Holiday Inn Cheaper Than Retirement Centers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
    The nursing home my grandmother stayed at had 3 meals a day that looked rather appetizing, 24 hour care, physical therapy, and nightly planned activities.

The last Holiday Inn I stayed at for less than $100 had a screeching bathroom fan, a lumpy bed, and a continental that consisted of bagels and yogurt.

One should look less at the price tag alone and more at what you get FOR the price tag.
    It's a relative way of looking at the comparative costs of long term care, a for-profit commercial activity vs comparative accomodations in a hospitality facility. Obviously, there are other arguments as well, but from long experience with long-term care, my wife and know how bad the national standard of care really is.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I can't remember the last hotel I stayed in that was less than $90 a night.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        I can't remember the last hotel I stayed in that was less than $90 a night.
        You have expensive tastes. I'll bet you even demand clean sheets!

Comment

A friend of mine set her mom up with a companion in exchange for room & board + $1000/monthly. The live-in companion also provide hygiene care, meal prep, laundry and housecleaning for the additional $1000/month.
          Since all the kids are grown and moved out, the extra bedrooms are just collecting dust. She said it's going so well, she want to rent out the remaining bedrooms to boarders.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            A friend of mine set her mom up with a companion in exchange for room & board + $1000/monthly. The live-in companion also provide hygiene care, meal prep, laundry and housecleaning for the additional $1000/month.
            Since all the kids are grown and moved out, the extra bedrooms are just collecting dust. She said it's going so well, she want to rent out the remaining bedrooms to boarders.
            Sounds like a good arrangement for all concerned.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X