Democrats want to eliminate the Electoral College

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Moving goal posts or just don't understand accounting?
    Note I said spending versus revenue(income=taxes, etc.). Which is for the government balance sheet, not the whole economy that includes private sector(GDP).
    BTW it's " you're " not "your".
    And they let you be an officer ???
    "And They Allowed you to be An Officer" is, I do believe, what you intended to type

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Excuse me, but barely half the eligible voters voted and barely half of those voted against Trump
      More voted for Clinton.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Moving goal posts or just don't understand accounting?
        Note I said spending versus revenue(income=taxes, etc.). Which is for the government balance sheet, not the whole economy that includes private sector(GDP).
        BTW it's " you're " not "your".
        And they let you be an officer ???
        Posting on the Internet was never a requirement. and if Trump's spelling is accepted and people, such as yourself make excuses for him,
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

The U.S. is not a Democracy, it is a representative republic, only the destruction of the education system by the Democratic leftist teachers unions prevents this from being common knowledge.

I would completely support elections by apportioned electors to various colleges by districts instead of by overall popular vote. My question is how would those districts be set up?

I can already hear the zombie chants of racist, sexist, homophobe, Islamophobe, and Nazi. It would be fun to try and do this and listen to the idiots like Cortez squeal.
          The United States is a constitutional republic. And it is not a democracy because the president is not directly elected by the people.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post

The United States is a constitutional republic. And it is not a democracy because the president is not directly elected by the people.
            As I keep saying everyone with a brain has known democracy is idiocy since Athens. The U.S. is not a democracy because it is a representative government. It was perfectly logical that people with property were the only original voters because the founders were well aware of Roman bread and circus. Extending the franchise was based on the idea that increased education would lead to a sober and judicious population. I'm not advocating that we return to restricted voting rights only a more sober and judicious legislative branch that does not abdicate their responsibilities to the executive branch.

The Soviet Union's constitution is an excellent example of how a constitution is only words on paper. It's the character of the people that gives those words meaning. It's all about self determination at the personal level something the Democratics and never Trumpets seem incapable of comprehending.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

As I keep saying everyone with a brain has known democracy is idiocy since Athens. The U.S. is not a democracy because it is a representative government. It was perfectly logical that people with property were the only original voters because the founders were well aware of Roman bread and circus. Extending the franchise was based on the idea that increased education would lead to a sober and judicious population. I'm not advocating that we return to restricted voting rights only a more sober and judicious legislative branch that does not abdicate their responsibilities to the executive branch.

The Soviet Union's constitution is an excellent example of how a constitution is only words on paper. It's the character of the people that gives those words meaning. It's all about self determination at the personal level something the Democratics and never Trumpets seem incapable of comprehending.
              Or they do comprehend it but it's too much effort on their part.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

More voted for Clinton.
                Only slightly more, and in Ayn Rand terms just shows the decline of our nation as the looters are starting to outnumber the producers/makers.
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

"And They Allowed you to be An Officer" is, I do believe, what you intended to type
                  Well yeah, interruptions and such ...
                  HPJ has a long history of mis-spellings and questionable grammar, etc ...

A minor quibble perhaps, but when such sloppy language use is applied to pick nits, perhaps some mirror examination of precision and details would apply ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Or they do comprehend it but it's too much effort on their part.
                    Which would suggest a seditious and potential treasonous agenda in form of "fundamental change of (US)America" intentions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post

Does this mean your support status quo of retaining the Electoral College ???

Comment

Does this mean your support status quo of retaining the Electoral College ???
                        Not when it means if Trump gets re-elected, of course.
                        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

Not when it means if Trump gets re-elected, of course.
                          But election corruption is OK for you Democrats?

Comment

Well the AoC are no longer binding, but many a resident of B.C. when down here shopping (better prices and product selections) claim they'd be willing to have their Province become 51st state if it were possible.*

* which would be the 59th state if we were still using Obama math.
                            EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......
                            If You folks want Bud Land. you've to take Le Whine Centre du America -Nord aussi, -Monsieur..

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

But election corruption is OK for you Democrats?
                              Absolutely it is. And history stands by my claim.

And I'm not a Democrat. Thought you would have learned that by now.
                              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

Absolutely it is. And history stands by my claim.

And I'm not a Democrat. Thought you would have learned that by now.
                                Lots of things left to learn, but no longer have the strength or the interest to do so. Apologies all the same.

Don't want the EC? Neither do I, but I don't have decent replacement for a system so corrupt that even the Mafia would envy it. And what difference would a replacement system make anyway? All we have is two totally corrupt parties who actually mirror one another and an electorate not fit to even be allowed to cast their votes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X