X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

Here's your nothing burger.
    dear god.
    Do you even bother to read what the indictments are for? Did you even notice that your own quote doesn't say they were charged for "Russian influence"?

Exactly none of the indictments have to do with any "Russian influence".

Although I can see how the argument is already changing.
    Since there is no evidence of "collusion" (conspiracy) the new claim will be "Russian influence".
    This may disappoint you, but if the claim is now "Russian influence" instead of conspiracy, that means trump can't possibly be charged with anything.

In other words it is an embarrassing nothing burger.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Well, just for starters, he set up a fake university that has been closed down. DT's share of the court settlement was over 25 million dollars US, paid in 2016.
      https://www.newyorker.com/news/john-...than-you-think

Call him a mad genius, call him flawed- but necessary- whatever, -It would be a pleasant change to see all this blind adulation of the man in this forum be replaced by some balanced research...
      And here the TDS comes out. The notion of blind adulation of Trump is a myth. Most Trump supporters, myself included, have criticized him. We just don't DEMONIZE him. This tendency among Trump haters to equate a lack of hatred with blind adulation is part of what puts the D in TDS. In reality most of us DO consider him flawed but necessary. We do not worship him.
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

And here the TDS comes out. The notion of blind adulation of Trump is a myth. Most Trump supporters, myself included, have criticized him. We just don't DEMONIZE him. This tendency among Trump haters to equate a lack of hatred with blind adulation is part of what puts the D in TDS. In reality most of us DO consider him flawed but necessary. We do not worship him.
        I agree, I despise Trump as a person but I agree with almost everything he is doing or trying to do, and I agree with him being necessary.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Exactly. We do, however, wish that our so-called "representatives would at least work with him to fix some of what's broken.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Your response mentions nothing about the charges of massive fraud nor the massive settlement - out of court.

Typical, unfortunately....
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Let's assume for a moment that Mueller delivers his report and exonerates Trump entirely. No charges to be brought. Does anyone here really believe that will end this crap? My bet is that if that happens the Democrats will proclaim Mueller is an idiot or was bought off and then tell the public they're going to continue the investigation because they know damn well Trump is, must be, guilty of "stuff."

Comment

I'm a Trump supporter. He's far from perfect, but I wasn't expected perfect. What I wanted was someone who would put the USA first, and who would work to fix the problems we face. He doesn't have to be someone I would invite into my home.

Trump delivers. He is trying to make things better.

Which is more than you say about any Democrat POTUS in the last hundred years.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  I'm a Trump supporter.
                  Why? His people gave you a couple blankets infected with some Whitey disease.

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Let's assume for a moment that Mueller delivers his report and exonerates Trump entirely. No charges to be brought. Does anyone here really believe that will end this crap? My bet is that if that happens the Democrats will proclaim Mueller is an idiot or was bought off and then tell the public they're going to continue the investigation because they know damn well Trump is, must be, guilty of "stuff."
                    They know that because they know most of their colleagues are guilty of "stuff".
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

They know that because they know most of their colleagues are guilty of "stuff".
                      While Canadians are often accused of being malevolently well informed about the United States, expect to see the Trump University tales come up at the next election.
                      the story has traction, esp. among disappointed young job seekers.

AND there are still lawsuits working their way though the American court system....
                      https://www.newyorker.com/news/john-...t-wont-go-away
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University
                      Last edited by marktwain; 24 Feb 19, 23:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
                        Good timeline and perspective.

Comment

While Canadians are often accused of being malevolently well informed about the United States, expect to see the Trump University tales come up at the next election.
                          the story has traction, esp. among disappointed young job seekers.

AND there are still lawsuits working their way though the American court system....
                          https://www.newyorker.com/news/john-...t-wont-go-away
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University
                          Well if that is a problem we may need to look into a few universities and there activist training programs. There are millions of kids getting not much of an education and spending tens of thousands of dollars on degrees they will never use. The humanities and social science are a disgrace. That doesn't make Trump's educational scam ok it just puts it into perspective.

Perhaps we will have a better choice in 6 years but I'm not holding my breath.

Until I see a better alternative to Trump I'm going to support him.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Your response mentions nothing about the charges of massive fraud nor the massive settlement - out of court.

Typical, unfortunately....
                            My response also didn't mention my disagreement with his saying "Mexico is sending us their rapists" or his handling of last year's market downturn. I figured that explaining that we can and do criticize him might have conveyed that sentiment without me having to spell things out line by line so abundantly clearly that even Baldrick couldn't miss it but apparently inference doesn't register in the Canadian brain.

​​​​​​

inference.png

Let us say I will not take any advice from you that comes with the statement "I have a cunning plan".
                            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

I'm a Trump supporter. He's far from perfect, but I wasn't expected perfect. What I wanted was someone who would put the USA first, and who would work to fix the problems we face. He doesn't have to be someone I would invite into my home.

Trump delivers. He is trying to make things better.

Which is more than you say about any Democrat POTUS in the last hundred years.
                              Yep. This is what TDSers need to cram through their skulls.

It doesn't matter how loudly you whine. It doesn't matter how much you attack. It doesn't matter how much dirt you find on Trump. Get off your ass, bust your ass, and deliver. Whining doesn't make jobs. So if you want Trump out, make yourself useful and develop a better replacement. Show us a model to beat his job growth. Present a candidate that isn't so crooked that morality became a non issue because there was none to be had. Do that and you'll earn some votes.

Comment

Until the investigation is completed, all that is going on anywhere is mere speculation. On the plus side, the over two dozen indictments that have come from the investigation demonstrate that the investigation and those investigating the wrong-doers is are doing their jobs.
                                We are not now that strength which in old days
                                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X