Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An article that unintentionally shows the illegal immigration problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • An article that unintentionally shows the illegal immigration problem

    This article, published in the NYT, and trying to take a sympathetic tilt to illegal immigration does the opposite.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/it...ge=BBSqXmw_1|3

    It's about a family of illegals running a restaurant in NYC.

    There was an "altercation" between some of the restaurant owners and the police. The police decided to arrest a couple of them. The article takes a turn against the police and cites several Leftists who sympathize with the illegals.

    But, the last paragraph is priceless.

    "This is the kind of thing I'd see in Mexico, not the United States, a country that respects laws, said Antonio Saavedra, Ms. Saavedra's father. "Where's the law? I don't see it here right now."

    This coming from an illegal immigrant. This guy is breaking all sorts of US laws by being in the country, operating a business, etc., and he's lecturing us on legalities? The guy should be arrested and deported for being here illegally. Where's his respect for the law?

  • #2
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    This article, published in the NYT, and trying to take a sympathetic tilt to illegal immigration does the opposite.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/it...ge=BBSqXmw_1|3

    It's about a family of illegals running a restaurant in NYC.

    There was an "altercation" between some of the restaurant owners and the police. The police decided to arrest a couple of them. The article takes a turn against the police and cites several Leftists who sympathize with the illegals.

    But, the last paragraph is priceless.

    "This is the kind of thing I'd see in Mexico, not the United States, a country that respects laws, said Antonio Saavedra, Ms. Saavedra's father. "Where's the law? I don't see it here right now."

    This coming from an illegal immigrant. This guy is breaking all sorts of US laws by being in the country, operating a business, etc., and he's lecturing us on legalities? The guy should be arrested and deported for being here illegally. Where's his respect for the law?
    The fact that the left never talks about what generates illegal immigration is evidence of what I have been labeling form over function. It has infected almost every aspect of our culture. It is visible in the seriousness with which people take Hollywood celebrities talking politics, the decay of public infrastructure in favor of nearly useless forms of showy mass transit, virtue signalling instead of practical solutions, the almost mindless labeling of people with inappropriate epithets, demonizing competency and competition, the way left leaning politicians are not held responsible for previous positions such as Obama on gay marriage, how identity has become more important than character, so on and so forth.

    The only solution to illegal immigration is for the donor nations to develop their own set of laws and customs that do not make people want to immigrate. Moving the existing culture from one place to another is insanity. In Europe we see a similar pattern to what we see in the Americas. Southern states such as Italy and Greece do not have a culture that is based on individual responsibility. The whole continent trying to live off the productivity and orderliness of Germany and the U.K. is starting to crack apart the EU. Laws are only the superficial expression of the culture. Changing one without the other is pointless as laws cannot impose culture. To put it bluntly multiculturalism is as stupid as it sounds.
    We hunt the hunters

    Comment


    • #3
      Once again, for the Democarts, Liberals and the PC bleeding hearts on this forum: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION". If you "immigrate" you are coming legally; if you do not, you are a criminal under international laws.

      That's it, period. There are no gray zones. and absolutely NO "illegal immigrants". Never were and never will be.

      Those who use that particular phrase are a major part of the problem.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Once again, for the Democarts, Liberals and the PC bleeding hearts on this forum: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION". If you "immigrate" you are coming legally; if you do not, you are a criminal under international laws.

        That's it, period. There are no gray zones. and absolutely NO "illegal immigrants". Never were and never will be.

        Those who use that particular phrase are a major part of the problem.
        Fine, they're "criminal entrants." How's that?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

          Fine, they're "criminal entrants." How's that?
          Criminals, period, by law. BTW, Mexican law is even stricter than ours when it comes to sneaking into their country. They don't put people in "detention centers" - they put them in prisons. So Mexicans are not strangers to the concepts of border enforcement.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

            Fine, they're "criminal entrants." How's that?
            It's as if he doesn't understand what illegal means.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

            The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

              Fine, they're "criminal entrants." How's that?
              You know he has a point if they are immigrants and the law is never enforced then illegal immigration is an oxymoron. It is de facto legal if not technically. Criminal entrants is good with me.
              We hunt the hunters

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

                You know he has a point if they are immigrants and the law is never enforced then illegal immigration is an oxymoron. It is de facto legal if not technically. Criminal entrants is good with me.
                Criminal illegals or illegal aliens is my preference.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                  Criminal illegals or illegal aliens is my preference.
                  Invaders. Or Invasive Criminals.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

                    Invaders. Or Invasive Criminals.

                    "Targets",
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So why aren't all the Canadian illegal aliens being round up and deported? You don't mind them running businesses and being in the country illegally?

                      Comment

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X