Holiday Inn Cheaper Than Retirement Centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Inn Cheaper Than Retirement Centers

HOUSTON — A man says he’s done the research and the math, and he’s concluded that living in a Holiday Inn is a much better deal than moving into a nursing home.

“With the average cost for a nursing home care costing $188.00 per day, there is a better way when we get old and too feeble. I've already checked on reservations at the Holiday Inn. For a combined long term stay discount and senior discount, it's $59.23 per night,” Terry Robison wrote in a Facebook post that now has 89,000 shares.
    https://www.9news.com/article/news/n...1-ec8353eae557
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

How many nurses come with living at Holiday Inn?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

How many nurses come with living at Holiday Inn?
      How many come with a nursing home that are worth a $h!+…?

https://www.azfamily.com/news/invest...d53869faf.html

That's a local case of aw$h!+ big time.

Comment

I had heard a while back it is cheaper to be on a cruise ship than in a nursing home.
        Last edited by 17thfabn; 26 Feb 19, 19:49.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

That is not a bad deal at all if it comes with a free breakfast even better. You get a hot tub and pool, maybe a game room, exercise room and new neighbors everyday.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            and new neighbors everyday.
            Once your alzheimer's kicks in every one you meet is new to you. Sad but true.
            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

How many come with a nursing home that are worth a $h!+…?

https://www.azfamily.com/news/invest...d53869faf.html

That's a local case of aw$h!+ big time.
              You might be surprised. We found three that were excellent when my mother developed Alzheimers and she had to have 24-hour care. The care she received was excellent. And it is expensive.

Comment

If he's well enough to live without daily care, why can't he stay where is is?

The point of retirement homes, or assisted living, is that you have trained staff on hand to take care of you.

His math also ignores food costs.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

You might be surprised. We found three that were excellent when my mother developed Alzheimers and she had to have 24-hour care. The care she received was excellent. And it is expensive.
                  Exactly. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

The point of retirement homes, or assisted living, is that you have trained staff on hand to take care of you.

Yep. There's a big difference between senior living and assisted care. Senior living centers are just a place that people go to if they want to simplify and downsize their lives. They don't have to be there. In assisted living, you need help with everyday living tasks such as showering and getting dressed. I don't think Holiday Inn provides those services.

Comment

You obviously have never had any serious experience with long term care centers. They're warehouses for the dying, intended to turn a very nice profit while doing so.

The point of this is the relative cost and the vast difference in atmosphere, facilities and living quarters. The price quoted is for a shared room that does not come with its own shower and tub. No TV that isn't shared. No private phone. The room at the inn is all expenses paid including utilities, phone and TV with cable. Fresh linens and supplies daily, including soap, towels and toilet paper. Room cleaned daily.

All that for a third of the cost of a warehouse facility.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post

Yep. There's a big difference between senior living and assisted care. Senior living centers are just a place that people go to if they want to simplify and downsize their lives. They don't have to be there. In assisted living, you need help with everyday living tasks such as showering and getting dressed. I don't think Holiday Inn provides those services.
                        Around here those titles are reversed, but otherwise you're spot-on. Assisted living here is usually apartments where the staff check on you once a day, there's an on-site pharmacy & oxygen center, and they deliver one meal a day (which is optional). Plus some community activities.

Senior centers are where you go when you need actual daily care.

You get what you pay for. Most around here are very nice, but there's some pretty ragged ones 'on the cheap'.

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Around here those titles are reversed, but otherwise you're spot-on. Assisted living here is usually apartments where the staff check on you once a day, there's an on-site pharmacy & oxygen center, and they deliver one meal a day (which is optional). Plus some community activities.

Senior centers are where you go when you need actual daily care.

You get what you pay for. Most around here are very nice, but there's some pretty ragged ones 'on the cheap'.
                          "On the cheap" in Colorado starts at $3500 a month for a shared room.

Comment

My Mom's was $6-7000 a month in assisted living in a studio apartment. It had it's own bathroom with shower, a small sitting area and a microwave and small fridge. That included her daily medications, help with showering and dressing (when she needed it). The food was really good (very important) and the staff was attentive. My Mom enjoyed it most of the time. It was run by a national chain called Sunrise Assisted Living and was very good. My siblings and I had it where one of us would visit her at least 5-6 days of the week and we were always friendly with all the staff. They liked our Mom and knew that we were nice people but were always paying attention to everything.

Comment

The nursing home my grandmother stayed at had 3 meals a day that looked rather appetizing, 24 hour care, physical therapy, and nightly planned activities.

The last Holiday Inn I stayed at for less than $100 had a screeching bathroom fan, a lumpy bed, and a continental that consisted of bagels and yogurt.

One should look less at the price tag alone and more at what you get FOR the price tag.
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X