Junior's Ignornat Comment on Teachers and American Education

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior's Ignornat Comment on Teachers and American Education

The 'Loser' here is Junior. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Massena; 17 Feb 19, 13:22.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

How is it ignorant? The op ed writer, and that is an opinion piece, rails mostly at his temerity to challenge educators that want to spread Leftist values and ideas in classrooms.

I too am against this when it involves radical Leftist (and I'm equally opposed to radical Rightist) dogma and indoctrination like Critical Pedagogy, Social and Economic Justice, White Privilege, gender and ethnic studies, and the like. For example in what lunatic universe should math be politicized with Social and Economic justice indoctrination and dogma layered throughout it?

http://libjournal.uncg.edu/index.php...ewFile/302/263

https://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ839104

"Junior" is far more correct than wrong in his comments and the op ed writer is simply upset that her Leftist views are being challenged, "How dare he challenge the Left!"

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      How is it ignorant? The op ed writer, and that is an opinion piece, rails mostly at his temerity to challenge educators that want to spread Leftist values and ideas in classrooms.

I too am against this when it involves radical Leftist (and I'm equally opposed to radical Rightist) dogma and indoctrination like Critical Pedagogy, Social and Economic Justice, White Privilege, gender and ethnic studies, and the like. For example in what lunatic universe should math be politicized with Social and Economic justice indoctrination and dogma layered throughout it?

http://libjournal.uncg.edu/index.php...ewFile/302/263

https://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ839104

"Junior" is far more correct than wrong in his comments and the op ed writer is simply upset that her Leftist views are being challenged, "How dare he challenge the Left!"
      Attacking teachers and the US education system is ignorant and it is usually done by people who have nothing constructive to say or how to fix the shortcomings.

Or it is done by people who are guided by hearsay and know nothing of teachers, what they actually do in the classroom, or the education system. If anyone would like to learn what is actually occurring in the system read the excellent books on education by Diane Ravitch. Or, better yet, become a teacher. Good teachers, and there are many of them since I know many that are, know what they are doing, and they teach their students as they are supposed to do.

Mindless criticism from the cheap seats does no one any good, especially the students and teachers.

Regardless of what you have said, Junior is still a drut.
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Attacking teachers and the US education system is ignorant and it is usually done by people who have nothing constructive to say or how to fix the shortcomings.
        Sometimes it's warranted. I was very vocal about the now defunct "Raza Studies" program in the Tucson Unified School District (TUSD). It was nothing but a radical Leftist, often Communist, agitprop, and racist program using Critical Pedagogy. The program's leadership was using made up statistics and lying about the content. They deserved everything they got.
        One of the program's teachers got into a lengthy debate on the old Azcentral website over it. The more we went at it, the more support he lost.

Or it is done by people who are guided by hearsay and know nothing of teachers, what they actually do in the classroom, or the education system. If anyone would like to learn what is actually occurring in the system read the excellent books on education by Diane Ravitch. Or, better yet, become a teacher. Good teachers, and there are many of them since I know many that are, know what they are doing, and they teach their students as they are supposed to do.

Mindless criticism from the cheap seats does no one any good, especially the students and teachers.
        In the process of researching that program, I discovered a nationwide network of radical Leftists in education that were turning their classrooms into little more than indoctrination and propaganda machines. One need look no further than how many schools and school systems today use Critical Pedagogy and teach a radical Leftist Social and Economic Justice agenda in their classrooms to realize that there's a real problem in public education in America.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, however ill-informed it might be.

Comment

Is "ignornat" the same thing as "ignorant" ???
          Or is this some new, invented word?
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            Is "ignornat" the same thing as "ignorant" ???
            Or is this some new, invented word?
            Sorry, my error. I misspelled it.

Comment

Sorry, my error. I misspelled it.
              Blame your teacher...

Comment

I get your point, but I have to echo TA's point, leftist indoctrination has no place in the classrooms.

"If Billy builds a wall 28 feet high with 3 feet of razor wire on it, how tall a ladder does Jose need to climb over it?"

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post

I get your point, but I have to echo TA's point, leftist indoctrination has no place in the classrooms.

"If Billy builds a wall 28 feet high with 3 feet of razor wire on it, how tall a ladder does Jose need to climb over it?"
                  Students are not there to be 'indoctrinated' by the left or right. They are there to be taught the relevant subject matter-and not ideological drivel.

Comment

Students are not there to be 'indoctrinated' by the left or right. They are there to be taught the relevant subject matter-and not ideological drivel.
                    Then you and I are in agreement.

BTW, where do children learn how to parrot ignorant babble?
                    From their parents....

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post

I've actually seen lesson plans like one after the Bush - Gore election for high schoolers, "Using statistics to prove the 2000 election was stolen..." and other such drivel.

While I agree totally with this Left or Right, the threat in schools today is overwhelmingly coming from the Left.

Comment

The current system is deeply flawed, and does not serve the student body. We need a return to impartial, fact-based education that prepares the young for the work force.

Both parties have made glaring errors in the last twenty years on this issue, but the Dems are more agenda-driven.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

The education system has an obligation not only to educate, but to produce, or help to produce, a good citizen. That encompasses the 'work force' and much more besides.

Comment

Glad that you display your spelling skills in the op... What grade do you teach?
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              The current system is deeply flawed, and does not serve the student body. We need a return to impartial, fact-based education that prepares the young for the work force.

Both parties have made glaring errors in the last twenty years on this issue, but the Dems are more agenda-driven.
                              Make that Thirty Years AJR, I side with Junior here, he has a point, and it's a good one!
                              Last edited by Trung Si; 17 Feb 19, 20:05.
                              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X