EPA staffers busted destroying records

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Oh gawd yes. Some of the biggest pile of deadwood and waste I've ever encountered. Worse are those whom for whatever reason have left 'Guv'mint employment' and come into the Private(Profit-based) sector. The vast majority I've dealt with have no clue on what is needed to be efficient, productive,and profitable.

What is even more worse, is that few really act in a "servant" of the public~citizen and taxpayer manner. Too many think that we citizens and taxpayers exist to serve them!

I've often thought we should have a process of firing the whole lot every five to ten years and then only rehire the ones that were half-assed effective and productive, but I expect that will remain a pipe-dream.

My more recent update and perspective comes via my oldest son whom after about seven and a half years in the Army(including combat vet in Iraq) and getting his BA, went to work with Immigration about three years ago. He is so conservative he makes me look like a liberal. I've heard no shortage of his experiences dealing with co-workers whom are flaming liberals, "democrats" and have bent rules and regs as much as possible to be obstructionist to the current POTUS and his Administration.

Bottom line is that most are neither "civil" nor "servant", and are only there to collect their paycheck and benefits; which often exceed what they could get or would be worth in the Private Sector.
    Funny that. I have exactly the opposite experience having worked with dedicated civil servants at both Headquarters Marine Corps and Camp Lejeune.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Funny that. I have exactly the opposite experience having worked with dedicated civil servants at both Headquarters Marine Corps and Camp Lejeune.
      Yeah, the funny is you are dealing with Military in general and Marines in specific, which usually are an exception to general pool of civilian "Guv'mint workers", not just at Fed. level, but even more so at State and Local levels. Which are the ones many of use in the public have to deal with when trying to conduct real business.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

And yet when a citizen does something like this, it's a major rime to be prosecuted to the fullest - except if it's Shrillary, of course.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

What’s not to love about $600.00 hammers, $5000.00 toilets, and truck loads of US dollars being delivered to camel jockeys in Iraq, Afghanistan while our own military personnel are ordered to protect opium fields?
          Just about every Iraq and Afghanistan veteran I know, which includes a recently retired Navy Commander who spent his career in the Seabees and did three trips to the sand box have told me them same stories. That Seabee was building schools, hospitals, none were ever used by anybody but insurgents. All a waste of money,
          In our agency we have a large number of veterans from these wars, not one has ever had anything positive to say about the way the war was conducted, the mission or the outcome.
          They are proud of the fact they served, but they are as disgusted with the execution of and the outcome of the war as any Vietnam Vet I know.
          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            What’s not to love about $600.00 hammers, $5000.00 toilets, and truck loads of US dollars being delivered to camel jockeys in Iraq, Afghanistan while our own military personnel are ordered to protect opium fields?
            Just about every Iraq and Afghanistan veteran I know, which includes a recently retired Navy Commander who spent his career in the Seabees and did three trips to the sand box have told me them same stories. That Seabee was building schools, hospitals, none were ever used by anybody but insurgents. All a waste of money,
            In our agency we have a large number of veterans from these wars, not one has ever had anything positive to say about the way the war was conducted, the mission or the outcome.
            They are proud of the fact they served, but they are as disgusted with the execution of and the outcome of the war as any Vietnam Vet I know.
            I'll give you one positive one. One of my deployments to Bahrain, I was shown a softball field covered with diesel generators. The Navy / Marines were getting rid of them because they were 440/220 V 50 HZ sets. I was like... You know, you can convert them to US voltages..."
            The Seebees and local Zeros were completely unaware of that. So, I got an Engineman and a non-rate to help me (not that that was hard being a Chief), and got prints from the manufacturers in less than a day and converted every one of them to 240 / 120 V 60 Hz or 480 / 277 V 60 Hz.
            Saved the military millions in tossing out those generators which was their plan. Got a line on my eval for that...
            I did get the reputation for being the "Go to" guy for solving electrical problems though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X