Virginia first lady handed out cotton to African-American children

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

You can't take a single sentence out of context and then complain it doesn't make sense. The entire paragraph is there for a reason. Never mind the fact that you've now changed your argument.
    Why not?
    You do such all the time.

What context ???

You say one thing in one sentence, then in the next sentence say the opposite, and wrap this all in one paragraph suggesting there's a continuity, when most of us read it as conflicted positions, loopy thinking, and poor grammar, at best. Looks like you are trying to straddle the ideological fence here, talk out of both sides of your mouth (forked tongue), or as an old proverb puts it; "He who try walking down both sides of street wind up on ass in the middle."

Rather than argue a lost cause, you could admit you made a "mis-statement" and use the edit function to fix that flub of a mess.

What 'change of argument' does your delusions see ???
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

The point I was making was that it's not a white vs black issue. It's not whites (you) paying for black reparations. It is a tax burden that will be placed on not you, but everyone. That stance is made clear in the initial post being referenced when nothing is taken out of context.

The argument started off as "you don't know how government and taxes work" and has now morphed into "you made a misstatement". Neither are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
        The point I was making was that it's not a white vs black issue. It's not whites (you) paying for black reparations. It is a tax burden that will be placed on not you, but everyone. That stance is made clear in the initial post being referenced when nothing is taken out of context.

The argument started off as "you don't know how government and taxes work" and has now morphed into "you made a misstatement". Neither are correct.
        Your point was far from clear and in full context of what you wrote was contradictory rubbish. You left the gate open for it to be taken many ways.

Your record of posts here are the evidence that you don't fully understand how economics, government, and taxes work. But I'm not up to wasting more time with you circling about your efforts at CYA. Speaking of which, that was an "out" I was giving you when suggesting that maybe you mis-spoke", rather than hadn't a clue how to express a clear and non-confusing thought.
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

The government would pay it, which yes adds to the debt and falls on the tax payer which of course includes blacks and whites alike along with everyone else in the country. It's not a white vs black issue as many try to paint it as.
          How is that any indication that I don't understand economics, when you echoed the same thing that I said, after the fact. No one who's in favor of big government fiscal policies is going to tell me that I don't understand economics.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Red highlight above is mine.

Neither I nor Cambronnne, or others, have any reading shortcomings. You would seem to have a writing shortcoming in that you contradict yourself within that single(second) paragraph. Taxes come out of the taxpayers pocket, so "we" are paying it out of our pockets, so a big "DUH" there.

If only Blacks get the reparations than any taxes they pay amount to a kickback, similar case with Federal employees whom get paid via taxpayer funds and then turn around and also pay taxes on that income.

You're almost right in one way; "...not a white vs black issue..."; it's more a black versus everyone else issue; white, Asian, Hispanic, etc.

My family hails from Armenia, perhaps we could get reparations for the slaughter the Turks did to us about a century ago.

Consider it done. The government will pay so it won't cost us anything.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Time to get some ancestry tested for me, so I can cash in with the rest of you folks! I know I've got American Indian, probably French, English, maybe some Scottish, need to be certain....wow, I'll be rolling in the big bucks soon!

Thanks, Tactikill, you're idiotic posts have actually led to something positive for once.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                Time to get some ancestry tested for me, so I can cash in with the rest of you folks! I know I've got American Indian, probably French, English, maybe some Scottish, need to be certain....wow, I'll be rolling in the big bucks soon!

Thanks, Tactikill, you're idiotic posts have actually led to something positive for once.
                We all will.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

That would be your* genius. Add yourself to the list of conservatives too dumb to read or write properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Reparations require punishing people who never owned slaves for the sin of slavery and giving it to people who were never slaves to reimburse them for a harm they did not suffer.

If we are going to talk reparations, perhaps the first target should be the Democratic Party.
                    It supported slavery, caused a civil war to preserve it then passed “Jim crow” laws to try and maintain it in other forms.

The Democratic Party carries far more guilt for the sin of slavery than anyone else.
                    I do believe that platform has " gone with the wind..."
                    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X