Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Ah, didn't Clinton balance the budget?
    I believe that was the last time the budget was balanced and that was 1994.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

So, the drug companies hand you your prescription medicine without charge? Or are you conflating the idea that you don't pay but someone else, unseen, does like the government and that you equate that with the drugs being "free?"

Regardless of what they do in Scotland, if you give blood in the US one of the screening issues is if you have lived in Europe or the UK and had serious medical treatments or transfusions there. I'm not making a judgement call on that, I'm simply stating a fact. Here, those can be reasons to refuse to take you as a donor.
      I can understand that, there are screening question about AIDS and Malaria here too, and you have to report any medical conditions. I pay for prescriptions etc. every month from my wages, as does everybody else. I'm happy to do that in the knowledge that people will get the treatment they need.

The NHS isn't perfect, I'll admit that, and MM's mother-in-law effectively paying twice for her treatment is a good example. To be fair, if her treatment had been urgent, she wouldn't have had to wait.
      Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X