No announcement yet.

The Green Agenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move to Chicago, get a $1,000 a month free for living there.

https://abc7chicago.com/5127392/

Like bit coins without protected encryption, Democrats want to fabricate money with the press of a keystroke.
    ďBreaking News,Ē

ďSomething irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.Ē

Comment

Democrats should run on, not necessarily this deal, but a green deal that will attract voters from both sides who care about the environment and sustainability. They need to stop the Trump bashing 24/7. Sure, if he does or say something that calls for it but not every waking minute of their life.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
        Democrats should run on, not necessarily this deal, but a green deal that will attract voters from both sides who care about the environment and sustainability. They need to stop the Trump bashing 24/7. Sure, if he does or say something that calls for it but not every waking minute of their life.
        The problem with that, Nikki, is that so far the Green Agenda has run counter to the way most people live, and adequate replacement systems are not waiting to come on line. Adding to that is that the Dems don't care how many Americans suffer from their legislation, because they won't be suffering with them.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by OJsDad View Post
          Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal offers 'economic security' for those 'unwilling to work'

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/07/ocas...g-to-work.html
          You can see what happens when this is tried for real. Finland actually tried it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=spartanntp

The results of this experiment in Finland were that it didn't increase employment but it did make those receiving this "benefit" happier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The problem with that, Nikki, is that so far the Green Agenda has run counter to the way most people live, and adequate replacement systems are not waiting to come on line. Adding to that is that the Dems don't care how many Americans suffer from their legislation, because they won't be suffering with them.
            There should be a way without being so intrusive and disrupt our lives.

It comes natural for me to recycle and conserve energy. I compost most of my waste. I own a Chevy Volt and a Toyota Highlander Hybrid but I take public transit to work. My conscience is clear because I'm already doing my part.

Comment

There should be a way without being so intrusive and disrupt our lives...
              But that is how they reward themselves for saving the world by re-arraging the lives of all of us, don't ya' know?

Its all about the endorphin rush, the thrill of controlling other people right down to the way we are allowed to think. They tell us what our wants and needs ought to be, after all, they deserve something for all that thinking and pushing and nagging they do.... it is a 24/7 job after all.

Imagine a whole Legion of nagging old biddies, and it all becomes clear.
              Or better yet, look at Carrie Nation and the Temperance Movement that lead to Prohibition.
              One blazing success leads to another, right?
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Therein lies the rub. The Left expects you to live like they want you to. It doesn't matter if what they want is totally useless to you, costs you massively, disrupts your life entirely. They know they're correct, and there's no argument you can make that will change their delusional views.

It doesn't matter a hoot them that solar and wind are grossly expensive ways to make electricity. A battery car might be useless to you, but by god you'll own one if you want a car because the planet must be saved. Doesn't matter what you say, know, or think about other energy systems, particularly nuclear. They are not going to happen.
                Do you for a second think that that (word starting in R meaning a person of diminished mental capacity) Ocasio-Cortez has even the slightest clue how a nuclear reactor works? For her, electricity is this magical substance that comes from a socket on the wall...
                Yet, this oblivious, scientific illiterate, and mental midget is in a position of power that could destroy your life.

When she speaks all I hear is this:

Comment

It comes natural for me to recycle and conserve energy. I compost most of my waste. I own a Chevy Volt and a Toyota Highlander Hybrid but I take public transit to work. My conscience is clear because I'm already doing my part.

When I see ideas like the GND, I come away even more certain that the people who are pushing these programs donít believe global warming is an issue.
                  If they were genuinely concerned about the impact of global warming, the proposals to combat it would focus on that problem.Instead, they use their proposals as a vehicle to enact an agenda of wealth redistribution and government control of the economy.

If you are diagnosed with a terminal form of cancer, you focus your treatment on curing that cancer. You donít focus your treatment on learning a new language or other things that will have no impact on your disease. The GND puts so much focus on things unrelated to the alleged problem, it is clear that they arenít serious.

As with Obamacare, this proposal is more about control than it is about actually fixing a problem.
                  Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

You are, but many Americans cannot afford to do that or are unable, ad the vast majority simply don;'t care. The entire welfare population, for example is not bout to make the effort. Rural folks like farmers and ranchers have no practical use for electric vehicles; a pickup truck is an essential tool, one with a sufficient horsepower to handle heavy tasks. Your electric vehicle relies on lithium ion batteries, a serious environmental hazard, and electricity which has to be generated somewhere using depletable resources. You're staving of the inevitable for a while longer, but not improving the situation.

Public transportation in America is a bad joke compared to Europe, and not available at all to major portions of city populations. Even when available, the trips are far too long to be useful for either work or the necessary shopping for most people living in suburbs. Denver, for example is the National Geographic poster child for uncontrolled urban sprawl, and i's expensive light rail system is only available to a few.

The rich, OTH, don't care. Conservation is not even in their vocabulary.

Even those who claim to be 'green' here in places like Boulder, Colorado, use lights, heat and fuel just as the rest of us do, despite their hemp clothing and their claim to only use 'renewable resources'.

There are ways, but we will have to erase everything we have and start over again, something we are not willing to do.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Mmm
                      Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

When I see ideas like the GND, I come away even more certain that the people who are pushing these programs donít believe global warming is an issue.
                      If they were genuinely concerned about the impact of global warming, the proposals to combat it would focus on that problem.Instead, they use their proposals as a vehicle to enact an agenda of wealth redistribution and government control of the economy.

If you are diagnosed with a terminal form of cancer, you focus your treatment on curing that cancer. You donít focus your treatment on learning a new language or other things that will have no impact on your disease. The GND puts so much focus on things unrelated to the alleged problem, it is clear that they arenít serious.

As with Obamacare, this proposal is more about control than it is about actually fixing a problem.
                      You nailed it. Environmentalism has become an industry. I recall reading a recent Forbes report showing 11 of the biggest enviro groups have a combined revenue of approx $2 billion and billions more in assets. Every group have their hands in the green cookie jar, one way or another.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X