25 stupid Govt regulations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 stupid Govt regulations

I thought #2 was a good rule, until the reminder of all the Food Recalls was brought up.
    All those Food Regs, and yet we have all this bacteria always popping up.

And I agree about all the regs that serve no purpose other than to stuff Govt coffers with $$$$$ because they have the power to demand it.

Before you even start, Oregon's State Govt really does enforce that law, and put a man in prison for not demolishing two ponds on his own property that had been there for nearly a century. Forest Fire fighters had been using them, too, but Let It Burn may as well be a Fatwah out here.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

#20 is wrong. I remember this case. The guy built what was permitted as a "garage" and was a large structure that could house a number of vehicles. It was about 50 x 90 feet on what's called here a "horse property." That is, a one acre lot. Buildings like that are not prohibited to such properties.
    But, he didn't use it for what he claimed it was to be used for. Instead, he ran a church out of the building with upwards of 100+ attendees on most weekends. There was no parking on the lot, so most attendees parked along the streets nearby. The properties being intended for more rural use, don't have curbed streets, sidewalks, etc. This created a traffic problem that many neighbors complained to the city about.
    The city cited him for various code violations like lack of parking, improper use, installing a bathroom in the building with an illegal septic system, lack of fire exit doors, lack of commercial building requirements, zoning issues, etc. He fought the city, or ignored them, alternately for about two years before it finally became a criminal matter and he was arrested. The building was then torn down (by the owner as part of the settlement) for it's ongoing code violations.
    In this case, the guy flagrantly-- with a capital flagrantly-- ignored building and safety codes, zoning regulations, and when the city called him on it, he ignored them too. His defense was they were trampling his freedom of religion...

Comment

I've seen a lot of these lists, and seldom are they in context.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        #20 is wrong. I remember this case. ...
        Wasn't that the one in California?
        I think I remember that one too, IMHO both sides were wrong, or just plain silly.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Wasn't that the one in California?
          I think I remember that one too, IMHO both sides were wrong, or just plain silly.
          He mentioned "Phoenix."

https://www.catholicculture.org/news...?storyid=15019

https://www.worthynews.com/11639-pho...r-bible-church

https://www.rutherford.org/publicati...t_to_intervene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X