Trump Supporters Mock Native American Marchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Are you denying it exist? Or just arguing that 2 wrongs make a right?
    Nope. Rather that like you, Obama did what he could to keep the divide going and growing...

Comment

Asking what Trump supporters have against Natives, is not speaking for natives.
      1) You fail to show that "trump supporters" have anything against "natives" while implying that a small group represents all (as usual) ...
      2) Incorrectly placing this hostile and obnoxious "native" as a "victim" and typical of his ethnic/race sure suggests you are speaking for "natives" (as does your many later posts here).

Comment

• Facial expressions and hats as evidence of wrongdoing are 'Facecrimes' straight out of "1984"

Want to know the real reason the mainstream media jumped on the chances to vilify some teenagers in MAGA hats? They are scared. Their time is near its end. They see an entire generation just like Nick Sandmann. Kids who are sick of the trickery. Who are tired of being called racist. They have watched their older siblings return from college brain-washed. Some of their parents have lost their mind.

There's a great aside in an article by Red State:
        As an aside, I find it amusing and revealing that the people making the 'toxic masculinity' argument apparently never considered the aggressive action by Phillips as being anything other than manly behavior which sort of shows that toxic masculinity, in SJW-speak, is the exclusive province of white men.
        Phillips has come and blamed Nick Sandmann for "stealing his narrative." He literally said the words "stole my narrative."

CNN political analyst and USA Today columnist Kirsten Powers has come out and accused the boys of using hand signals that are actually references to the "n-word."

Never mind the fact that the Black Hebrews literally used the word, insulting one of the students from Covington. What we have is thought-crime based on a facial expression. Well, and his skin color and his red hat.

Twitter is doing the same thing. Their Terms of Service seemed to be put on pause for all of this. For some reason they're more concerned with the mis-gendering of transgender people (which is a bannable offense) than with the doxxing and violence and death threats that were leveled against students from Covington.

It's getting hard to keep track of all the blue-check marks who called for the death of these kids. And all of them are still on Twitter. No bans. No suspensions.
        https://www.glennbeck.com/glenn-beck...ht-out-of-1984

Comment

• The circus continues ...

NOW Nathan Phillips Wants To Meet With Covington Teens He Smeared For ‘The Teaching Of Tolerance’
          As recently as Monday, Native American protester Nathan Phillips was refusing to meet with Covington Catholic students as he continued to smear them with help from left-wing media outlets.

At that time, Cincinnati restauranteur Jeff Ruby offered to pay to fly Phillips – first-class – to his restaurant to “break bread and make amends” with the high school boys the protester had previously called “beasts.”

"It's not the right time," Phillips told the Cincinnati Enquirer. "I might consider it at some point. There'd have to be certain assurances in place, give and take, and understanding."

That has now changed, as has Phillips’ account of what happened last Friday when he confronted a group of high-school boys.

The Omaha Nation elder now wants a “teachable moment” with the students, according to a press release from the Lakota People’s Law Project.

“Race relations in this country and around the world have reached a boiling point,” Phillips said. “It is sad that on the weekend of a holiday when we celebrate the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., racial hostility occurred on the steps of the Lincoln memorial, where King gave his ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.”

The press release describes Phillips time in the spotlight as “sudden and unwanted fame after a YouTube video went viral showing him being mocked by a group of Catholic high school students wearing MAGA ('Make America Great Again') hats while he was singing a traditional Native song at the conclusion of the Indigenous Peoples March at the Lincoln Memorial on Friday.”

That’s not exactly what happened. The Catholic students were being harassed by a group of Black Hebrew Israelites who were shouting racial and anti-gay slurs, according to video recordings of the incident. The students began drowning out the slurs with school spirit songs. Phillips and his group then approached the high school boys while singing and banging drums, and walked right up to one. Phillips began banging his drum mere inches from a 16-year-old’s face.

The press release goes on to suggest Phillips meet with the students to “have a dialog about cultural appropriation, racism, and the importance of listening to and respecting diverse cultures.”

This is the same Nathan Phillips who called the boys a “lynch mob” and “beasts” and attempted to disrupt a Saturday evening mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.
          https://www.dailywire.com/news/42563...-he-ashe-schow

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            1) You fail to show that "trump supporters" have anything against "natives" while implying that a small group represents all (as usual)
            This confrontation was shocking to me because it was the first time I've seen Trump supporters direct any sort of ire towards natives. If this was someone black, hispanic or Muslim that they were having a stand-off with, then it wouldn't have been news worthy, for me, as that would have been par for the course.

The fact that it was a native made it highly unusual and surprising. Thus posing the question, what do they have against them? If this is not representative of all Trump supporters and you do not view them in the negative way you view blacks for example, then you can certainly provide the appropriate answer to my question.

2) Incorrectly placing this hostile and obnoxious "native" as a "victim" and typical of his ethnic/race sure suggests you are speaking for "natives" (as does your many later posts here).
            Then tell me what opinion of mine have I assigned to all natives? Where have I told you what natives think? Provide the quotes for proof or you're yet again just fabricating allegations as you always do. It's all you ever have.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Nope. Rather that like you, Obama did what he could to keep the divide going and growing...
              As I noted earlier, speaking on racial issues is taboo for the right, so I do not disagree that Obama has widened the divide while Trump is just driving the final nail in the coffin.

So I assume all you have to offer is a two wrongs make one right argument, since that's all you have presented.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

By saying in one sentence that it's the liberal left that thinks talking about race is taboo, then in another sentence saying that the left should stop talking about race and instead see everyone as humans. That is a contradiction that anyone who's not an idiot would be able to pick up on.

There are two contradictions present there.

1. You say it's taboo for the left to talk about race, then claim the left makes everything about race. It can't be taboo for the left if they're constantly talking about it.
                2. You say you don't mind talking about race, but we should stop talking about race and view everyone as humans.
                1. It is taboo for the left to talk about race, except if it involves whites. A perfect example of this mentality is you; it has been proven without a doubt that the kids were innocent, "recon ranger" was clearly the aggressor. Yet you don't want to talk about his actions, you only want to punch some kid in the face.

2. Again, you are posting another lie. Here's what I said:

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

You do realize that it is the liberal left that has made it taboo to talk about race?

The Army caved into the left's PC movement and named the AH-1 Cobra....and Indian tribes were mad.

This thread; your thread is a clear example. You wanted someone to punch a kid and you think it is okay for the "recon ranger" to invade the kids personal space and beat his drum. If you and the other left leaning people stopped looking at everything as a racial issue and start looking at people as all part of the human race, this world would be a much better place.
                Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                No. We've been through this exact conversation at least 3 times now. The source hasn't changed, your opinion hasn't changed, my opinion hasn't changed. Nor do I have any interest or desire in changing your opinion, which previously was that surveys don't matter and are inaccurate. So we can leave it at that, until the next election rolls around and surveys show a tight race then all of a sudden they'll be accurate again.
                You make a claim about conservatives, your asked to provide a link and your answer is "No"

We haven't "been through this exact conversation at least 3 times now." You posting multiple lies and being asked to provide a source and refusing to do so is not the exact conversation.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

"NOPE!

By the late 1730s pressure from colonial expansion produced repeated conflicts. Shawnee communities were affected by the fur trade in which furs were often traded to European traders for rum or brandy, leading to serious social problems related to alcohol abuse. Several Shawnee communities in the Province of Pennsylvania, led by Peter Chartier, a métis trader, opposed the sale of alcohol in their communities, resulting in a conflict with colonial Governor Patrick Gordon. As a result, in 1745 some 400 Shawnee migrated from Pennsylvania to Ohio, Kentucky, Alabama and Illinois

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawnee#17th_century
                  The Beaver wars have a complex history. How much of the warfare was expansion by the five Nations confederacy, and how much by white expansion is questionable.

The battles between the "Iron confederacy" the A'annini, and the Blackfoot confederacy on the Canadian plains may have been triggered by the A'anini burning of South branch Post in 1792- but had some long standing inter tribal roots- for example....

Perhaps an American Indian expert can - enlighten.
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

As to Nathan Phillips... He is a veteran in name only. Anyone who went in an E-1, came out an E-1, had multiple page 13 entries for UCMJ violations, and never particularly qualified to do anything while in was simply a waste of time and money for the military. That Phillips exaggerates and lies about his military service isn't uncommon for that sort. They seem to want to make their failure out to not be what it was.

y.
                    T.A.G. do you have a link ?

I've been trying to find some info on Mr. Phillips' background but found little on the web.
                    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Then you haven't watch the vid were the kids were chopping up a storm.

So now we are switching gears from the evil, racist kid to others in the crowd?
                      At what point do we quit changing subjects?

Did the kid do or say anything that was remotely racist?
                      (Hint: no)
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

T.A.G. do you have a link ?

I've been trying to find some info on Mr. Phillips' background but found little on the web.
                        I'll post for TAG:

https://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=84457

This goes into much more detail than the video I posted last night.
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post

1. It is taboo for the left to talk about race, except if it involves whites.
                          So there's an addendum now. Convenient.

You make a claim about conservatives, your asked to provide a link and your answer is "No"
                          Not my fault that your memory is bad.

Here's the most recent example: https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...ned-them/page2 it was brought up in other discussions as well (which you participated in), this is confirmed by Cam's post when he says "he continues to bring up this poll". So yes, there have been multiple discussions on it already and nothing new will come from discussing it again. I do not care that your memory is bad and you don't remember these older topics.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Anytime you have groups who's name is the people you have some real potential for genocide. :-)

Studies of Native American tribal names show that most had an original meaning comparable to "human," "people" "us"—the "tribal" name for itself was often the localized ethnic self-perception of the general word for "human being."
                            This propensity for referring to ones tribe as the people is carried forward into the bronze age by people such as the Jews who adopted a somewhat more sophisticated version by reducing it the chosen people. Today the same tendency can be seen in China where some of their respected archaeologist are suggesting that modern humans did not evolve in Africa alone.

Chinese academics point to fossil finds as evidence modern humans evolved in Southeast Asia
                            https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...5e57f97a2d4c1a

https://phys.org/news/2017-10-genome...mplicated.html

Keep in mind the Chinese having been making this claim for decades.

The point I'm trying to make is that the left's embrace of all things native American in someways contradicts their obsession with multicultural relativism.
                            We hunt the hunters

Comment

• 1984:
                              "...to wear an improper expression on your face (incredulity when a victory was announced, for instance) was itself a punishable offense. There was even a word for it in Newspeak:
                              facecrime, it was called."
                              {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

So there's an addendum now. Convenient.

Not my fault that your memory is bad.

Here's the most recent example: https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...ned-them/page2 it was brought up in other discussions as well (which you participated in), this is confirmed by Cam's post when he says "he continues to bring up this poll". So yes, there have been multiple discussions on it already and nothing new will come from discussing it again. I do not care that your memory is bad and you don't remember these older topics.
                                Have you ever considered that Trump has emboldened the "far right" because the left has gone bat **** crazy.
                                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X