What should President Trump say in his SOTU Address Tonight 2/5/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should President Trump say in his SOTU Address Tonight 2/5/2019

What do folks here at ACG want to hear from the POTUS tonight?

I feel that the State of the Union address can be a time to showcase American strength. Now here in 2019 The world is not at war. The USA is very safe here in 2019. Our enemies today are mostly bigoted opinions we see on the internet. Other countries are not so safe in 2019 some are in a state of war and some countries of the world are very very poor failed states. It is important that the USA maintains its strength and it is vital that the US leadership projects itself in a positive manner to the world.

There was a time when The free and civil world was under threat... this was WW2. And during WW2, The POTUS still was to make his State of the Union Address. It was on Jan 11th 1944 when FDR delivered his State of the Union address. Here are some of the points from FDRs SOTU on Jan 11 1944,

During Roosevelt's January 11, 1944 message to the Congress on the State of the Union, he said the following:[2]
    It is our duty now to begin to lay the plans and determine the strategy for the winning of a lasting peace and the establishment of an American standard of living higher than ever before known. We cannot be content, no matter how high that general standard of living may be, if some fraction of our people—whether it be one-third or one-fifth or one-tenth—is ill-fed, ill-clothed, ill-housed, and insecure.

This Republic had its beginning, and grew to its present strength, under the protection of certain inalienable political rights—among them the right of free speech, free press, free worship, trial by jury, freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures. They were our rights to life and liberty.

As our nation has grown in size and stature, however—as our industrial economy expanded—these political rights proved inadequate to assure us equality in the pursuit of happiness.

We have come to a clear realization of the fact that true individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. "Necessitous men are not free men."[3] People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made.

In our day these economic truths have become accepted as self-evident. We have accepted, so to speak, a second Bill of Rights under which a new basis of security and prosperity can be established for all—regardless of station, race, or creed.

Among these are:

All of these rights spell security. And after this war is won we must be prepared to move forward, in the implementation of these rights, to new goals of human happiness and well-being.

America's own rightful place in the world depends in large part upon how fully these and similar rights have been carried into practice for all our citizens. For unless there is security here at home there cannot be lasting peace in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Bill_of_Rights

This is clearly the type of leadership to learn from. Trump should try and follow in the footsteps of FDR. Trump talks alot about steel jobs, its good to talk thats a start but the country actually needs huge numbers of steel jobs. It was under FDR that the highest # of jobs were created by a POTUS in the history of the USA. In the 1940s and 1950s millions upon millions of middle class jobs were to be had.
    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 05 Feb 19, 08:13.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Just tell the truth.

Comparing today with the jobs available during the WWII and immediate post-war period is deceptive and false. There is no valid comparison whatsoever.

FDR had Congress and the entire nation behind him. Again,false and deceptive and nowhere near the conditions of today.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
      ...What do folks here at ACG want to hear from the POTUS tonight?...
      "I shall not seek, and will not accept, the nomination of my party for a second term as your president."

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Just tell the truth.
        Trump doesn't do that. He'd rather lie which is usual for him.

We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post

"I shall not seek, and will not accept, the nomination of my party for a second term as your president."

We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Wow..three entries to produce some TDS.

Which Democratic incompetent do you want?

Comment

Here's what he should talk about:
              https://www.facebook.com/12722591065...4247864284724/
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Earth to IIIcorps...still waiting for your words of wisdom. Which corrupt, incompetent Dimocrat do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Just tell the truth.

Comparing today with the jobs available during the WWII and immediate post-war period is deceptive and false. There is no valid comparison whatsoever.

FDR had Congress and the entire nation behind him. Again,false and deceptive and nowhere near the conditions of today.
                  It is incumbent upon US leadership to bring the good jobs back. Where there is a will there is a way. Its the greedy politicians trying to convince good folk that we can not bring back the American middle class to the level it was once at. It starts with US gov state and federal to give huge loans or similar to American Steel and Auto companies, that can be a way forward. We do not need the NYS gov giving away 1 billion dollars to Tesla a company that does not have a Union, a company that does not pay its workers what the American men and women used to make at Ford, GM, Bethlehem Steel and Republic steel in the 1980s and 1990s.

Its unacceptable what is occurring in modern America, even Tucker Carlson from fox News totally agrees he has said the American middle class is not what it used to be. Yet there has been some progress, the richest man in the world from Amazon, Jeff Bezos, agreed to significantly raise the wages for his low paid workers to 15$ an hour. That reminds us of Henry Ford and how Ford in the 1920s provided love and happiness to millions of Americans of all backgrounds through good paying jobs. What the USA needs today are a few Henry Fords.

If you build it the Jobs will come. The US needs the right leaders and common people like we had during WW2 to add on to current factories or just to build up new ones.

The wall idea between Mexico and the USA is a smoke screen.The so called social issues in 2019 USA are a smoke screen.

The greatest threat to The USA is a bad economy, poverty and depression. These ills can be fought against if the proper Americans are in power and also the common man needs to step up like they did during WW2 as well as the times of US history when our ancestors literally had to fight for improved workers rights.

George S Patton

Comment

Wow I did not see that one coming. I hear you I talk with many Americans whom say they are fed up with Trump. I want to give Trump a chance though

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      Yes Trump should discuss the economy. Its going to take alot of work to get our country back to the glory days which occurred because of FDR whom under FDR millions upon millions of Jobs were created.

While the USA is not a Third world country, we do not have the jobs we used to have. The USA has been struggling for some years and since then no one US leader or group of leaders have done the work to get our country back to its glory days. Some have talked the talk, but they have not walked the walk.

Under FDR, the greatest Democrat and greatest American to ever live, the most jobs were created compared to any other time in US history. Even Ronald Reagan greatly loved FDR, it makes total sense for Trump to tonight actually invoke the name of FDR.

George S Patton

Comment

I think Trump should definitely hammer the Democrats on the economy. He should point out how much better it's doing sans their regulatory overkill, massive taxation, and revamping of old trade agreements.

Then he should point out the issue of illegal immigration, to include a direct insult for inviting an illegal immigrant to the speech, saying it's a direct affront to legal immigrants and Americans to have done so. Then he should ask, "Is this the true face of the Democrat party on immigration?"

Maybe he should resurrect that line from Reagan. The scarcest words in the world are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help..."

If I were him I'd stick the white hot poker into the Progressive agenda's posterior with all the force I could. The visual results on Democrat faces would be priceless.

This isn't reliving the glory days of America but rather baldly and boldly making an absolute affront to Leftist politics.

Comment

CBS at 9PM, The BS starts from the commentators with the male reporter sounding like he is gasping for air and the female harping on the border wall funding before the actual speech. Turned the media cBS off unless I can find a less bias network. ABC seems to be better. Ended up switching to Fox.
                          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

This is amazing. D Day vets AND Buzz Aldrin. And Melania.
                            "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Economic BOOM
                              "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X