Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

Your first phrase is interesting.

Trade with a poorer country, and China is a poorer country than both the US and U.K., enables both to gain. We get basic manufactured items cheaper than we can make ourselves and they get money to develope themselves so that they can afford our more sophisticated goods and services.
    All voluntary trade benefits both parties.
    Unless you are trading alcohol to native Americans for furs or opium to the Chinese for silks. My point was that we are now trading paper dreams (derivatives) to the Chinese for manufactured goods. If trade was free then they would have had direct access to the markets without the banksters as middlemen. I'm not arguing against you point so much as pointing out what I see as a source of instability.

It all comes down to a question of values and the markets don't decide what people value. That is a "spiritual" question?
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

Unless you are trading alcohol to native Americans for furs or opium to the Chinese for silks. My point was that we are now trading paper dreams (derivatives) to the Chinese for manufactured goods. If trade was free then they would have had direct access to the markets without the banksters as middlemen. I'm not arguing against you point so much as pointing out what I see as a source of instability.

It all comes down to a question of values and the markets don't decide what people value. That is a "spiritual" question?
      The market is the manifestation of what people value.
      "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X