Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Supporters Mock Native American Marchers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Transylvania-Purchase.jpg

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

      the kid and trump have nothing to do with either.

      I fail to see how the chop is relevant to the issue.
      Then you haven't watch the vid were the kids were chopping up a storm.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

      Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

      you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
        Historical Marker #2410 in Stanford Kentucky

        Cherokees-in-Kentucky.jpg
        OK but
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

          It's a shame that we still use an ethnic group as mascots. 'We slaughtered all your people, now you're going to be on our football helmets for entertainment purposes'. It's a crude and uncivilized message imo.
          Obviously all of the people weren't slaughtered, if they were the "recon ranger" would not have been in the kids face.

          You are painting your history canvas with one color. There is a lot more to how the US got to this point in history. Spend some time at the Fort Pitt museum, there is some fascinating history of various Indian tribe alliances during the French & Indian War.

          Then do some research on Indian alliances during the Revolutionary War. What really set the stage for the continuous war with the Indians was the War of 1812 and the alliance the tribes did with the British.

          I think that if the various Indian tribes had not formed alliances with the French & British, US history would be very different. Just think of what would have happened if the Indian tribes were united with the Colonials from 1757-1783 and united with the Americans from 1812-1815.
          Last edited by Nichols; 23 Jan 19, 15:55.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

            I disagree. I find it a sign of respect for the strength and fighting ability. Something sports teams live for. Should rename then Senators once more
            I don't know if putting them in the same boat as fictitious characters and animals (which is what the majority of mascots are) is a sign of respect. But, that's not really for me to speak on. Only natives can say if it's appropriate or not. I know a lot of them have protested against it, but I don't know if they represent the majority or not.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

            The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

              It's a shame that we still use an ethnic group as mascots. 'We slaughtered all your people, now you're going to be on our football helmets for entertainment purposes'. It's a crude and uncivilized message imo.
              But, the tribes can put this crap on their own cigarette brands...





              Because I guess hypocrisy is fine when you are the one making the profit...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                Obviously all of the people weren't slaughtered, if they were the "recon ranger" would not have been in the kids face.
                Yes it is obvious, so I don't know why you felt the need to point that out. It was about as close to all as you're going to get without a complete genocide.

                Are you going to address any earlier questions, or is that situation over now?
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

                The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

                  I don't know if putting them in the same boat as fictitious characters and animals (which is what the majority of mascots are) is a sign of respect. But, that's not really for me to speak on. Only natives can say if it's appropriate or not. I know a lot of them have protested against it, but I don't know if they represent the majority or not.
                  A lot of them have also been okay with it. Here's an example of PC culture backfiring:

                  Nevertheless, some Native American leaders were actually taken aback that the new aircraft wasn’t named for a Native American tribe. Indeed, though Army officials broke with tradition in an effort to not offend Native American tribes, the gesture actually backfired.

                  In short order, the Army revived the tradition, with the AH-56 Cheyenne, OH-58 Kiowa, AH-64 Apache and not one, but two Blackhawks.

                  Although not an official policy, Army officials typically name attack aircraft for tribes that historians have noted for their martial prowess. The RAH-66 Comanche, for instance, honored a tribe of mounted warriors that out-maneuvered, out-rode and out-fought the best-equipped U.S. Cavalry—a feat even more impressive when one considers the Comanche first encountered the horse only in the late 17th century.

                  So what evidence do we have to suggest that Native Americans aren’t offended by the Army’s tradition? Take, for instance, the fact that Army Material Command actually gets approval from Native American tribes before naming its aircraft. That’s according to the Department of the Army’s Pamphlet 70-3, paragraph 1-11-4-g, for you sadists out there.

                  Still not convinced? Well, consider that some Native American tribes don’t just approve of the Army’s naming convention, they give their outright blessing—literally.

                  In 2012, Native American leaders were on hand to bless two brand new LUH-72 Lakota helicopters—named for the nation which handed the Army one of its most notorious defeats at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in 1876.


                  https://medium.com/war-is-boring/eve...t-d21beb55d782

                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                    But, the tribes can put this crap on their own cigarette brands...





                    Because I guess hypocrisy is fine when you are the one making the profit...
                    Why are you referring to it as crap?

                    I believe there is a difference, but I will not attempt to speak for natives.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

                    The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                      A lot of them have also been okay with it. Here's an example of PC culture backfiring:

                      Nevertheless, some Native American leaders were actually taken aback that the new aircraft wasn’t named for a Native American tribe. Indeed, though Army officials broke with tradition in an effort to not offend Native American tribes, the gesture actually backfired.

                      In short order, the Army revived the tradition, with the AH-56 Cheyenne, OH-58 Kiowa, AH-64 Apache and not one, but two Blackhawks.

                      Although not an official policy, Army officials typically name attack aircraft for tribes that historians have noted for their martial prowess. The RAH-66 Comanche, for instance, honored a tribe of mounted warriors that out-maneuvered, out-rode and out-fought the best-equipped U.S. Cavalry—a feat even more impressive when one considers the Comanche first encountered the horse only in the late 17th century.

                      So what evidence do we have to suggest that Native Americans aren’t offended by the Army’s tradition? Take, for instance, the fact that Army Material Command actually gets approval from Native American tribes before naming its aircraft. That’s according to the Department of the Army’s Pamphlet 70-3, paragraph 1-11-4-g, for you sadists out there.

                      Still not convinced? Well, consider that some Native American tribes don’t just approve of the Army’s naming convention, they give their outright blessing—literally.

                      In 2012, Native American leaders were on hand to bless two brand new LUH-72 Lakota helicopters—named for the nation which handed the Army one of its most notorious defeats at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in 1876.


                      https://medium.com/war-is-boring/eve...t-d21beb55d782
                      This is what happens when the right wing makes it taboo to talk about race. If we were able to openly and honestly discuss race and racial issues without the right wing crying foul, we could more accurately determine one's thoughts and opinions. A lot of open discussions need to be had, but the right is opposed to talking about natives, blacks, hispanics, etc. So what we're left with is playing a guessing game.

                      Despite what the right says, there is nothing racist or problematic about bringing up or discussing issues of race.

                      Nothing progresses without effective communication.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

                      The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

                        Yes it is obvious, so I don't know why you felt the need to point that out. It was about as close to all as you're going to get without a complete genocide.
                        Why did I point that out; because you claimed that they were slaughtered

                        Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

                        It's a shame that we still use an ethnic group as mascots. 'We slaughtered all your people, now you're going to be on our football helmets for entertainment purposes'. It's a crude and uncivilized message imo.
                        Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                        Are you going to address any earlier questions, or is that situation over now?
                        Which earlier question?

                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                          Which earlier question?
                          You haven't told me whether or not the confrontation between Nathan and the young boy was over. I would like to know if you still think they're out there face to face or not.

                          Secondly, I'm still waiting to see where I referred to any race as inferior.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

                          The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

                            This is what happens when the right wing makes it taboo to talk about race. If we were able to openly and honestly discuss race and racial issues without the right wing crying foul, we could more accurately determine one's thoughts and opinions. A lot of open discussions need to be had, but the right doesn't want to discuss any of them. So what we're left with is playing a guessing game.

                            Despite what the right says, there is nothing racist or problematic about bringing up or discussing issues of race.

                            Nothing progresses without effective communication.
                            You do realize that it is the liberal left that has made it taboo to talk about race?

                            The Army caved into the left's PC movement and named the AH-1 Cobra....and Indian tribes were mad.

                            This thread; your thread is a clear example. You wanted someone to punch a kid and you think it is okay for the "recon ranger" to invade the kids personal space and beat his drum. If you and the other left leaning people stopped looking at everything as a racial issue and start looking at people as all part of the human race, this world would be a much better place.
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                              You do realize that it is the liberal left that has made it taboo to talk about race?
                              Interesting.

                              If you and the other left leaning people stopped looking at everything as a racial issue and start looking at people as all part of the human race, this world would be a much better place.
                              In other words, you don't want us to talk about race. lmao.
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

                              The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

                                You haven't told me whether or not the confrontation between Nathan and the young boy was over. I would like to know if you still think they're out there face to face or not.
                                Do you think they are still "face to face"?

                                I have already provided videos that show what "recon ranger" did before and after that time that you wanted someone to punch a kid in the face.

                                Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                                Secondly, I'm still waiting to see where I referred to any race as inferior.
                                Provide a link to that, I don't want to take something out of context.
                                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X