Major Educational Scam Reported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Just watched the evening news and an athletic coach is one of a group of scammer responsibly for faking SAT scores and altering athletic records to get kids into colleges they otherwise weren't qualified for. The costs ran from $15,000 to $40.000 and the coach confessed to taking in $25 million dollars. He specialized in faking athletic profiles to qualify kids for scholarships.

Two of the college were Stanford and UCLA.
    This was posted on the forum yesterday:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/us/co...eme/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

This was posted on the forum yesterday:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/us/co...eme/index.html
      I will not click on a communist notreal news link.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Here is the 'lineup' of those charged in the cheating scandal:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...andhp#image=18

Comment

The real scandal is not that rich people do what rich people have always done it's the social justice indoctrination programs.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            The real scandal is not that rich people do what rich people have always done it's the social justice indoctrination programs.
            Exactly. I just saw a clip by a young college girl who is involved. She did it because she "really only wants to party" but needs the degree for a better job.

There is a lot wrong with that statement and her attitude. Something for nothing, and no concept of wrong-doing on her part.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

I'm not surprised at all to find Stanford on the list. They've been known for doing it for decades.
              Yeah, this is hardly shocking news.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

I will not click on a communist notreal news link.
                Not only do you misrepresent CNN, not being willing to take a look at material that you might disagree with is an indicator of intellection dishonesty.

Comment

It's only fair and equal that stupid rich kids should be allowed to squander their parent's money on a "good" university to get a degree in something useless...

Comment

All around bad news except wrt the Prosecutors going after the bad guys.

William H Macy the famous actor recently known for his great role in the Tv Show Shameless...has been caught up in this scandal. Macy and his wife actress Felicity Hoffman(from desperate housewives) has a kid whom was a part of this scandal and apparently Macy whom plays a poor drunk on Shameless...knew of this scandal where his wife payed off a college official 15k to get their daughter into some "prestigious" school. Here Macy can be viewed as a snob for not stepping up and saying to his wife hey this is not moral what we are doing.

William H Macy should know that many people will remember this scandal when watching Shameless. When watching Macy whom plays Frank Gallagher the hobo in shameless, some folks will think well in real life that guy is a snob. Macy can redeem himself of course it will take work.
                    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Not only do you misrepresent CNN, not being willing to take a look at material that you might disagree with is an indicator of intellection dishonesty.
                      They are just another global corporation sell out, get over thinking they are a news channel.
                      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Getting into a prestigious school is the main battle, once you're in you need only to finish the war but not getting kicked out and graduating, grade score not being an issue. Any diploma at all from a big name school is worth a lot more than being first in class and valedictorian from a small name school and the networking that is developed from attending that big name school open nearly all doors.

It takes a combination of different things to be accepted. There are legitimate professional advisers work with the applicants on what they need to build up on their resumes from an earlier age even as early as grade school.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          It's only fair and equal that stupid rich kids should be allowed to squander their parent's money on a "good" university to get a degree in something useless...
                          Not sure I would rate UCLA or USC as "good" universities, and Yale has to be the most overrated university of all times (well, maybe Cambridge ).

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
                            Their kids were not smart enough to get sufficient SAT scores to guarantee enrollment at the institution of their choice.
                            Many of the prestigious schools will not accept anyone just on the basis of even a perfect SAT score. I was turned down at MIT even with a perfect GPA and a SAT score of 1580 which was the highest score attained up to that date. I was told I had did not have enough achievements and activity accomplishments outside of academics at school itself. All the school faculty at my high school and even the ones that I talked to at MIT were surprised. The admission board are usually very secretive and a lot of internal politics also come into play.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Many of the prestigious schools will not accept anyone just on the basis of even a perfect SAT score. I was turned down at MIT even with a perfect GPA and a SAT score of 1580 which was the highest score attained up to that date. I was told I had did not have enough achievements and activity accomplishments outside of academics at school itself. All the school faculty at my high school and even the ones that I talked to at MIT were surprised. The admission board are usually very secretive and a lot of internal politics also come into play.
                              And this is why parents choose to simply bulldoze their kids way in with a cash contribution.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

...oooo..you must be wicked smaht....
                                ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X