Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prosecutor Drops Abortion Charge in Queens Murder Case,

The result of NYs new abortion laws,
    As Democrats in New York last month celebrated Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s signing of a law expanding abortion rights in the state, anti-abortion campaigners predicted it would eliminate criminal penalties for violence that ends women’s pregnancies.

The debate resurfaced over the weekend after the Queens district attorney, Richard A. Brown, cited the Reproductive Health Act as the reason for dropping an abortion charge against a man who the police say fatally stabbed his former girlfriend when she was 14 weeks pregnant.

The man, Anthony Hobson, 48, was arrested and charged on Friday with second-degree murder for the Feb. 3 attack on Jennifer Irigoyen, 35.

Meris Campbell, a spokeswoman for the district attorney, said prosecutors dropped a second-degree abortion charge after learning that the Reproductive Health Act, which was signed on Jan. 22, had stripped the crime from the state penal code. The New York Post’s article about the decision roused many who are against abortion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/10/n...er-queens.html
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

This is sick. The woman decided to keep her child, the man murdered it in the womb, and he can’t be punished for it.
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
      This is sick. The woman decided to keep her child, the man murdered it in the womb, and he can’t be punished for it.
      To pro abortionist he is an iconic hero
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

And to the rest of us he is a murderous bag. And so it goes as the Law staggers along under the overwhelming burden of politics, saying much, accomplishing nothing and wasting colossal amounts of time and money i the process.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I guess your for the death penalty.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

This trope again. An individual, any individual, who refuses to acknowledge the profound difference between a child in the womb and a grown adult who consciously decides to commit acts of violence to include rape, sexual assault, child sexual assault, and/or murder is only exposing themselves as one of two things, a willful moron or a partisan political hack sold out to an agenda.
            For my wife, in treatment for pancreatic cancer. Thank you for your support.

https://www.gofundme.com/moving-moun...NPHmyoDrYlEkfE

Comment

The victim, Jennifer Irigoyen, lived, and ultimately died, within a mile of my childhood home. Come to think of it, up until three months ago, one of my coworkers lived near there, and last summer was mugged leaving a bank mere steps from this murder. Her murderer was arrested at the 104th Precinct -- a place I knew all too well. This is like an acid flashback to the mid-'80s. I'm now more than a little freaked out.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Death penalty should only be legal for the most heinous crime.

Comment

Death penalty should only be legal for the most heinous crime.
                  I use to be of the same opinion. Life, locked up, for me would be a worse sentence. Total loss of freedom and not so comfy as some prisons are now. Back to the French penal colonies such as Devils Island.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I use to be of the same opinion. Life, locked up, for me would be a worse sentence. Total loss of freedom and not so comfy as some prisons are now. Back to the French penal colonies such as Devils Island.
                    As long as the perpetrator is never allowed back on the streets I’m okay with it.
                    I do have mixed feelings about the death sentence. I have no mixed feelings when it comes to ending the life of innocents. Including infants.
                    Last edited by Urban hermit; 18 Feb 19, 15:39.

Comment

I am assuming you are suggesting that being in favor of the death penalty is inconsistent with being anti-abortion.
                      If I am wrong, I apologize.

There is a huge difference between abortion and the death penalty. The difference is so vast that people should think before they make the effort.

I will explain why the death penalty is so vastly different.

Before a person is executed the following must happen:

1) Commission of what society has deemed to be a capital (serious) crime.
                      2) A trial where the accused's rights are protected every step of the way and the accused is given a chance to present his side.
                      3) a finding by a judge or jury that the accused is guilty of the crime in question.
                      4) an automatic appeal where the appellate court hears all the arguments presented by the now convicted individual.
                      5) The chance for a further appeal to higher courts.

In abortion, none of that happens.
                      The child or fetus must accept the consequences of a decision it has no say in.

There are arguments that can be presented in support of abortion, but citing to the death penalty isn't one of them
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

In this case, I'm for the death penalty. This wasn't some robbery gone wrong, or a fight that got out of hand: this was premeditated murder, carried out with breathtaking cruelty. The victim really suffered before she expired. The perp didn't just want her dead: he wanted her mutilated, torn apart, rendered unrecognizable as a human being. He vented all of his malice on her. A guy like that, as long as he's drawing breath, is a threat to any community in which he resides, including prison. For the safety of all concerned, he needs to be put to death.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X