NH Bill Restricting Police Use of JUSTIFIED Deadly Force

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NH Bill Restricting Police Use of JUSTIFIED Deadly Force

This is nutz! I don't know what the politicians in NH are thinking but removing authority for justified lethal force is insane.

Every now and then I’ll say, “Color me confused.” Sometimes, though, you’ll get a simple, “What the actual f**k!?” out of me. This is one of those second times. There is no doubt that in recent years there has been a push, political and social, to demonize law enforcement officers. From mainstream media reporters and outlets very carefully editing audio and video to make it look like the officer was wrong (when the original audio/video CLEARLY showed the officer was right) to politicians who want to suck up to the criminal element or criminal sympathetic voters in their jurisdictions, the attack has been on-going since at least 2008. Now, just last week as this is written and the event is reported, some politicians in New Hampshire think it would be a good idea to further tie the hands of police officers by “removing legal authority for officers to use deadly force during arrests.” So… I say again, “What the actual f*&k?!”

https://www.officer.com/on-the-stree...d-deadly-force

Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Seems like some spin at play to create fear and hysteria over absolutely nothing. So what exactly does this bill propose to change, what's being restricted? Your biased source conveniently leaves that out and makes 0 mention as to what specifically is changing and how it would effect LEO. Instead all the article amounts to is kicking / screaming and crying to further whip up division, play victim, and also to increase clicks and ad sales.

From what I've found the bill is being introduced by republicans and is pretty inconsequential, https://legiscan.com/NH/text/HB218/id/1833526

But, continue to be led like sheep by your biased sources who have a clear agenda and axe to grind.

Cliff Notes:

Fake news.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

That bill has curious wording. No use of deadly force "during arrest". Soooo, okay when you AREN'T doing an arrest? That would be no restriction against using a weapon while under attack. So don't kill them while you're cuffing them which is par for the course anyway?

What are our leos takes on this?
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I would like to know what crime element are republican legislatures in NH playing to??? One of the safest states in the world. Complete bs being spewed by officer.com.

Why would republicans try to hamper LEO? These guys are willing to throw their own party under the bus in order to spread fake news.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Another source on the story multiple sources not fake news
          ​​​​​,
          CONCORD, N.H. —

Some members of New Hampshire law enforcement are taking a stand against legislation in Concord that would restrict their ability to use deadly force.

The bill proposed by Liberty Republicans would revoke the legal authority law enforcement officers have to use deadly force during an arrest.
          https://www.wmur.com/article/nh-bill...rrest/25843338

Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            Another source on the story multiple sources not fake news
            ​​​​​,
            CONCORD, N.H. —

Some members of New Hampshire law enforcement are taking a stand against legislation in Concord that would restrict their ability to use deadly force.

The bill proposed by Liberty Republicans would revoke the legal authority law enforcement officers have to use deadly force during an arrest.
            https://www.wmur.com/article/nh-bill...rrest/25843338

I saw that article too, again it's absent of any remote explanation. Do you just believe whatever is told to you, with no supporting evidence present?

Tell me, does this sound like a restriction:

(2) [He] The officer had made reasonable efforts to advise the person that he or she is a law enforcement officer [attempting to effect an arrest] and has reasonable grounds to believe that the person is aware of these facts.

Words in [] are being removed.
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Essentially they can't use deadly force to arrest someone unless the officer is trying to defend himself or the general public, or prevent an escape. With that cops complain that they're no longer able to do their job. So what does that tell you about how they want to go about doing their job in the first place?
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's a 'posture bill': one proposed simply to make those footing it as doing something when they know in fact that it won't pass.

The use of force in the USA, by anyone, is controlled by precedents set by the USSC. Even if they passed it, it would not be enforceable.

Not to mention I don't recall deadly force being used to effect an arrest since Tennessee vr Gardner; it is used to safeguard the officer's life and/or the safety of bystanders.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

It looked to me as though the language of the original RSA need to be updated to include female LEOs
                  ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                  IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

I saw that article too, again it's absent of any remote explanation. Do you just believe whatever is told to you, with no supporting evidence present?

Tell me, does this sound like a restriction:

(2) [He] The officer had made reasonable efforts to advise the person that he or she is a law enforcement officer [attempting to effect an arrest] and has reasonable grounds to believe that the person is aware of these facts.

Words in [] are being removed.
                    If the legislature of the state of N. H. does have such a bill being debated then it is not a manufactured story, aka fake news.

Comment

If the legislature of the state of N. H. does have such a bill being debated then it is not a manufactured story, aka fake news.
                      It is fake news because they're using a harmless bill introduced by republicans to manipulate the public into thinking that they're yet again the victims. But, that's not the case, they're lying, this bill does not prohibit them from effectively doing their job.

They're scoring political points, and doing so by misleading the public, that's all this is.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It is fake news because they're using a harmless bill introduced by republicans to manipulate the public into thinking that they're yet again the victims. But, that's not the case, they're lying, this bill does not prohibit them from effectively doing their job.

They're scoring political points, and doing so by misleading the public, that's all this is.
                        We get it, you don’t like cops or Republicans so this is like a trifecta

Comment

We get it, you don’t like cops or Republicans so this is like a trifecta
                          Because I told the truth about them lying that means I don't like them? If I'm wrong then certainly you can offer more than just an ad hominem.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Because I told the truth about them lying that means I don't like them? If I'm wrong then certainly you can offer more than just an ad hominem.
                            You don't like them, and you say so at every opportunity. Do you not recognize and accept the truth when it involves you? Or are your standards (I use the term loosely) only applicable to others?
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You don't like them, and you say so at every opportunity. Do you not recognize and accept the truth when it involves you? Or are your standards (I use the term loosely) only applicable to others?
                              You guys have a habit of completely fabricating false claims. Your entire agenda is based on lies and manipulation which is why it's no surprise that this fake story is being spread. Show me one quote where I've said I don't like cops. You won't be able to do it because it was never said, you're a complete liar.
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X