Democrats block abortion bill in Senate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

It really seems that they are trying to guarantee Trump a second term. There seems to be a lot of pro abortion people that have a problem with this.
    A Republican Senate and a Democrat President can be a good balance, as long as the crazies in the Republican party aren't the tail wagging the dog.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

A Republican Senate and a Democrat President can be a good balance, as long as the crazies in the Republican party aren't the tail wagging the dog.
      Completely agree, that is why I don't understand why the Democrats are giving the Republicans these talking points; killing babies out of the womb, the Green Deal......

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

Crazies aren't limited to just one party (See the GND and the open borders crowd)
        That said, I agree. A divided government tends to do less harm.
        I think that one of the reasons the economy did so well in the 1990s wasn't due to the actions of either party, but due to the fact that each party prevented the other from doing anything.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Isn't it obvious why the Democrats did this? They like killing babies. Maybe they eat them too!

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

If saving a living new born is “giving” an inch, would the same logic apply to providing medical care to a a one month old? Or to a 5 year old?
            Be glad they have shown where they stand on this issue.
            quick answer,- NO. .
            You may want to read |Arthur Koestler's The Sleepwalkers, spec." the yogi and the Commissar" chapter.

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
              quick answer,- NO. .
              You may want to read |Arthur Koestler's The Sleepwalkers, spec." the yogi and the Commissar" chapter.

If the answer is "no", then you should be able to tell me why rather than tell me to read something else and figure out what you mean. It is not my responsibility to find supporting facts or logic for your assertions..

If killing a new born is ok then how does it become "not ok" a week, month or a year later?

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

If the answer is "no", then you should be able to tell me why rather than tell me to read something else and figure out what you mean. It is not my responsibility to find supporting facts or logic for your assertions..

If killing a new born is ok then how does it become "not ok" a week, month or a year later?
                a. Koestler explains the point much better than I could.
                B. go-pher it. classic book.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

a. Koestler explains the point much better than I could.
                  B. go-pher it. classic book.

If you can't explain your own position, I am not going to do it for you and will assume you can't support your claim that the answer to my question is "no".

Comment

If you can't explain your own position, I am not going to do it for you and will assume you can't support your claim that the answer to my question is "no".
                    In the title essay, Koestler proposes a continuum of philosophies for achieving "heaven on earth", from the Commissar at the materialist, scientific end of the spectrum, to the Yogi at the spiritual, metaphysical end. The Commissar wants to change society using any means necessary, while the Yogi wants to change the individual, with an emphasis on ethical purity instead of on results.[1]
                    "Between these two extremes are spread out in a continuous sequence the spectral lines of the more sedate, human attitudes. The more we approach its centre, the more the spectrum becomes blurred and woolly. On the other hand, this increase of wool on the naked spectral bodies makes them look more decent and intercourse with them more civilized."[2]
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yo..._the_Commissar

gotta run, chief. Honored to find that you feel that I am capable of Coles Noting Koestler..

Comment

Related to the decay of morale among Democrats and their supporters. The modern day Frankenstein.
                      The Department of Health and Human Services says it has granted a second 90-day extension to a contract it has with the University of California at San Francisco that requires UCSF to make “humanized mice.”

These creatures are made by implanting mice with human tissues taken from late-term aborted babies.
                      https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-parts-another
                      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

I don't think abortion would be anywhere near being such a hot, social-button issue if it were privately funded. Where does it say that a constitutional rights must be funded by the tax payers, and how would it be less protected if it were privately funded?

The narrative of the pro-abort side is that most people support a woman's right to an abortion without question...and that the newer generations are more and more supportive of it than otherwise. Well, then there should be no problem asking them to pay for it. A simple box on the tax form would allow anyone to check a "yes" to allow a portion withheld of any amount they choose of their own monies to fund "Planned Parenthood".

This would disarm the Right in not having that organization receive $500 million+ in government subsidies, and it would disarm the Left in that their right to choose is guaranteed.
                        You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X