last edited by Pruitt; 20 Mar 19, 00:15.
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                I saw a humorous post while I was web surfing last night. It seems Chelsea Clinton got a degree from Stanford. Is it a coincidence that Stanford was accepting bribes to let in certain people? I guess the University of Arkansas was not good enough for Bill and Hilary's child?

Pruitt
                Yeah. Chelsea Clinton, though, is a pretty intelligent woman. Like the Obama daughter getting into Harvard, she most likely got into Stanford as a result of being the offspring of a president but I'm sure that she got the degree on her own.
                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Yeah. Chelsea Clinton, though, is a pretty intelligent woman. Like the Obama daughter getting into Harvard, she most likely got into Stanford as a result of being the offspring of a president but I'm sure that she got the degree on her own.
                  You mean liked she "earned" her million dollar a year salary from the Clinton Foundation?

Do you really think anyone is going to flunk a president's kid, no matter what?

Comment

"Earned" is a relative term for that crowd. As far as I'm concerned the title "Clinton Foundation" is merely a euphemism for the more revealing "Offshore Money Laundering Fund".

And no, no one is going to flunk a president's kid, no one flunks these days anyway. They 'earn' a "C" or "WD"
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

"Earned" is a relative term for that crowd. As far as I'm concerned the title "Clinton Foundation" is merely a euphemism for the more revealing "Offshore Money Laundering Fund".

And no, no one is going to flunk a president's kid, no one flunks these days anyway. They 'earn' a "C" or "WD"
                      Yeah...shining examples of our higher educational system. Even Ocasio-Cortez has a degree.

Comment

...imagine that...
                        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          . . . . Do you really think anyone is going to flunk a president's kid, no matter what?
                          That's a damned good question, one for which I'd be curious to know the answer....
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

That's a damned good question, one for which I'd be curious to know the answer....
                            Safe to assume...no.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Safe to assume...no.
                              You're probably right -- but I would like to hear a genuine account of such. Do university faculty experience any pressure whenever there's a presidential child in one of their classes? There's got to be an anonymous blog or something out there . . . .
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

You're probably right -- but I would like to hear a genuine account of such. Do university faculty experience any pressure whenever there's a presidential child in one of their classes? There's got to be an anonymous blog or something out there . . . .
                                Let us know what you find, but it might be quicker to just look for any president's kid who has failed college. Considering that Dad is usually an alumni, and colleges desperately need alumni contributions...not a chance in hell.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X