Unconstitutional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unconstitutional?

Trump's plan to issue an emergency declaration when there is no emergency on the border and take money already appropriated may be unconstitutional.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Perhaps someone can point out the emergency?

It is also a dangerous precedent to set, just to get a vanity wall on the southern border.

I wonder : where is Massena gettiung the time to AND indoctrinating the students at the Deep State School AND to write all these nonsense on this forum ?
    Or,maybe these nonsense are the summary of what he is saying in his lessons .
    Whatever,the result is not brilliant if we consider the fact that someone as AOC finished her studies with a honorable mention .

Comment

Solving national crises isnít a vanity issue.
      "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

I think the term "emergency" has a rather fluid definition. Sort of like the old phrase, "Lack of proper preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." or vice-versa.
        And...I don't believe that what President Trump wants to do vis-a-vis his emergency powers is unconstitutional in any way.
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

It is not clear if or when Trump would actually declare an emergency. Republican senators have already expressed their fears that enough of them would side with Democrats on the issue that a law rescinding the emergency would clear Congress, forcing Trump to back down or veto it ó a choice that would likely lead to an attempt to override the veto. White House officials would say only that Trump is considering all his options and that he would do everything necessary to deal with the ďcrisisĒ at the border.
          https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b00ba63e4b0a53

Comment

I've been on the border in an official capacity, as I posted on this board. Its been a disaster for years. Declaring it a national emergency is about four years over-due, although I know Bordr Patrol and regional LEOs who would put at two or three times that number of years.

Funny how the snowflakes ignore the Bill of Rights in regards to anyone is Trump's administration, but suddenly find the Constitution sacred when they scramble for a way to oppose doing Americans a service.

Integrity is not a feature in their lives,
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by bill shack View Post
              ...It is not clear if or when Trump would actually declare an emergency...
              Possibly at 10:00 EST this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
                Solving national crises isnít a vanity issue.
                It isn't a national crisis. Pearl Harbor was a national crisis. 9/11 was a national crisis. Trump's imagination is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

It isn't a national crisis. Pearl Harbor was a national crisis. 9/11 was a national crisis. Trump's imagination is not.
                  I'd say compared to some of the 31 still in force today, that the southern border is a bigger national emergency than some of those previous national emergencies.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list...ry?id=60294693

Comment

"I, too, want stronger border security, including a wall in some areas. But how we do things matters. Over 1,000 pages dropped in the middle of the night and extraconstitutional executive actions are wrong, no matter which party does them." - tweeted by Rand Paul earlier today.

If Paul isn't given the chance to lead this nation it will soon be torn apart by partisan and racial bickering. All while our founding principles of limited government and effective checks and balances continue to erode.

Another interesting tweet from someone else, "Looking forward to hearing explanations about how declaring a national emergency to circumvent Congress is conservative."

As I said in the other thread, what is the difference between liberals and conservatives anymore aside from starkly different views on race and religion. It really doesn't matter who the president is as no one gives a damn about doing things the American way.

The real national emergency is our terrible budget and debt, that will destroy all of us far before any Mexicans will. But we all know what most republicans prioritize more than anything else. So here we are.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Yes they were national crises. So is the border crisis. You think itís ok to have thousands of undocumented illegals invade our country, then murder and rape our civilians. That is your opinion. In most peopleís eyes, this is considered a crisis. Youíre a full blown leftist.
                      "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Yes they were national crises. So is the border crisis. You think itís ok to have thousands of undocumented illegals invade our country, then murder and rape our civilians. That is your opinion. In most peopleís eyes, this is considered a crisis. Youíre a full blown leftist.
                        There is no invasion. Have you ever been in one? I have and it is nothing like the situation on the southern US border.

You are now speaking for 'most people.' How did you acquire to speak for anyone but yourself?

You are doing nothing here but adding to confusion and divisiveness. In point of fact, the majority of Americans oppose the wall. You can check the polling for yourself.

Trump is playing the old trick of the tail wagging the dog. He's a liar and cannot be relied upon to state anything truthfully.

He again stated lies in his speech today.

And what, pray, is a 'full blown leftist'?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/polit...ech/index.html

Comment

Trump's plan to issue an emergency declaration when there is no emergency on the border
                          The President has the statutory authority to declare an emergency in his discretion and as he sees fit, hence constitutional.

and take money already appropriated may be unconstitutional.
                          Then Congress shouldn't have given him the authority.

Care to take a stab and quote the article of the US constitution that forbids the Congress from delegating the authority to the president to declare an emergency?

Comment

Perhaps someone can point out the emergency?
                            Millions of illegal migrants in the country.
                            Thousands of people dying in the border areas every year.
                            Hundreds of thousands of criminal illegals at large in the US.
                            Hundreds of millions of dollars of dangerous narcotics crossing the border every year.

How about that?

Comment

There is no invasion. Have you ever been in one? I have and it is nothing like the situation on the southern US border.

You are now speaking for 'most people.' How did you acquire to speak for anyone but yourself?
                              OK, How about "Many People"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X