Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nancy Pelosi says NO again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post

    When the government signs a contract for support; the funds are allocated for that contract. The contractors continue to work while the government is shut down.
    but what if there no one there to process the payements of the contracts. Also contractors come in a lot of different varieties. For example the person who cleans the offices is not longer cleaning the offices because they do not need to.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by craven View Post

      but what if there no one there to process the payements of the contracts. Also contractors come in a lot of different varieties. For example the person who cleans the offices is not longer cleaning the offices because they do not need to.
      Obviously, if no is there no one cares.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by marktwain View Post

        At some point you have to weigh the cost of continued shut down, which believe me, is - huge - against the value of strategic "test-re test."

        Build a test section with the available funds, then gain experience to proceed further.

        For t first time in it's long history the United states has elected a POTUS who is - in many ways unstable, perhaps a mad genius in others- but has threatened to pick axe holes in the hull unless the Constitution radically changes TO AWARD HIM THE POWER TO LEGISLATE AND EXECUTE- a 'one man rule."

        Be careful of what you ask for- you just might get it.
        Actually Trump has been a notorious deal maker. Far from being an autocrat he has developed a reputation for sitting down with anyone who will take the trouble to show him an ounce of respect. He was elected in part to build a wall though. The Dems could ask for anything in exchange and get a deal but they won't. And that is on them. He makes deals, but a deal where only one side gets what they want isn't a deal. Dems need to give him the wall and if they do they are guaranteed to get something in return because this president always gives such an incentive.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Among others the USCG are losing their pay while all the time working. Be honest. Would you work with out getting paid.
          You're correct, the USCG does not get paid during a federal shutdown, but the government found a way to pay us the first check we weren't supposed to get. But it's not clear yet if we will get our another check.

          I'm okay with this because I support Trump's wall. I resided in AZ prior to moving to CA, we really do need a barrier down there. I've put funds aside to take care of a long term shutdown. I should be okay for several months. If it drags on longer, my bank already assured me they will issued me funds with zero interest.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

            Actually Trump has been a notorious deal maker. Far from being an autocrat he has developed a reputation for sitting down with anyone who will take the trouble to show him an ounce of respect. He was elected in part to build a wall though. The Dems could ask for anything in exchange and get a deal but they won't. And that is on them. He makes deals, but a deal where only one side gets what they want isn't a deal. Dems need to give him the wall and if they do they are guaranteed to get something in return because this president always gives such an incentive.
            Yea, yea, like his GREAT Deal with KIM.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

              Yea, yea, like his GREAT Deal with KIM.
              Seems he made out on that. Kim hasn't been shooting more rockets. It hasn't cost Trump or the US anything (eg., Trump didn't give him a billion dollar bribe like say, Clinton did).

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post

                You're correct, the USCG does not get paid during a federal shutdown, but the government found a way to pay us the first check we weren't supposed to get. But it's not clear yet if we will get our another check.

                I'm okay with this because I support Trump's wall. I resided in AZ prior to moving to CA, we really do need a barrier down there. I've put funds aside to take care of a long term shutdown. I should be okay for several months. If it drags on longer, my bank already assured me they will issued me funds with zero interest.
                The news is not really good at knowing when people are getting paid in the Fed side of the world. More than likely baring things changing today was not pay day unless you get a paper check. I believe most direct deposits would of been on tue or wed. Been awhile since I have been a fed.


                So you probaally got paid because of how the pay cycles run. ie pay was already done before the shutdown.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                  This has already been done, Jim Acosta visited a section of the wall yesterday and unintentionally proved that it works.
                  INTERESTING.
                  The San \Diego wall section was in place fifteen years ago, when I visited. as I recall, it was already being bypassed.
                  I mean a real test of the proposed new Great Desert Wall.
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                    Is it just me , or has anyone recalled the big dust up we had over ebola sweeping North America , five years or so ago??
                    OTOH, I am reminded of the Avro Arrow debates I got into with Canadian Arrowheads- before I knew better......http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...124-story.html

                    Will Trump’s wall cut these figures even further?

                    “Until we actually see a plan or a model, we don’t know,” said Everard Meade, director of the Trans-Border Institute at the University of San Diego. “In general, it’s still very theoretical.”
                    World’s busiest crossing

                    In the national debate over immigration, you could call the San Ysidro Port of Entry ground zero — or ground 20.8 Million.

                    The latter is the number of vehicles (13.9 million) and pedestrians (6.9 million) annually entering the U.S. there.

                    San Diego County is home to three ports of entry — the others are Otay Mesa and Tecate — but San Ysidro is the biggest. In fact, it's the busiest border crossing in the world, open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

                    Last edited by marktwain; 11 Jan 19, 15:57.
                    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                      Seems he made out on that. Kim hasn't been shooting more rockets. It hasn't cost Trump or the US anything (eg., Trump didn't give him a billion dollar bribe like say, Clinton did).
                      And Kim still is
                      developing Nuke. Great Deal. All mouth with out content.
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                      Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                      you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

                        Surprised from this dumb **** from you.
                        Well, I never said I was a great guy. Ok, maybe, but not great.


                        Among others the USCG are losing their pay while all the time working. Be honest. Would you work with out getting paid.
                        They will get paid, just a little later than usual. It is important to note with all the histrionics being played out that this is only a partial shut down. The, principally. bureaucrats that are getting hurt could use a little hurt. Like much of the working class I have been ILOed before, and do not see why overpaid government employees cannot suffer though a little TLO once and a while. Why should they be immune?

                        Tuebor

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

                          And Kim still is
                          developing Nuke. Great Deal. All mouth with out content.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            U.S. intelligence believes North Korea making more nuclear bomb fuel despite talks

                            https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1JQ03O

                            https://int.search.tb.ask.com/search...si=28768055044
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              U.S. intelligence believes North Korea making more nuclear bomb fuel despite talks


                              https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1JQ03O

                              https://int.search.tb.ask.com/search...si=28768055044
                              Intelligence services are not (over) paid to believe, but to give proofs .
                              Massena also believes ..that Trump gave in the Oval Room classified information to Russians
                              SWJ also believes that Turkey is a democracy with the same values as the US.
                              Adolf Barnes also believed that FDR and Churchill knew about the inpending attack on Pearl Harbour

                              These persons prove only their incompetence and their bias .
                              US intelligence is only competent to intervene in the elections by spying on the Trump campaign and by inventing a missile gap in 1960 to help Kennedy to become potus .

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Trump is definitely at fault for the government shutdown:

                                https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/‘never-been-more-depressed’-trump-kills-graham-effort-to-end-shutdown/ar-BBS4UeW?ocid=spartandhp
                                We are not now that strength which in old days
                                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X