Justin Fairfax's deeply irresponsible attempt to play the race card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Fairfax's deeply irresponsible attempt to play the race card

Kudos to CNN for calling this out, if only some people here would realize how irresponsible it is when they cry racism.....

Trying to push race -- and racism -- into this story is deeply irresponsible by Fairfax. There is no question that Virginia's history -- not to mention the recent admissions by Northam and Herring -- suggests that the state has much more work to do in and around race.
    But by trying to make a story that centers on allegations about his behavior toward women into one somehow about race, Fairfax is muddying the discussion the state needs to have.

What happens next is still unclear. But what we do know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that Fairfax's politically motivated comparisons between his situation and Virginia's history of lynchings is just plain wrong.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/25/polit...ult/index.html
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

How usual... This follows the "standard" pattern for minority-- and particularly Black-- Democrat politicians accused of some crime or malfeasance. This is only really true for Democrat politicians.

They're accused and deny the accusations.

The accusations start to show credible proof so they get angry and say everyone's lying

That does nothing to make things go away so they claim the charges were made on the basis of racism.

When that fails they tell the public, once again, they did nothing wrong even as it's now apparent they did do something wrong, and then say they absolutely refuse to give up their office.

They get formally charged and then either impeached or otherwise turned out of office. They blame all this on imagined racism.

Fairfax is hardly the first Black politician to get caught doing something illegal. But, from Marion Barry to Catherine Walker (one in Arizona caught on camera stuffing $23,000 in bribe money into a large purse while telling the guy giving it to her "I'll vote for anything you want! I'm gonna die rich!") to Cynthia McKinney, the pattern holds up pretty well.

Comment

I agree this person is a fool, but Democrats are not the only ones who pull the race card. Trump did when he 'reacted' to Spike Lee's acceptance speech at the Oscars:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/osc...cid=spartandhp
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        I agree this person is a fool, but Democrats are not the only ones who pull the race card. Trump did when he 'reacted' to Spike Lee's acceptance speech at the Oscars:

Did you listen to Spike Lee's speech? I just did, since I didn't watch the Oscars, having ZERO interest in them. But, since you bring this particular part up, I watched his "acceptance" speech.

There. You can watch it too now.

It was a mishmash of ahistorical ranting about Black history, mixed with a good dose of implied racism and other nonsense that had ZERO to do with his award. It was his moment on stage to babble on in a Leftist political rant tainted with a heavy dose of racism.

Trump's reaction, like it or not, is actually kind of reasonable in this case.

I'd also say it's the sort of thing that has made the market share on the Oscars plummet in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

A totally lame attempt to deflect from a race baiter (Fairfax) and attempting to turn this into another TDS thread. You started a thread on this false attempt to claim Trump played the race card.....why did you decide to attempt to derail this thread?

Do you support what Fairfax is saying?
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

A totally lame attempt to deflect from a race baiter (Fairfax) and attempting to turn this into another TDS thread. You started a thread on this false attempt to claim Trump played the race card.....why did you decide to attempt to derail this thread?

Do you support what Fairfax is saying?
            um Trump did play the race card. imagine if he said the same thing except said white unemployment is x white whatever is x
            Come on that a wtf moment.

Or another example I could use is all whites need to lose rights to own guns since they are usually the ones who commit mass gun assaults. yeah equally stupid.

btw it also included all us blacks should shut up and be grateful for Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

um Trump did play the race card. imagine if he said the same thing except said white unemployment is x white whatever is x

Or another example I could use is all whites need to lose rights to own guns since they are usually the ones who commit mass gun assaults. yeah equally stupid.

Congratulations...you just manged to combine both TDS and racism into a single irrelevant post.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

um Trump did play the race card.
                How did he play the race card?
                Last edited by Nichols; 27 Feb 19, 07:47.

Comment

Is this the new standard?

So if Trump has a penchant for blathering insulting, ignorant & ill-informed babble, then that's the standard for the Democratic party?

No matter what debauchery or mendacity the Democrat will be accused of, the excuse will be "But Trump..."

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post

So if Trump has a penchant for blathering insulting, ignorant & ill-informed babble, then that's the standard for the Democratic party?

No matter what debauchery or mendacity the Democrat will be accused of, the excuse will be "But Trump..."
                    According to the Dems and lefties pretending not to be Dems, two wrongs always make a right. Not the way I was taught growing up, but, hey, it's the Dems New America, after all.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post

um I am a republican.

I do find it interesting that what a black conservative tell you this your assume there a dem Interesting.

Comment

How did he play the race card?
                        Trump quoted stats about black employment stats just because Spike is black. What did Spike comments have anything to do with employment stats.

Imagine if in response to something you critizied Obama about he said he lowered white unemployment by X

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

According to the Dems and lefties pretending not to be Dems, two wrongs always make a right. Not the way I was taught growing up, but, hey, it's the Dems New America, after all.
                          LOL but most Trump supporters do this whenever they justify what Trump is doing. And even your comment about those pretending about being dems shows your engaged in doing what you were taught not to do.

I can say I have been consistent in my complaints about Obama and Trump unlike others.

Comment

Trump quoted stats about black employment stats just because Spike is black. What did Spike comments have anything to do with employment stats.
                            Lee made a political play at the end of his acceptance.....choice between love verses hate for 2020.

Trump comes back with stats that show minorities are much better off under his presidency...

The only thing that Trump did was give an example that he doesn't hate minorities....still goes back to my original question....how did he play the race card?

Comment

Lee made a political play at the end of his acceptance.....choice between love verses hate for 2020.

Trump comes back with stats that show minorities are much better off under his presidency...

The only thing that Trump did was give an example that he doesn't hate minorities....still goes back to my original question....how did he play the race card?

um that not an example of not being a racist but an example of being a racist. He assumed because Spike was black that quoting stats about black employement is the answer. When spike comments were not about Trump specifically and definitely not about blacks. (in other interviews before the Oscars Spike has made it clear his do the right thing slogan can be applied to dems also)

Because spike is black Trump assumed X because this good for blacks. is that not the definition of racism.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X