No announcement yet.

Another Attack on the First Amendment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Attack on the First Amendment?

Trump can sure dish it out, but he can't take it when it comes back to him. He needs to grow up. He has the maturity level of a 3d Grader, and that's an insult to all 3d Graders.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/humor/t...cid=spartandhp
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Free publicity for SNL

Comment

Trump doesn't care about freedom or the constitution, by extension neither do most republicans. His entire platform has revolved around limiting free speech and silencing dissenting voices. From attacks against the media, Amazon all the way to NFL players. If you don't toe the line of the dictator in chief you will be attacked.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
        Trump doesn't care about freedom or the constitution, by extension neither do most republicans. His entire platform has revolved around limiting free speech and silencing dissenting voices. From attacks against the media, Amazon all the way to NFL players. If you don't toe the line of the dictator in chief you will be attacked.

Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

When Pelosi is able to obtain a liberal majority of the Supreme Court, you won't have to worry about your First Amendment Rights. Those will belong to the "People," the group, and not the individual as intended back in the 1700s.
          https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/people
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Trump doesn't care about freedom or the constitution, by extension neither do most republicans..
            I'm not even sure that Trump can even spell "Constitution"

Your comment "By extention" is a riduculous attempt at guilt by association.
            I don't accuse all Left Wing democrats of being vile racist anti-semites (since some in your party accepts and revere Farrakhan), so your attempt to smear Republicans is disappointing.

His entire platform has revolved around limiting free speech and silencing dissenting voices.
            [quote]

?

Please link to this supposed alleged Trump platform focusing solely on restricting 1st amendment.

Trump's actual Platform:

Build the Wall
            Appoint conservative judges.
            Defend 2nd amendment.
            Dump TPP and the deal with Iran
            Renegotiate bad trade deals.
            Stop endless pointless overseas "police actions".
            Stop being taken advantage of by NATO allies.
            Reduce taxes and government regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post

I'm not even sure that Trump can even spell "Constitution"

Your comment "By extention" is a riduculous attempt at guilt by association.
              How is it ridiculous? It's more than just association, they support him. The Hillary excuse doesn't work either, because republicans nominated Trump over far more conservative and pro-freedom candidates.

I don't accuse all Left Wing democrats of being vile racist anti-semites (since some in your party accepts and revere Farrakhan), so your attempt to smear Republicans is disappointing.
              I didn't say all, I said most. It's not my party I'm not a democrat. I am a long time supporter of Ron and now Rand Paul. One of very few republicans left who actually care about the founding values of this nation.

Please link to this supposed alleged Trump platform focusing solely on restricting 1st amendment.
              I already gave you examples. You want more? When Trump said we need to shutdown parts of the internet, that would be yet another attack against the first. How about the fact that 43% of republicans want Trump to have the power to shutdown news outlets: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8481686.html

And you think it's unfair when I say that most republicans don't care about freedom? If they did, Trump would not have been the republican nominee. Freedom is not their priority.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post
                Build the Wall
                Appoint conservative judges.
                Defend 2nd amendment.
                Dump TPP and the deal with Iran
                Renegotiate bad trade deals.
                Stop endless pointless overseas "police actions".
                Stop being taken advantage of by NATO allies.
                Reduce taxes and government regulation.
                For some reason you left out repealing ObamaCare and lowering the national debt. I wonder why you forgot about those

But yes, anti-free speech is very much part of that list as well.

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The liberals are unhappy = the Bill of Rights is safe.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Saying that SNL isn't funny is now an Assault on Free Speech?

I guess the Left has to pretend to be in favor of the 1st Amendment once or twice for every hundred times they attack it, just to have that Legal disclaimer available.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Saying that SNL isn't funny is now an Assault on Free Speech?

I guess the Left has to pretend to be in favor of the 1st Amendment once or twice for every hundred times they attack it, just to have that Legal disclaimer available.
                      If only he left it at that:

"Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!"

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If only he left it at that:

"Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!"

How does saying that suppress free speech? (Hint: it doesn’t)

Were you as upset when the IRS actually did suppress conservative free speech?
                        Or is your outrage selective?

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          Trump can sure dish it out, but he can't take it when it comes back to him. He needs to grow up. He has the maturity level of a 3d Grader, and that's an insult to all 3d Graders.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/humor/t...cid=spartandhp
                          Stop insulting third graders. Trump's fine, just look at his poll numbers.
                          "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Stop insulting third graders. Trump's fine, just look at his poll numbers.
                            In the mid-30s...or do you always listen to that Fox News nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                              Saying that SNL isn't funny is now an Assault on Free Speech?.
                              Exactly!

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X