Single payer, single payer bla bla bla

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single payer, single payer bla bla bla

Can anybody here tell me just what that is supposed to be?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

We won't know until after it is passed.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
      Thanks for the insight Pres

Comment

Single
        -
        payer healthcare
        is a type of universal
        healthcare
        financed by taxes that covers the costs of essential
        healthcare
        for all residents, with costs covered by a
        single
        public system (hence '
        single
        -
        payer
        ').
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Tks Eric.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            Single
            -
            payer healthcare
            is a type of universal
            healthcare
            financed by taxes that covers the costs of essential
            healthcare
            for all residents, with costs covered by a
            single
            public system (hence '
            single
            -
            payer
            ').
            That sounds terrible.
            "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              It's the system partially used n Canada,but fully used in Paradise for god's lil angels............
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Government run health care like you get at the VA or in the military...

That is, everything is rationed. What should take an hour takes all day and that day is two months from now. Worse, it costs as much as the previous system only your providers are less competent, less caring, and you have no recourse.

Comment

Hi John.
                  Getting past the rhetoric, describe to us healthcare in Germany. Over here it is referred to as socialized medical care, but it really isnít that at all isit?
                  i realize you probably have Tricare which you earned through your service. But the German healthcare system is well run and more affordable than what we have here and isnít necessarily a government run system.
                  Coukd you shed some light on it?
                  Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                  Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                    And then only if we read all three thousand pages.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Hi John.
                      Getting past the rhetoric, describe to us healthcare in Germany. Over here it is referred to as socialized medical care, but it really isnít that at all isit?
                      i realize you probably have Tricare which you earned through your service. But the German healthcare system is well run and more affordable than what we have here and isnít necessarily a government run system.
                      Coukd you shed some light on it?
                      http://www.germanyhis.com/

Does better than I could.

I'll let you decide where you want to place it. Coverage is required by law and has been so since the time of Bismark.

I have never needed or used Tricare or the VA. After retiring from the Army I worked in a German firm for 15 years and therefore fully cover under the German system.

This past month found both myself and wife in two different hospital at the same time. She with a broken wrist and me with my reported problems in another post. So what went down? Both EMT's at home, both transported to hospital. She got plates in her wrist and I got my pace maker. Her stay 7 days and mine four. Out of pocket for both of us combined is less than $600. I cannot complain in the least. When I hear the bogyman story's about long waits, choice of doctors etc I have to . Elective procedures are usually scheduled within a month and emergency is right now. Choice of doctor, I can pick which ever one I want nation wide, but have one here within about 2 miles, who makes house calls.

Comment

http://www.germanyhis.com/

Does better than I could.

I'll let you decide where you want to place it. Coverage is required by law and has been so since the time of Bismark.

I have never needed or used Tricare or the VA. After retiring from the Army I worked in a German firm for 15 years and therefore fully cover under the German system.

This past month found both myself and wife in two different hospital at the same time. She with a broken wrist and me with my reported problems in another post. So what went down? Both EMT's at home, both transported to hospital. She got plates in her wrist and I got my pace maker. Her stay 7 days and mine four. Out of pocket for both of us combined is less than $600. I cannot complain in the least. When I hear the bogyman story's about long waits, choice of doctors etc I have to . Elective procedures are usually scheduled within a month and emergency is right now. Choice of doctor, I can pick which ever one I want nation wide, but have one here within about 2 miles, who makes house calls.
                        That sounds like a better system than what we use and better than single payer. I do not consider the German system as ď socialized medicine ď. It gets a bad rap here because it is required that everyone buys in, but it is still private insurance that is regulated and operated as a nonprofit,.
                        Good to hear you both are doing better, hopefully the pacemaker takes care of your situation, my next door neighbor had a pacemaker installed in December, in January he was taking a treadmill stress test and had a major heart attack, the widow maker, ended up with a quadruple bypass.
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

some perks that are hard to believe. Returning home from hospital I usually take a cab. This time the Doc ordered a wheel chair transport because of the pain of getting in and out of the normal taxi. Picked up in my room dropped off in my living room. No cost. Due to my wife's wrist etc, house hold help for four weeks again at no cost.

I don't know how other systems work but this one works well. Why do we need to invent something new when there are good systems for us to copy?

Comment

some perks that are hard to believe. Returning home from hospital I usually take a cab. This time the Doc ordered a wheel chair transport because of the pain of getting in and out of the normal taxi. Picked up in my room dropped off in my living room. No cost. Due to my wife's wrist etc, house hold help for four weeks again at no cost.

I don't know how other systems work but this one works well. Why do we need to invent something new when there are good systems for us to copy?
                            We have to do something, the stranglehold that the insurance industry along with the ďBill them till they bleedĒ mentality of the hospitals is driving our cost sky high. We do have good technology and
                            for the most part quick treatment.
                            I am 68 and still work primarily for healthcare, my wife has chronic health issues, Iím not convinced Medicare would cover all the expenses. Another issue, Medicare part 1 doesnít cover eye care or dental care, you have to purchase supplemental policies out of pocket.

Comment

Trump's budget and health care:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insu...cid=spartandhp
                              We are not now that strength which in old days
                              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X