Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Won't the FAA Ground the Boeing 737 Max 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Except for the upper class ones with degrees. They often think they're the smartest guys in the room and their $h!+ don't stink. It's a real eye opener for them when they discover American technicians, blue collar workers, and others "beneath" them won't put up with their arrogance and demands for a nanosecond.

I've seen that repeatedly.
    I found the same thing although it's down to the Cast they are from and not their educational level.
    If they are Brahmins or Kshatriyas they can be unbearable, particularly to their own countrymen from lower casts like Shudras or Dalits.
    I work with a guy who is from the Dalits cast which is the lowest Cast. He had a guy from a higher cast put on his team and the new guy just wouldn't work for him. He lasted less than a month.
    It's a disgusting system and a shameful blight on India.

My experience of Indian Engineers is that they are well trained but seem to be incapable of seeing the bigger picture when making a decision.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• 15 Behind-the-Scenes Secrets of Airline Pilots

They may not have told you everything when you went into the cockpit to have wings pinned to your shirt. So, here’s a few interesting facts about working in the sky.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/1...=pocket-newtab

Comment

• Boeing’'s 737 Max jetliners will remain out of commission for at least several more months. Airlines are waiting for the FAA to sign off on a Boeing-designed software fix for the flight control system that played a role in the two deadly crashes. That fix was originally expected to be delivered no later than May, but has been complicated by the discovery of other technical problems.

TBH, even if they claim to have fixed the issues, I still wouldn't want to fly in one...
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by Persephone View Post
          Boeing’'s 737 Max jetliners will remain out of commission for at least several more months. Airlines are waiting for the FAA to sign off on a Boeing-designed software fix for the flight control system that played a role in the two deadly crashes. That fix was originally expected to be delivered no later than May, but has been complicated by the discovery of other technical problems.

TBH, even if they claim to have fixed the issues, I still wouldn't want to fly in one...
          There is an established theory that we are reaching the limits of our (humankind's) ability to produce complex and error free software and systems as beyond a certain level of complexity fixing one error produces more errors elsewhere in the system. It is hoped that as AI with a self learning capability develops this can be used to develop and test more complex systems but I wouldn't hold your breath.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X