X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

Maybe you should re-watch "A few good men" to see how leaders can "suggest" without suggesting.
    Wow, you totally blew that one. You need to watch that movie again. Ordering a 'code red' as clearly shown in the movie is not a suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

Maybe you should re-watch "A few good men" to see how leaders can "suggest" without suggesting. For what it's worth, I'm sure King Henry II would agree with you.

Oh, and didn't he renew his call that the Media was the enemy of the people?

Interesting that you are ignoring what was actually said in order to pretend it was a threat.
    You need to concoct a scenario to support your theory
    Exactly what did trump say that explicitly or implicitly suggested the government was going to take action to suppress speech?

If his threat was as obvious as people claim, you wouldn't have to concoct bizarre scenarios or add words in order to support your belief. You could just point to what he said.
    But you can't.

Leave a comment:

• Anthrax
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Exactly what retribution did he suggest? (none)
    Exactly what government action did he suggest or imply? (none)

So we are back to having to imagine he said mean things.
    Maybe you should re-watch "A few good men" to see how leaders can "suggest" without suggesting. For what it's worth, I'm sure King Henry II would agree with you.

Oh, and didn't he renew his call that the Media was the enemy of the people?

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post

You can't be bothered to read the article? I gave you the paragraph. Plus I couldn't get it to copy.
    I read the article.
    You wanted me to review what you identified as the second paragraph for support for your position.
    I don't think it is my responsibility to find your argument then rebut it.
    That approach always allows you to say I read the wrong thing.

I won't bother to rebut an argument until I'm told what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Interesting article.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/17/opini...lah/index.html

SNL is comedy. Juvenile behavior by a president of the United States is something quite different. Too bad you can't tell the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateship1982
    replied
    Trump can sure dish it out, but he can't take it when it comes back to him. He needs to grow up. He has the maturity level of a 3d Grader, and that's an insult to all 3d Graders.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/humor/t...cid=spartandhp
    Careful. You can't defend SNL and attack juvenile behavior in the same sentence without being a hypocrite.

A bunch of perpetually whining leftists griping that somebody else is as whiny as they are? Meh.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied

Odd you wouldn't even bother to quote the language you believe proves me wrong.
    You can't be bothered to read the article? I gave you the paragraph. Plus I couldn't get it to copy.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied

Read it again. It appears you missed what Trump said in the second paragraph.
    Odd you wouldn't even bother to quote the language you believe proves me wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied

Read it again. It appears you missed what Trump said in the second paragraph.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    And Suggests ‘Retribution’ for NBC

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

But he said it should be looked into. So I'm asking you, who would be the ones to look into it?
    Anyone who wants to.

His statement only becomes a problem if he hints at government action.
    He did nothing of the sort. If he had, you wouldn't have to keep adding words or speculation.

He didn't say he will look into it or have his people look into it or that any government agency will look into it.
    If he had, you wouldn't keep having to pretend that he implied it.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Yes, he does and that's a 'threatened' violation against the First Amendment. Trump cannot take either valid criticism or being disagreed with. And that is a major flaw in any president.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied

How does saying that suppress free speech? (Hint: it doesn’t)

Were you as upset when the IRS actually did suppress conservative free speech?
    Or is your outrage selective?
    And Suggests ‘Retribution’ for NBC

Leave a comment:

• Johan Banér
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

But he said it should be looked into. So I'm asking you, who would be the ones to look into it?
    Vague threats are still threats. And when the President of the US is the one making them, it tends to matter as a matter of principle.

Otherwise, is everyone to just adopt to a US prez who makes empty threats that we can all ignore?

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
    You are correct that President Trump has the maturity of a 3rd grader.
    President Trump has no filter. He thinks it and then he tweets it.
    In this you are wrong.

Trump uses social media to dictate the conversation; the media reacts to his statements like a cat chasing a red laser dot.

Faced with an insanely hostile, dishonest, and partisan media, he manages to hold the initiative more often than not, forcing them to react to him.

The media never stops, listens, or thinks, they just react.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X