Budget? What Budget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget? What Budget?

Simply put, Trump is a rube. He doesn't know anything about government, foreign policy, economics, or morals:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/11/polit...rea/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/10/polit...ght/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/08/polit...get/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...son/index.html

Do you mean the one with his promised replacement for Obamacare?

As far as morals it seems like some of his supports have their own problems
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I don't think Trump supporters care about his performance.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Man, what short term memories you have. Obama pulled out a $787 billion increase for his failed "stimulus." The NYT said at the time it was more like $832 billion and even they called it a failure.
        Then there was Obamacare...

Trump's 2019 budget may be larger than 2018, but it also represents an attempt to cut $3 Trillion from the government over the next ten years. Seems to me at least he's trying to roll back government spending where he can. It also seems to me that he's not the "rube" here.

Comment

Trump proposes the biggest budget in the history of the country.
          Conservatives argue that he's trying to roll back government spending.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Man, what short term memories you have. Obama pulled out a $787 billion increase for his failed "stimulus." The NYT said at the time it was more like $832 billion and even they called it a failure.

Trump's 2019 budget may be larger than 2018, but it also represents an attempt to cut $3 Trillion from the government over the next ten years. Seems to me at least he's trying to roll back government spending where he can. It also seems to me that he's not the "rube" here.
            Notice that most of those whom denigrate Trump on the Budget are;
            1) largely wealth takers from the public treasury and not wealth creators ...
            2) are ignorant of the fact that per the Constitution it is Congress that sets the budget and the POTUS is the one whom signs off on such, or not. IIRC, the first one presented to Trump he signed reluctantly with admonishment to Congress to do better (on reduction) with the next one. They failed to do that, hence the "shut-down" which had all the pork-eaters howling. Unfortunately Trump caved to the Looters and here we are. Admittedly, so far, not quite to the extent we saw under Obama-nation.

Acting WH Budget Director: Congress Has Been Ignoring Trump’s Spending Reductions for the Last 2 Years
            “Look, again, the last administration nearly doubled the national debt, and when this president ran for office, he made a commitment to the American people that he would attempt to tackle the debt within eight years. This president did that the very first year that he came to office by sending forth a budget that balanced within 10 years and had more spending reductions than any in history,” the budget director said.

“But he's added $2 trillion -- more than $2 trillion to the national debt,” Karl said.

“He also came into office and had an economic recovery that was needed to put people back to work, get the economy going, and to rebuild the military, and had historic levels of military at $700 [billion] and $716 billion in national defense dollars,” Vought said.

“At the same time, Congress has been ignoring the president's spending reductions for the last two years. It's only now in our third budget that they're willing to have a conversation about the national debt. We've been trying to have it since we got to office,” he said.

“The president is putting forward these reductions: He's putting forward a 5 percent cut to non-defense discretionary spending. He's putting forward reforms to mandatory programs that are on autopilot while keeping his commitment to American seniors by not making changes to Medicare and Social Security,” Vought added.
            https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...Q3RlgifQ%3D%3D
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The Left's memory only goes back to November, 2016.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

The Left's memory only goes back to November, 2016.
                I'm surprised they remember what they did and said yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                  I don't think Trump supporters care about his performance.
                  Trump is winning too much. What does he do with it all? He’s like a billionaire of winning. He’s the CEO of GoldmanWinningSachs
                  "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    Trump proposes the biggest budget in the history of the country.
                    Conservatives argue that he's trying to roll back government spending.
                    some blind A holes for sure licking up any BS that Trump says.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X