Ocasio Cortez on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocasio Cortez on Amazon

In response to Amazon's announcement that it would NOT be building a new corporate HQ in NYC which was expected to bring 25,000 new jobs, the new Pride and Joy of the Democratic Party mused thusly,

“Today was the day a group of dedicated, everyday New Yorkers and their neighbors defeated Amazon’s corporate greed, its worker exploitation, and the power of the richest man in the world,”
    I just do not no where to start on the ignorance and stupidity on this statement. Exploitation of CORPORATE "workers?" I wish someone would exploit the hell out of me in this way. Oh well, maybe Detroit will get a second chance.

tuebor

Oh, link to story.. https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ters/39058223/

The far left hate all big business and don’t care that their policies in government hurts the people they say they want to help by preventing good jobs from being created.

Comment

Oc is in the wrong.

As it was Jeff Bezos in the style of the hero Henry Ford made Amazons min wage for US employees guaranteed to receive a 15$ an hour min wage. Visionaries such as Jeff Bezos are a huge net benefit to the USA. Congrats Mr Bezos for setting an example for all Americans to follow. Both some modern GOP and some Democrats stand against the legacy of the Americans leaders and common folk of WW2 whom saved the world and paved the way for every person on this board to lead free lives.
      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
        The far left hate all big business and don’t care that their policies in government hurts the people they say they want to help by preventing good jobs from being created.
        It's also important to point out how much of an abject idiot that Cortez is. I mean as stupid as stupid can be.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

It's also important to point out how much of an abject idiot that Cortez is. I mean as stupid as stupid can be.
          Female privilege takes about 15 points off her real IQ would be my guess. How many people in her life have said hey princess you don't know what you are talking about? How many times was she told to pursue something that would bring in a good income to support a family instead of what felt good?

when Alexandria was five years old, the family decided to move. Sergio bought a two-bedroom home in Yorktown Heights, a suburb in Westchester County.

Sergio Ocasio founded a company called Kirschenbaum Ocasio-Roman Pc. A Chamber of Commerce listing gives the company’s address as 1510 Archer Road, Apt TB in The Bronx, New York. That same Chamber of Commerce listing says that the business had a sales volume of 500,000 and employed six people.
          https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/sergi...ndrias-father/

Basically her dad moved their home even though it most have been less convenient than living where he worked just to give her a "class privilege".

She has a $300,000 dollar degree but was working as a bar tender? Again that sounds like someone who never learned the value of hard work but instead decided to play on her good looks to avoid taken a meaningful career path.

The idea of emotional intelligence is nothing more than laziness or intellectual deceit. Making rational arguments is just too much bother for the princess and besides it isn't the way female hierarchies are formed. Anyone who has been to high school knows that female pecking orders are based on appearances not abilities. That is not to say high verbal IQ is not useful it just means it is more likely to be applied to posturing than problem solving. You could blame the patriarchy but the evidence suggests that the choices are based as much on biology as social norms.

It is little wonder that someone brought up under these circumstances would prefer a social constructionist world view over a more nuanced nature vs nurture view. At some level they must realize that they have lived a privileged life but prefer the egocentric view that their accomplishments were despite the oppression of society. In reality she had privileges few people enjoy that had nothing to do with her efforts but were largely due to genetics. An intelligent hard working father and a beautiful mother. The disconnect with reality is a common feature of the new left. I see the same pattern with Obama who grew up in an environment that while odd was in it's own way highly privileged. That privilege must scar people who are raised in a society that has gone off the identitarian deep end. To be privileged while most of the members of your identity class are any thing but must lead to an overwhelm desire to connect to other members of your class. To alleviate the guilt and loneliness of being different what better way than to adopt a tabula rasa, neo Marxist world view.
          Last edited by wolfhnd; 14 Feb 19, 20:49.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

Female privilege takes about 15 points off her real IQ would be my guess. How many people in her life have said hey princess you don't know what you are talking about? How many times was she told to pursue something that would bring in a good income to support a family instead of what felt good?

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/sergi...ndrias-father/

Basically her dad moved their home even though it most have been less convenient than living where he worked just to give her a "class privilege".

She has a $300,000 dollar degree but was working as a bar tender? Again that sounds like someone who never learned the value of hard work but instead decided to play on her good looks to avoid taken a meaningful career path.

The idea of emotional intelligence is nothing more than laziness or intellectual deceit. Making rational arguments is just too much bother for the princess and besides it isn't the way female hierarchies are formed. Anyone who has been to high school knows that female pecking orders are based on appearances not abilities. That is not to say high verbal IQ is not useful it just means it is more likely to be applied to posturing than problem solving. You could blame the patriarchy but the evidence suggests that the choices are based as much on biology as social norms.

It is little wonder that someone brought up under these circumstances would prefer a social constructionist world view over a more nuanced nature vs nurture view. At some level they must realize that they have lived a privileged life but prefer the egocentric view that their accomplishments were despite the oppression of society. In reality she had privileges few people enjoy that had nothing to do with her efforts but were largely due to genetics. An intelligent hard working father and a beautiful mother. The disconnect with reality is a common feature of the new left. I see the same pattern with Obama who grew up in an environment that while odd was in it's own way highly privileged. That privilege must scar people who are raised in a society that has gone off the identitarian deep end. To be privileged while most of the members of your identity class are any thing but must lead to an overwhelm desire to connect to other members of your class. To alleviate the guilt and loneliness of being different what better way than to adopt a tabula rasa, neo Marxist world view.

Ocasio-Cortez is in the upper right of that area marked "Danger zone."

Comment

I don't know who's liberal or conservative anymore, I'm not sure either term means anything. It wasn't long ago that conservatives were complaining about both Amazon and WalMart.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...ges-to-workers

Trump specifically was trying to tear Amazon apart.

Now a liberal echoes the same harsh sentiments and somehow she's the only crazy one? With so much hypocrisy is there even any point in debating anything.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                I don't know who's liberal or conservative anymore, I'm not sure either term means anything. It wasn't long ago that conservatives were complaining about both Amazon and WalMart.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...ges-to-workers

Trump specifically was trying to tear Amazon apart.

Now a liberal echoes the same harsh sentiments and somehow she's the only crazy one? With so much hypocrisy is there even any point in debating anything.
                There's a difference between not wanting a monopoly and not wanting a corporation to move into your district because they're a big corporation that dislikes unions.

As I pointed out in the above referenced thread, corporations are gaming the system. They do because they can. I can't blame them for taking advantage of the stupid rules the government has in place regarding running their business. For example, a corporation that hires many low skill workers might encourage them to go on food stamps and other government assistance as a means of supplementing their low income the corporation pays.

That to me should be something the Left applauds. These are people working jobs they can work at and getting government assistance to give them a "living wage." Isn't that why the Left wants to not only keep, but expand, such welfare programs?

If Amazon did move to NYC and provide 25,000 jobs getting a $ 3 billion break in incentives, and those jobs averaged overall $50,000 apiece a year, it'd take less than three years for the payroll alone to equal those incentives ($1.25 billion a year). That means in pretty short order, NYC would be netting a positive return on their investment.
                As a parallel example, NY state built Tesla subsidiary Solar City a $750 million plant in Buffalo that the company will lease for $1 a year and pay no property taxes (about $260 million) for ten (10) years. Talk about corporate give aways… But, the Left is good with that because Tesla is one of their own.

Doesn't matter that Tesla's bonds are rated as "junk." It doesn't matter Tesla doesn't turn a profit. What matters is they are politically correct with the Left.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

There's a difference between not wanting a monopoly and not wanting a corporation to move into your district because they're a big corporation that dislikes unions.

As I pointed out in the above referenced thread, corporations are gaming the system. They do because they can. I can't blame them for taking advantage of the stupid rules the government has in place regarding running their business. For example, a corporation that hires many low skill workers might encourage them to go on food stamps and other government assistance as a means of supplementing their low income the corporation pays.

That to me should be something the Left applauds. These are people working jobs they can work at and getting government assistance to give them a "living wage." Isn't that why the Left wants to not only keep, but expand, such welfare programs?

If Amazon did move to NYC and provide 25,000 jobs getting a $ 3 billion break in incentives, and those jobs averaged overall $50,000 apiece a year, it'd take less than three years for the payroll alone to equal those incentives ($1.25 billion a year). That means in pretty short order, NYC would be netting a positive return on their investment.
                  As a parallel example, NY state built Tesla subsidiary Solar City a $750 million plant in Buffalo that the company will lease for $1 a year and pay no property taxes (about $260 million) for ten (10) years. Talk about corporate give aways… But, the Left is good with that because Tesla is one of their own.

Doesn't matter that Tesla's bonds are rated as "junk." It doesn't matter Tesla doesn't turn a profit. What matters is they are politically correct with the Left.
                  Amazon is also politically correct with the left which is why Trump tried to destroy their business.

It was the right who was complaining about the wages Amazon and WalMart pays to its employees. It was the right who argued that their businesses were too successful and they should be punished for doing well. Both liberals and conservatives have taken the side of big government in this debate.

As I said then and I'll say again now, businesses have the right to pay their employees whatever they want so long as it's above minimum wage. Welfare is a separate issue. The government does not have to wait for these companies to raise wages in order to start rolling back on our welfare programs. The only concern I have is that it can't be done overnight, you have to ween the public off of it.

I also do not believe in punishing corporations for being successful, unless they are truly the only player in town and that is not the case with either Walmart nor Amazon. This is just another example of hypocrite republicans who only pretend to be in favor of free market and small government.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Amazon is also politically correct with the left which is why Trump tried to destroy their business.

It was the right who was complaining about the wages Amazon and WalMart pays to its employees. It was the right who argued that their businesses were too successful and they should be punished for doing well. Both liberals and conservatives have taken the side of big government in this debate.

As I said then and I'll say again now, businesses have the right to pay their employees whatever they want so long as it's above minimum wage. Welfare is a separate issue. The government does not have to wait for these companies to raise wages in order to start rolling back on our welfare programs. The only concern I have is that it can't be done overnight, you have to ween the public off of it.

I also do not believe in punishing corporations for being successful, unless they are truly the only player in town and that is not the case with either Walmart nor Amazon. This is just another example of hypocrite republicans who only pretend to be in favor of free market and small government.
                    What alternate reality are you living in? The left raised plenty of noise over Wal Mart. They didn't like the way they manipulated worker hours to skirt around health care regulations. They didn't like the way they would monopolize a local economy and jack up prices. They didn't like their increasing bend toward automated cashier's.

The right was the one saying don't whine about automation when you demand workers be paid more than their worth. The right did join with the left in criticizing their monpoly strategies but that was about it. And moderate antitrust regs are right wing thought. Only libertarians want zero regs.
                    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                      Oc is in the wrong.

As it was Jeff Bezos in the style of the hero Henry Ford made Amazons min wage for US employees guaranteed to receive a 15$ an hour
                      He didn't promise $15 an hour. He promised $150k average.

Comment

Amazons min wage for employees is now 15$ an hour Nichols.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/02/amaz...employees.html

Jeff Bezos is following in a way in the footsteps of great Americans such as Henry Ford. Bezos is like Ford keep that in mind thats the important part. Jobs are not what they used to be in this country, the steel and auto jobs have been diminished. At the least to see someone like Bezos take the lead and at the least provided a company that can pay workers 15% an hr min is a positive.

Some GOP anti American type people argue against the likes of raising the Min wage, and they are defeated soundly by true American heros such as Henry Ford and today in a similar manner Jeff Bezos.

I have in the past criticized Amazon for providing poor paying jobs to Americans some whom had to be homeless. As has Tucker Carlson from Fox news criticized Amazon and the downfall of the American middle class that is continuing to this day because Nichols we do not have the types of jobs we had in the American past, the thread is on this board. But people can make quality changes as Bezos has , Amazon now provides Americans with American type jobs as opposed to low paying jobs. Walmart should look into doing what Amazon has wrt raising the min wage. In addition Bezos is the richest man in the world and could look into starting up various companies that can hire Americans with a college background and Americans without a college background while paying both fields competitively.
                        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

I don't blame Amazon for pulling out. Ocasio-Cortez is indeed an idiot and her claims of hurting New York City by Amazon is absolute nonsense.

As stated before she is about as sharp as a marble.

Apparently Mayor Blasio isn't happy with the Amazon pullout. He appeared to be shocked that Amazon wouldn't sit down and discuss the issue. Stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

I didn't think so at first, but now I am convinced that she is just plain stupid!
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Clearly Ocasio suffered from an incredible disconnect with reality. Ordinarily that wouldn't matter - America is full of people like her - but in the government she's a loose cannon, and all of America is downrange.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X