Thread to discuss those that oppose the Beautiful ideals of The USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post

I don't care at all for this person, but how is a 'high tax' on wealthy Americans 'anti-American'? She isn't the first person to want to implement it and during the Eisenhhower administration the tax on wealthy Americans was high. Are you going to now state that Eisenhower was 'anti-American'?

Ocasio-Cortez should be opposed for myriad valid reasons, but stating that a high tax on wealthy people is 'unAmerican' is nonsense. It may be stupid, unnecessary, and radical, but it isn't 'un-American' as it has been done before.

Perhaps you can define what you mean by 'unAmerican'/'anti-American'?
    I would ask for the numbers on Eisenhower.

Yes I feel that high taxation is theft, its unacceptable. Americans of all stripes work hard to get to where they are, and to take 70% of their income, whether its GOP or Democratic approved is unacceptable and inhumane.

If you ask me, Anti Americans are those that oppose common sense and equality among man.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
      The high tax rate on upper brackets began in the FDR administration- these were eventually lowered to the rates we have today.

This is not a history forum, I know
      I do not agree with everything FDR did. That said its interesting that Henry Ford remained one of the richest men in the world through WW2.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
        The high tax rate on upper brackets began in the FDR administration- these were eventually lowered to the rates we have today.

This is not a history forum, I know
        Take a look at this my friend,

The Federal Income Tax in the 1940s and 1950s

In terms of the federal income tax, rather than paying the full 90%, the top effective federal income tax rate was closer to 40% – 60% on average in the 1940s and 50s (the effective rate being what the highest earners actually pay in federal income taxes after deductions and with marginal brackets considered). Meanwhile, the average worker would have paid around 20% and many low wage workers paid less in this same time.

This can be understood by realizing that there were over 20 tax brackets in the 1940s and 50s that ranged from about 20% for the lowest bracket and 90% at the top (see how marginal tax brackets work in a “progressive tax system;” essentially a person pays the bracket rate on every dollar within a given bracket and those rates get higher as people earn more).

http://factmyth.com/factoids/the-top...rcent-or-more/

Still a bit to high but not as bad as the naysayers make it out to be

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me. - John 14:6 RSVCE

"RSVCE" stands for "Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition."

Or perhaps you require reacquaintence with the Nicene Creed.

All Chalcedonian Christians -- which includes most Protestant and Orthodox Christians, as well as all Roman Catholics -- believe as articles of faith that all men are conceived in sin, and that there is only one Redeemer, Jesus of Nazareth. Jews don't hold Jesus of Nazareth to be moshiach, -- the Messiah, Christ. Hindus and Buddhists don't believe in Original Sin, therefore they don't seek Redemption. So yes, it is a central tenet of mainstream Christian faith that those who do not believe Jesus of Nazareth to be the Redeemer can not achieve Everlasting Life. (John 3:16)

You have grossly misrepresented Roman Catholic teachings. I'm at a loss to understand how. Didn't they tech you any of this in CCD? You've at least taken Communion, haven't you?
          I am more proud then anything to be a Catholic. Yes I have been Baptized and Confirmed into the Catholic Church. A Church that represents the majority of all Christians. Its The Catholic Church which stands out for respecting freedom. Numerous world issues see the Church leading the way including in standing for LGBT people.

Pope Francis assures atheists: You dont have to believe in God to go to heaven

https://charterforcompassion.org/und...o-go-to-heaven

The Church and non-Christians

839 "Those who have not yet received the Gospel are related to the People of God in various ways."325

The relationship of the Church with the Jewish People. When she delves into her own mystery, the Church, the People of God in the New Covenant, discovers her link with the Jewish People,326 "the first to hear the Word of God."327 The Jewish faith, unlike other non-Christian religions, is already a response to God's revelation in the Old Covenant. To the Jews "belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ",328 "for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable."329

840 And when one considers the future, God's People of the Old Covenant and the new People of God tend towards similar goals: expectation of the coming (or the return) of the Messiah. But one awaits the return of the Messiah who died and rose from the dead and is recognized as Lord and Son of God; the other awaits the coming of a Messiah, whose features remain hidden till the end of time; and the latter waiting is accompanied by the drama of not knowing or of misunderstanding Christ Jesus.

841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."330

842 The Church's bond with non-Christian religions is in the first place the common origin and end of the human race:

All nations form but one community. This is so because all stem from the one stock which God created to people the entire earth, and also because all share a common destiny, namely God. His providence, evident goodness, and saving designs extend to all against the day when the elect are gathered together in the holy city. . .331

843 The Catholic Church recognizes in other religions that search, among shadows and images, for the God who is unknown yet near since he gives life and breath and all things and wants all men to be saved. Thus, the Church considers all goodness and truth found in these religions as "a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life."332

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_cs...m/p123a9p3.htm

Its all good my friend. Freedom always wins.

The Catholic Church proudly opposes the views of David Duke, Ben Shapiro, OC, and Pastor Jeffress

George S Patton

Comment

^ Let me know when the Vatican amends the Nicene Creed. When they do that, it'll actually mean something. Until then, all the quotes you've produced are just hot air.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

I am more proud then anything to be a Catholic. Yes I have been Baptized and Confirmed into the Catholic Church. A Church that represents the majority of all Christians. Its The Catholic Church which stands out for respecting freedom. Numerous world issues see the Church leading the way including in standing for LGBT people.

https://charterforcompassion.org/und...o-go-to-heaven

The Church and non-Christians

839 "Those who have not yet received the Gospel are related to the People of God in various ways."325

The relationship of the Church with the Jewish People. When she delves into her own mystery, the Church, the People of God in the New Covenant, discovers her link with the Jewish People,326 "the first to hear the Word of God."327 The Jewish faith, unlike other non-Christian religions, is already a response to God's revelation in the Old Covenant. To the Jews "belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ",328 "for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable."329

840 And when one considers the future, God's People of the Old Covenant and the new People of God tend towards similar goals: expectation of the coming (or the return) of the Messiah. But one awaits the return of the Messiah who died and rose from the dead and is recognized as Lord and Son of God; the other awaits the coming of a Messiah, whose features remain hidden till the end of time; and the latter waiting is accompanied by the drama of not knowing or of misunderstanding Christ Jesus.

841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."330

842 The Church's bond with non-Christian religions is in the first place the common origin and end of the human race:

All nations form but one community. This is so because all stem from the one stock which God created to people the entire earth, and also because all share a common destiny, namely God. His providence, evident goodness, and saving designs extend to all against the day when the elect are gathered together in the holy city. . .331

843 The Catholic Church recognizes in other religions that search, among shadows and images, for the God who is unknown yet near since he gives life and breath and all things and wants all men to be saved. Thus, the Church considers all goodness and truth found in these religions as "a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life."332

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_cs...m/p123a9p3.htm

Its all good my friend. Freedom always wins.

The Catholic Church proudly opposes the views of David Duke, Ben Shapiro, OC, and Pastor Jeffress
              Freedom always win ??? The most stupid thing I ever heard .For the great majority of the habitants of this planet, freedom is a luxury they can't afford and they eagerly exchange for something that is thousand times more important= food .

Comment

Then what's the point of organized religion? Or, for that matter the Catholic church? If the above is taken as accurate, then these are essentially meaningless in terms of their religious properties.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Then what's the point of organized religion? Or, for that matter the Catholic church? If the above is taken as accurate, then these are essentially meaningless in terms of their religious properties.
                  Each religion has its differences. I was providing the Catholic viewpoint. The Church is Led by The Pope, other religions do not have such a leadership structure. Through history Popes have voiced differing thoughts and opinions..The Last Pope Benedict was more conservative compared to Francis.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

RRC is that biggest and oldest ponzi scheme in history. How much is that church worth? Where did the money come from? What would Christ say about the Church that claims to be direct followers of the Apostles.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Each religion has its differences. I was providing the Catholic viewpoint. The Church is Led by The Pope, other religions do not have such a leadership structure. Through history Popes have voiced differing thoughts and opinions..The Last Pope Benedict was more conservative compared to Francis.
                      But if the Pontiff says something that directly contradicts The Word of the Redeemer as quoted in the Gospels as well as the Roman Catholic Church's central statement of faith recited by all worshipers as they partake in the Eucharist, then there's a conflict. How should this conflict be resolved, by referring to the current Bishop of Rome's offhand comments -- or by relying on 1,600 year old official Church doctrine, reaffirmed daily ever since?

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Freedom always win ??? The most stupid thing I ever heard .For the great majority of the habitants of this planet, freedom is a luxury they can't afford and they eagerly exchange for something that is thousand times more important= food .
                        Don't waste your time. He is not Catholic, and he is misquoting or deliberately misrepresenting a great number of articles of the Catholic faith. He has in the past advocated heretical viewpoints.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Don't waste your time. He is not Catholic, and he is misquoting or deliberately misrepresenting a great number of articles of the Catholic faith. He has in the past advocated heretical viewpoints.
                          Absolutely. When someone catches you with your doctrine hanging out, always accuse them of heresy to divert attention. How are you coming with punishing and removing those pedophiles?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X