No announcement yet.

Another White Nationalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people act like they don't know where I'm coming from when I say conservatives don't view blacks as real Americans? Do they not read their posts or do they just enjoy playing dumb...

Yes he's just one guy, but the negative attitude is still common, it just manifests itself in different ways. Btw, blacks complain about current events, not the past. This discussion being a prime example of the continued battle for something as simple as acceptance.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      Why do people act like they don't know where I'm coming from when I say conservatives don't view blacks as real Americans?
      Because conservatives are not racist. You don't post facts, you use racist blogs and video games as proof. This isn't rocket science.

History clearly shows which political group are the racist.
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

I am a Nationalist a Conservative and I am white, so that automatically makes me a Racist and a white Supremacist to some people here on the forum, dream on.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
          I am a Nationalist a Conservative and I am white, so that automatically makes me a Racist and a white Supremacist to some people here on the forum, dream on.
          Its the Nationalist part they hate. It reminds them of their own disloyalty.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Same here mate! I don't care who you are as long as you love the country and the like minded people in it. In my case England, and by extension, Great Britain & Northern Ireland... Easy as that.
            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
            All human ills he can subdue,
            Or with a bauble or medal
            Can win mans heart for you;
            And many a blessing know to stew
            To make a megloamaniac bright;
            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

These people don't understand what racism and nationalism is anymore they understand what fascism is, no wonder they can't navigate this reality, their bearings are all wrong.

Comment

Nationalism was one of the causes of War I and is not the same thing as patriotism. To equate the two is not to understand the historical problems of nationalism or being a nationalist.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

I would suggest reading through this thread and others for a better understanding of why that stigma exists. When the majority of conservatives express such views what do you expect the perception to be?
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    Nationalism was one of the causes of War I and is not the same thing as patriotism. To equate the two is not to understand the historical problems of nationalism or being a nationalist.
                    Patriots support Nationalist goals which is defending the best interests of a country Patriotism isnít a common trait amongst liberals and the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post

Patriots support Nationalist goals which is defending the best interests of a country Patriotism isnít a common trait amongst liberals and the left.
                      Really? So if someone is a Democrat and serves in the armed forces, he or she isn't a patriot? That is ridiculous as well as disingenuous.

Patriots support their country. Nationalists support their country to the exclusion and/or hurt of anyone else. That leads to discord, corruption, and war. Again, see the causes of War I.
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Really? So if someone is a Democrat and serves in the armed forces, he or she isn't a patriot? That is ridiculous as well as disingenuous.

Patriots support their country. Nationalists support their country to the exclusion and/or hurt of anyone else. That leads to discord, corruption, and war. Again, see the causes of War I.
                        Serving in the military is only part of being a Patriot political stances define more of what makes a good Patriot to a country.

Comment

Serving in the military is only part of being a Patriot political stances define more of what makes a good Patriot to a country.
                          That then clearly demonstrates that Trump and his administration are not good patriots.

Comment

Benedict Arnold served in the US military. So did Robert E Lee.

Most of the liberals thumping their chests about service are simply military bureaucrats and clerks who were drawing welfare in uniform.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Benedict Arnold served in the US military. So did Robert E Lee.

Most of the liberals thumping their chests about service are simply military bureaucrats and clerks who were drawing welfare in uniform.
                              Agreed.
                              Bowe Bergdahl served as did the murdering terrorist Major Hassan and the fellow who betrayed US secrets who underwent sex change surgery (whose name escapes me).

While I respect those who served, doing so doesn't automatically mean the person is a patriot.
                              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
                                Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Here's where it gets confusing. If one is an "American nationalist," then shouldn't one advocate for all of the US' peoples -- whether their ancestors hailed from European backgrounds, African backgrounds, Latin American backgrounds, et al? If a "white nationalist" tailors his rhetoric to appeal to Caucasian Americans only, then he's ignoring a fair share of the nation's population. So how can a "white nationalist" be an American nationalist?

And yes, I do believe that Donald Trump has tailored his rhetoric to appeal to whites by denigrating non-whites.

Trump's not referring to race. If it were the Canadians overrunning our border, selling drugs, raping, and murdering, he would say the same thing about them.
                                According to the Federal Gov't, "Latino" is a race. From an anthropological point of view, they're wrong, but really, it matters not. Trump's rhetoric clearly appeals to those who hold a bias against the darker skinned peoples. I've raised before the not insignificant quantities of narcotics that enter the US from Canada, and all I got from the "Screw the Sp*cs" crowd was a shrug of the shoulders, so I'm left to conclude that the only real difference between Canadian drugs and Mexican drugs is that the Mexican drugs come with the taint of melanin.

Originally posted by American87 View Post
                                Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                                And a pretty ugly segment of the electorate seems to enjoy that kind of rhetoric, and they don't feel shy about adding to it.

That's neither American nationalistic nor patriotic.

And that video is misleading; Trump isn't supporting anything; he's just standing there.
                                You're technically correct: Trump did not express support for that audience member who shouted "get that ni&&er out of here!" Neither, however, did Trump correct or castigate that person. Compare that to John McCain's treatment of a woman that maintained that Barack Obama was a secret Muslim.

Or Rudolph Giuliani in 1989 when he lost the NYC mayor's race to David Dinkins.

David Dinkins would go on to be NYC's first African-American mayor, and Guiliani would would beat him in the rematch four years later. During that '89 campaign, there was a lot of pressure on Giuliani to run as the "white candidate." As a matter of fact, there was similar pressure on Dinkins to run as the "black candidate." Neither succumbed. Despite the passions of their respective partisans, both Giuliani and Dinkins ran "high road" campaigns in '89. When he felt his supporters had crossed a line, like McCain in 2008, Giuliani corrected them. Trump in '16, on the other hand, remained silent, offered not a word of correction or castigation. The specific candidates cannot control the passions of their supporters, but when they behave in rude, crass, or patently offensive ways, the candidates can -- and should -- correct, scold, and castigate their partisans. Giuliani did it. McCain did it. Trump did not. That . . . . oversight on Trump's part speaks volumes. It speaks loud and clear.
                                Last edited by slick_miester; 25 Feb 19, 13:57. Reason: I can't spell. "D'oh!"
                                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X