Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Republicans in a Panic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Republicans in a Panic

    They just don't have the moral courage to face Trump and tell him he's wrong.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    They just don't have the moral courage to face Trump and tell him he's wrong.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    From the tail end of your link;
    ...
    One possible option under discussion would to get Trump roughly $5.7 billion for the wall, which Republicans support, but also block his emergency declaration. Republicans are also weighing changes to the National Emergency Act, including requiring that Congress affirmatively vote to continue the emergency declaration after a certain amount of time.

    Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) said during a conference call with Ohio reporters that he was trying to find an "alternative way" to get Trump funding, including expanding the amount of money he can take from the Pentagon's counter-drug funds. Trump is expected to take roughly $2.5 billion from that pot though Republicans have floated expanding that to $4 billion.

    Republicans argue that Trump could access nearly $6 billion in funding without needing to declare a national emergency-significantly more than lawmakers think he can use before the end of September, which marks the end of the fiscal year.

    "There's an overwhelming sense in the conference that the president needs to be able to build a barrier," Lankford said. "It's just a question of how those funds are used."
    ....

    What is WRONG are people thinking that tens of thousands of illegals per month entering our country is not an emergency.

    What is WRONG are socialist like you whom are in favor of not securing our borders and are willing to give away our nation to criminals (yes, if you enter illegally, you are starting out here as a criminal).

    What is WRONG is your frequent distortions such as this. While some of the GOP elected to Congress may not be willing to support increasing security of our border, the majority of citizen GOP are.

    What is WRONG is that Congress is considering giving the right to vote to non-citizens that are here illegally.

    For someone whom is constantly banging the drum of Nation over all else, your willingness to give the country away to law-breakers and undermine the principles of our Constitution sure looks seditious to me.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

    Comment


    • #3
      What is WRONG are people thinking that tens of thousands of illegals per month entering our country is not an emergency.

      What is WRONG are socialist like you whom are in favor of not securing our borders and are willing to give away our nation to criminals (yes, if you enter illegally, you are starting out here as a criminal).

      What is WRONG is your frequent distortions such as this. While some of the GOP elected to Congress may not be willing to support increasing security of our border, the majority of citizen GOP are.

      What is WRONG is that Congress is considering giving the right to vote to non-citizens that are here illegally.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think that the resolution to end Trump's emergency will play badly if it passes, particularly if he vetoes it and it gets overridden, in 2020 during the election. Trump will have a bludgeon to use on the subject of illegal immigration which I would think that every Democrat-- particularly those who voted against the wall-- will run from at every chance because they won't have an answer that people will like on border security.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

          From the tail end of your link;
          ...
          One possible option under discussion would to get Trump roughly $5.7 billion for the wall, which Republicans support, but also block his emergency declaration. Republicans are also weighing changes to the National Emergency Act, including requiring that Congress affirmatively vote to continue the emergency declaration after a certain amount of time.

          Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) said during a conference call with Ohio reporters that he was trying to find an "alternative way" to get Trump funding, including expanding the amount of money he can take from the Pentagon's counter-drug funds. Trump is expected to take roughly $2.5 billion from that pot though Republicans have floated expanding that to $4 billion.

          Republicans argue that Trump could access nearly $6 billion in funding without needing to declare a national emergency-significantly more than lawmakers think he can use before the end of September, which marks the end of the fiscal year.

          "There's an overwhelming sense in the conference that the president needs to be able to build a barrier," Lankford said. "It's just a question of how those funds are used."
          ....

          What is WRONG are people thinking that tens of thousands of illegals per month entering our country is not an emergency.

          What is WRONG are socialist like you whom are in favor of not securing our borders and are willing to give away our nation to criminals (yes, if you enter illegally, you are starting out here as a criminal).

          What is WRONG is your frequent distortions such as this. While some of the GOP elected to Congress may not be willing to support increasing security of our border, the majority of citizen GOP are.

          What is WRONG is that Congress is considering giving the right to vote to non-citizens that are here illegally.

          For someone whom is constantly banging the drum of Nation over all else, your willingness to give the country away to law-breakers and undermine the principles of our Constitution sure looks seditious to me.
          Among other nonsense that you posted, please tell us how you came to the conclusion that I was a socialist? That is nothing but an ad hominem comment that is completely without evidence and overall merit.

          Is that all you can do is falsely accuse someone with whom you disagree?

          And the majority of Republicans are in lockstep with a corrupt president. The majority of the US population is not.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

          Comment


          • #6
            Odd how we get so many threads about the GOP being in a panic, when in fact the GOP is quietly going about the business of ruling the country...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Odd how we get so many threads about the GOP being in a panic, when in fact the GOP is quietly going about the business of ruling the country...
              To people who have TDS everything is a crisis that involves Trump. As far as I'm concerned Trumps election has totally unhinged the left. One of my best buddies came to visit and had the gall to say "You have blood on your hands because you donated to a church..."

              That guy has turned into one of those people who literately gets so worked up they froth at the mouth...

              There's no point of trying to reason with them, they've lost their mind and are crazy...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                Odd how we get so many threads about the GOP being in a panic, when in fact the GOP is quietly going about the business of ruling the country...
                The United States isn't 'ruled'-it is governed. Monarchs, despots, and tyrants rule not US presidents no matter how much you might want it that way.

                I suggest you take a middle school-level civics class. You might actually learn something and it's on your intellectual level.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  They just don't have the moral courage to face Trump and tell him he's wrong.

                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
                  Doesn't mention anything about panic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think I might take an online class on Panic Room design, I can get an associate certificate.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      Odd how we get so many threads about the GOP being in a panic, when in fact the GOP is quietly going about the business of ruling the country...
                      Never-Trumpers have been panicking since his poll numbers first came out.
                      "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                      "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Republicans in Panic!
                        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by American87 View Post

                          Never-Trumpers have been panicking since his poll numbers first came out.
                          And which poll numbers are those?
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Massena View Post

                            The United States isn't 'ruled'-it is governed. Monarchs, despots, and tyrants rule not US presidents no matter how much you might want it that way.

                            I suggest you take a middle school-level civics class. You might actually learn something and it's on your intellectual level.
                            when in fact the GOP is quietly going about the business of ruining the country... fixed it.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              While the GOP sucks and has for a long time, I would rather be in their shoes than the dems at the moment.

                              Pelosi has a problem with some idiot, but high profile, representatives and those representatives are determined to push the party even further left than they already are. (To say nothing of the divisiveness of the concept of reparations)

                              It may still turn out ok for them, but the dems have so completely embraced identity politics that I don't know how they will reconcile that with a national campaign.


                              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                              Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X