Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nancy Pelosi says NO again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nancy Pelosi says NO again

    And after the failed meeting the Dems made up a story that Trump displayed a "temper tantrum." Trump has been trying to compromise and Pelosi has not. And yes, there is a humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border. It needs to be addressed so the POTUS can end the government job shutdown
    Theo mir ist die munition ausgegangen ich werde diesen ramman auf wiedersehen uns in walhalla

  • #2
    Originally posted by Kurt Knispel View Post
    And after the failed meeting the Dems made up a story that Trump displayed a "temper tantrum." Trump has been trying to compromise and Pelosi has not. And yes, there is a humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border. It needs to be addressed so the POTUS can end the government job shutdown
    Yep, she thinks she's going to squeeze him now.

    Too bad the Prez was dumb enough to volunteer to "own" the shutdown

    Comment


    • #3
      "No" is the only word Pelosi knows, so get used to hearing it.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

      Comment


      • #4
        To Pelosi and the Democrats, a compromise is doing it 100% her way or the highway.
        “Breaking News,”

        “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

        Comment


        • #5
          Schumer and Pelosi said NO because Mexico isn't paying for it. (Saving American tax payers billions in the process!) Hooray!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
            Schumer and Pelosi said NO because Mexico isn't paying for it. (Saving American tax payers billions in the process!) Hooray!
            Or costing them billions... After all, each illegal caught costs about an average of $70,000 to process and deport. If the wall were to reduce the number by even as few as 20,000 or 30,000 per year (out of 300,000 +), it would easily pay for itself in no time flat. You need to take a course or two in managerial accounting.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

              Or costing them billions... After all, each illegal caught costs about an average of $70,000 to process and deport. If the wall were to reduce the number by even as few as 20,000 or 30,000 per year (out of 300,000 +), it would easily pay for itself in no time flat. You need to take a course or two in managerial accounting.
              Not to mention the violence against US citizens that would be reduced by the wall.

              But common sense and concern for Human life are not traits of the Left.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't understand this reversal compared to a year ago. Back in Jan 2018 Schumer had $25 billion on the table for Trump's border security, now he won't even give Trump 1/5 of that. I don't get the Democrats' current argument. They used to be for a barrier, now they say it's immoral. They keep flipping back and forth, it's making my head spin.
                Last edited by Nikki; 09 Jan 19, 20:50.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Freebird View Post
                  Too bad the Prez was dumb enough to volunteer to "own" the shutdown
                  It's ok, he should stand up proud and own it. He has more support than the media is reporting. Everyone I know supports him during this shutdown. They want a wall and these people are on both sides of the political fence.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                    Or costing them billions... After all, each illegal caught costs about an average of $70,000 to process and deport.
                    Do you have a source for that?
                    I have no doubt that the US Govt spends a bundle per deportation, but I'd be interested to see some data. (And will be a great way to shut down TDS folks whining about border wall cost)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nikki View Post

                      It's ok, he should stand up proud and own it. He has more support than the media is reporting. Everyone I know supports him during this shutdown. They want a wall and these people are on both sides of the political fence.
                      With respect, do you know anyone who will miss a paycheck from the shutdown?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Freebird View Post

                        With respect, do you know anyone who will miss a paycheck from the shutdown?
                        Not around here. I am glad I did not schedule my next trip to the National Archives for this time (as was originally intended).

                        Not too many people gonna weep for gummint bureaucrats losing a few paychecks. How many of THEM lost their pay/jobs during the Great Collapsing Credit Fiasco of Nought Eight?

                        If the Wishy Washy GOP Senators can hold out, don't think too many folk will get too uptight about it at all.

                        Tuebor

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Freebird View Post

                          Do you have a source for that?
                          I have no doubt that the US Govt spends a bundle per deportation, but I'd be interested to see some data. (And will be a great way to shut down TDS folks whining about border wall cost)
                          https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/cost...nts-cages.html

                          https://immigrationforum.org/article...inue-multiply/

                          https://cis.org/Camarota/Enforcing-I...Cost-Effective

                          Even if you were to figure out that the cost was half that, the wall is still effective if it produces a 5 to 10% drop in crossings. If it exceeds that, it just becomes even more cost effective.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tuebor View Post


                            Not too many people gonna weep for gummint bureaucrats losing a few paychecks. How many of THEM lost their pay/jobs during the Great Collapsing Credit Fiasco of Nought Eight?
                            If they mostly all lived in DC, sure.
                            However it seems that many if not most of them are Border Patrol, ICE, or TSA from red states/districts, so I wouldn't be bashing them as Gummint bureaucrats

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                              https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/cost...nts-cages.html

                              https://immigrationforum.org/article...inue-multiply/

                              https://cis.org/Camarota/Enforcing-I...Cost-Effective

                              Even if you were to figure out that the cost was half that, the wall is still effective if it produces a 5 to 10% drop in crossings. If it exceeds that, it just becomes even more cost effective.
                              Thanks!
                              It's also a shame that none of Trump's staff have pointed that out...

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X