X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    NO witness an informant. Do you really think this is something new? How much did Jude's get?
    Entrapment is their stock and trade. Just remember that Comey was in this up to his chin.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Yeap, and today with the LGBTPDQRSTUV movement you too can wear a tutu to work if you want... or leather... or spandex... or apparently just about anything you want.
    You can, but no one has to take you seriously.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Hoover was a cross-dresser.
    Yeap, and today with the LGBTPDQRSTUV movement you too can wear a tutu to work if you want... or leather... or spandex... or apparently just about anything you want.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

That's okay today. They can wear whatever they want to work now...
    Hoover was a cross-dresser.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

But...are they 'dressing' the part?
    That's okay today. They can wear whatever they want to work now...

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

They're just channeling their J. Edgar Hoover...
    But...are they 'dressing' the part?

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    It is like paying the devil to sell tickets to hell

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
    For that kind of cash I wonder how many 'paid informants' would make stuff up....
    I met a CI the Feds were running back in the mid 1990s. At that time the CI was drawing $55k a year. I don't think they actually ran him in our region.

I don't know what they pay now, but I'm pretty sure it's still tax-free, and based on performance.

Not how I would choose to operate. CIs are to be used, protected, and not paid, IMO. The barter system is the best way.

Of all the CIs I've run, I never trusted a single one. CIs are like chainsaws: very useful, even essential, but you need to watch them every second they are in operation lest something go badly wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
    For that kind of cash I wonder how many 'paid informants' would make stuff up....
    That is the 64K question.
    Ask former MI6 Agent Steele who was paid a handsome fee to plant evidence

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    NO witness an informant. Do you really think this is something new? How much did Jude's get?

Leave a comment:

• SRV Ron
    replied
    Is the FBI paying for witnesses?

They most certainly are and have done so for years.

Do NOT let the Geek Squad ever do any work on your computer. There are many other repair services that are not paid informants of the FBI.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...phy/406822002/

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    The world's most credible law-enforcement arm sure ain't what it used to be.
    Neither is the FBI.

The term 'witness' is used incorrectly in the article. The FBI pays informants amazing salaries, somethiimes close to six figures, to deliver.

I am extremely dubious about the practice; I've run a lot of CIs as an officer and supervised the use of even more, and am not in favor of cash incentives. I've approved some pocket money here and there, but the overwhelming motivation has been the tried-and-true 'three for one' method: if you deliver three felony offenders to us, one of your felonies is dropped or pled down to probation.

There are variations, of course, the most common being a subject in an organization taking us a step up the ladder, but it all works out the same: first they tell us who is doing what, then they deliver the facts.There's no time for them to cruise around and set something up: they tell us about who they know, and then they go talk to them while we are listening. It keeps the target selection honest.

Having a spy on the payroll out hunting targets in return for a tax-free salary would seem to be rife with possibilities for problems.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Entrapping the occasional moron isn't the same thing as fighting Terrorism.
    However, it does seem to be easier, and probably helps with the promotion ladder.

They're just channeling their J. Edgar Hoover...

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Entrapping the occasional moron isn't the same thing as fighting Terrorism.
    However, it does seem to be easier, and probably helps with the promotion ladder.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X