X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignorance of Science Can be Deadly

Another anti-vaccination idiot:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/so...cid=spartanntp

Attitudes and actions of this sort put the public at risk, especially children.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

In an interview with The Washington Post, the Republican from Mesa, Ariz. said she acknowledges the voluminous studies supporting the need for and safety of vaccines, but she defended her right to opt out of getting vaccinated and to prevent her children from doing so.
    Seems she's not ignoring the science. Just questioning whether the government should have the right to force people to go against their wishes when it comes to their bodies.
    Matthew 25:14-30. Jesus tells that it is not sufficient merely to maintain things as they are. Those who await should make good use of the gifts that God has provided them.

Comment

Originally posted by OJsDad View Post

Seems she's not ignoring the science. Just questioning whether the government should have the right to force people to go against their wishes when it comes to their bodies.
      That's ignoring the science and arguing nonsense (again). Vaccines are both necessary and healthy and I would suggest that the government has the right to mandate vaccinations.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

That's ignoring the science and arguing nonsense (again). Vaccines are both necessary and healthy and I would suggest that the government has the right to mandate vaccinations.
        I say you're wrong. Government does have a duty to protect the public, so they could deny certain services to someone who is unvaccinated, such as attendance at a public school where such a person could pose a health risk... But, if the vaccine works and most have it, only the unvaccinated in such a case would be endangered and that's their choice.
        This is really little different than someone who is a Christian Scientist and eschews most modern medicine in favor of prayer. That's their choice regardless of how you or I view it.
        Government has no right to force vaccinations on anyone. There is no constitutional mandate or duty given to government to provide for everyone's healthcare. That means it is on the states, or The People (individually) to provide that. In this case (healthcare) it falls to the individual.
        That said, if someone is obstinate or stupid enough not to want a vaccine, that's their choice. Of course, there are certain ones I would say I myself would forego if the government decided that everyone needed it, like an anthrax vaccine. My chances of catching a case of anthrax, short of biological warfare, is next to nonexistent. I see no reason I would need one. Yellow fever? Same thing, not going to catch a case.
        So, forcing everyone to do something that can be left to individual choice should be left to individual choice.

On a related note, I would point out that the largest unvaccinated population in the US today are illegal aliens, particularly those from Third World countries. One more reason they need to be deported.

Comment

Originally posted by OJsDad View Post

But you're in favor of the government forcing people to go against their wishes and their bodies when it comes to abortion?

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
            But you're in favor of the government forcing people to go against their wishes and their bodies when it comes to abortion?
            I'm against it being unilaterally a "woman's right to choose" because of the issue of child support.

Comment

I'm in favor of the government enforcing laws against killing other people.

Until you can establish the child/fetus isn't sentient at the time of the abortion, you can't pretend that abortion doesn't result in the killing of a separate life.

Also, if you favor the government paying for those abortions, then you have to accept others get a say in them.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Some people here need to be vaccinated against TDS .But I doubt that such a vaccin exists .And, if it exists, is it refunded by Obamacare ?

Comment

He who proposes totalitarian measures is a totalitarian .

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                    I'm in favor of the government enforcing laws against killing other people.
                    What separates anti-vaxxers from Typhoid Marys in your opinion?

Let vaccination thresholds drop far enough and you can welcome back Medieval disease panoramas. It kills people already.
                    https://www.sciencealert.com/measles...ation-movement

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                      What separates anti-vaxxers from Typhoid Marys in your opinion?

Let vaccination thresholds drop far enough and you can welcome back Medieval disease panoramas. It kills people already.
                      https://www.sciencealert.com/measles...ation-movement
                      I think that the anti-vaxxers are free to do with their own bodies as they wish.
                      But they are not also entitled to expose me to risk.

I will liken it to alcohol use.
                      I do not believe that the government has a right to regulate one's alcohol use in the home, but once that person gets on the public highway or otherwise endangers the public, then the government has a right to regulate that behavior.

I do not approve of anti vaxxers because usually they are endangering lives other than their own. i.e. their children
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I see lots of law firms advertising for lawsuits against companies that had scientifically proven medical drugs, devices and procedures, all that were approved by the federal government, but have since been sown to not be as safe as first thought.

Matthew 25:14-30. Jesus tells that it is not sufficient merely to maintain things as they are. Those who await should make good use of the gifts that God has provided them.

Comment

So, how many unborn babies has given their ok to being murdered by their mothers.

Comment

The anti vaccination movement is just one more example of the safe space mentality. It's related to rampant virtue signaling. It results from the failure to connect freedom with responsibility and in that sense is related to the abortion epidemic. I call it the spoiled 60s childhood syndrome. Historically it could be called the luxus syndrome.

The 60s commune movement is a similar phenomenon. To avoid responsibility for the society around them people withdraw. Even the preper movement has a similar psychology. The irony is that social activism is often just a way of denying individual responsibility for society through tribalism. Me first and mine before the greater good.

It is no coincidence that the hippie movement was one of the most conformist social movements I have witnessed. They had a superficial individuality in dress that was kind of a eclectic uniform. They had a tribal language and rituals. They embrace other native tribal societies. They withdrew not only from society but from reality through drugs. Many embraced the simplistic tribalism of Marx.

Complex societies are unnatural. Capitalism in particular requires the rejection of tribal instincts. It requires individual not collective initiative. The story of Native American adaptation to liberal democracy is a case in point. They have largely rejected the necessary assimilation while demanding the material benefits of a non tribal society.

From the tribal perspective rejecting vaccination is instinctively logical. You get the benefit of everyone else being vaccinated without any of the risk. It is what the neo Marxists feminists call emotional intelligence.

Society was primed by Luxus to embrace bread and circus, irresponsible individuality, abortion, irrational open borders, the drug culture, Marxism, Post Modernism, and all the other self absorbed ideologies such as social justice that poisons us. We are a species like all others that only evolve in an adversarial environment. It's an unfortunate truth at the biological, cultural and spiritual levels. The meaning of responsibility is found in being in an adversarial relationship to one's own instincts.
                            We hunt the hunters

Comment

This is one area where I will lean toward agreeing with the left. Living in an era of high mobility and high population density makes us especially vulnerable to epidemics. This means we have to be proactive in keeping them tamped down. That means strong herd immunity. In this case it's public safety. Get immunized or get lost. 19th century ailments have reappeared in anti vaxxer country.

I'm also against infanticide.
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X