Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
    In a motion filed Tuesday, U.S. attorneys said

Christopher Hasson, a lieutenant in the U.S. Coast Guard who has served at the service's headquarters in Washington since 2016, had a hit list of targets, a cache of guns and a series of communications with white supremacists. The first sentence in the motion imploring the court to detain Hasson pending trial: The defendant intends to murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen

in this country

(The title is just a play on a recent thread)
    Fake News! He is not a lieutenant in the USCG. He's only a seaman apprentice, a very low rank.
    I'm surprised he hold such a low rank after serving for several years.

Comment

Well, this time the guy definitely isn't a Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

They hardly ever are
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
          Fake News! He is not a lieutenant in the USCG. He's only a seaman apprentice, a very low rank.
          I don't know that this is fake news, but it is very shoddy reporting. Can't tell an E-2 from an O-3 is pretty appalling.

This strong economy makes recruiting difficult, so perhaps the CG kept him in grade for longer than normal due to a dearth of replacements. How long was he an E-2?
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            ...I don't know that this is fake news, but it is very shoddy reporting...
            I agree. I haven't seen anything yet that says he actually did something. He had weapons; he had steroids. Neither is illegal.

Comment

Didn't take long for the terrorist apologists to come out.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post

I agree. I haven't seen anything yet that says he actually did something. He had weapons; he had steroids. Neither is illegal.
                Possession of steroids -- anabolic or cortico -- without a physician's prescription is illegal. Regarding the firearms: were they properly registered for the jurisdiction in which he resided? If not, then possession of a firearm is illegal.
                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

I believe he's playing off of a thread titled "Our (USA) Unhinged Left" which was nothing more than a few sentence rant about Maxine Waters. Be mindful of the standards you set.
                  11 pages with 160+ posts and not all are about 'Muddy' Waters. You've posted there and should know better, but guess we can add liar to racism as part of your character traits ?

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

11 pages with 160+ posts and not all are about 'Muddy' Waters. You've posted there and should know better, but guess we can add liar to racism as part of your character traits ?
                    Only one person was referenced in the creation of that thread just as only one person was referenced here.

Your claims of racism just further highlights the double standards and hypocrisy of republicans. They feel justified and calling blacks dumb and lazy, that's not racist to them. But, the second you bring attention to these issues you're the one who's racist. Then you wonder why people like Rev Wright exists. If you weren't on such a high horse you'd realize that not everyone is going to continue tolerating this without speaking out, brashly.
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Might be a Coast Guard version of Nathan Phillips.....

Thanks for finding that, major difference between an Officer and an Enlisted guy that can't get promoted. I'm glad that thye caught him and I'm also glad that you corrected the false aspects of this story.
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Yeah, why does he have to be a "right wing" e xtremist? Can't he be a bald extremist? It seems to me the left digs into these guys backgrounds just to find out who they voted for. What about that Isis wife who wants to come back to the us? Is she a never-Trumper extremist or what? I know this is a politics thread, but not everything has to come down to voting record.
                        "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Didn't take long for the terrorist apologists to come out.
                          No one here posted support for his actions or terrorism.
                          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Only one person was referenced in the creation of that thread just as only one person was referenced here.

Your claims of racism just further highlights the double standards and hypocrisy of republicans. They feel justified and calling blacks dumb and lazy, that's not racist to them. But, the second you bring attention to these issues you're the one who's racist. Then you wonder why people like Rev Wright exists. If you weren't on such a high horse you'd realize that not everyone is going to continue tolerating this without speaking out, brashly.
                            "Black are dumb and lazy" is not a GOP position or a mainstream conservative position. Strawman fallacy.
                            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Only one person/subject in the opening post, but a few more other persons/examples presented before getting to the bottom of the first page. Meanwhile this thread still focuses on a single example in our nation of 360+million.

As for double standards of republicans, or conservatives*, I'll remind again that my two sons are one quarter "Hispanic"**, and their mother was the half Hispanic, but also half German(her biological mother). She was adopted by a Black couple(he was a G.I. stationed in Germany, this was late 1950s) when about five years old, so when married to her I had Black in-laws (her adoptive mom was a great Cajun cook)(they both passed on years ago). I've a two granddaughters whom are quarter Korean, and a grandson whom is quarter Japanese, and a nephew whom is quarter Sikh, so I'm inclined to think I may have more racial and ethnic diversity in my family than you do yours.

* = I consider myself more Conservative than Republican, but since the Democrats abandoned conservatism decades ago, there's only one viable political party option available.

** = A rather goofy USA Census classification, since many Spanish speakers are as "white" as other Europeans. A worked with a guy from the Philippines whom was more "Hispanic" than he was "Pacific Islander" which is how our census bureau draws that line.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

"Black are dumb and lazy" is not a GOP position or a mainstream conservative position. Strawman fallacy.
                                It is. Statistical evidence is in this thread https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...llowed-to-talk
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X