Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you could do in the 1980s... and can't now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

We're seeing more an more of that here in Colorado, too. People who are wearing expensive athletic shoes, good quality clothing for the weather and have a decent vehicle parked nearby, and often have a cellphone, but are out there daily begging alongside the road, and in the Walmart parking lot until Walmart put a stop to it.

I counter it with my own hand-made sign which I hold up to the window in response to theirs. Mine says:

JUST BARELY KEEPING UP MYSELF.
    Throw a handful of change into the middle of the intersection and shout "Go play in traffic!"

Comment

We're seeing more an more of that here in Colorado, too. People who are wearing expensive athletic shoes, good quality clothing for the weather and have a decent vehicle parked nearby, and often have a cellphone, but are out there daily begging alongside the road, and in the Walmart parking lot until Walmart put a stop to it.
      - emphasis mine

I find the new sneakers to be a common tip-off that these guys aren't as hard-up as they're making.

Though there's one guy 'round here who plays homeless to the hilt.

If nothing else, you've got to respect his commitment to the method school of acting.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Throw a handful of change into the middle of the intersection and shout "Go play in traffic!"
      Bums won't take change: coins are not accepted by drug dealers and liquor stores -- hence the piles of pennies seen throughout Manhattan.
      Last edited by slick_miester; 08 Feb 19, 15:45.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I would, but why encourage them?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Your words.

Since conversing with you is way less interesting than a colonoscopy, you may go your ignorant and bigoted way all by yourself. Life is too short for me to waste it on people like you.
          What a pathetic response, but I expected no less. I said that I was aware of things starting in the 70's, but nice creative quoting anyways. How I am a bigot? I probably have a better feel of the US in the last 50 years than you have. IIRC, you were raised an army brat and then enlisted. Most of your time (according to your posts) was spent in Europe. Anytime stateside was spent in insular army base communities. Once you retired from the military, you moved to a small town in the mountains and worked in a prison. The past 10+ years you've been retired and almost never leave home. You live your life through ACG and the internet. All you complain about is how little your military pension is, while ignoring that you also get SS and probably a prison-related pension, also. You have no interaction face-to-face with actual human beings. As far as the colonoscopy comment, all I can say is that you need to find a new gastro or proctologist since you're suffering from a chronic case of cranial rectosis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X