Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump's address and the Democrat response.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Well, there are several schemes that recommend something like that, and those are probably actually better than a single barrier. But, in urban areas, they're probably not possible.

Trump's original idea was for one of these:

It is important to remember that a barrier Wall is part of a larger system of immigrant control, and not a stand alone system. for example the steel sectioning that was proposed has come under scrutiny due to the powerful new lithium ion portable saws, which can hole a section of fence like hot butter - one idea is rotating steel hardened bars with a lubricant that can gunk up the saw blades, released upon rotation.

all the more reason for testing first....learning the hard way hurts- form personal experience, as well as observation...
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

It is important to remember that a barrier Wall is part of a larger system of immigrant control, and not a stand alone system. for example the steel sectioning that was proposed has come under scrutiny due to the powerful new lithium ion portable saws, which can hole a section of fence like hot butter - one idea is rotating steel hardened bars with a lubricant that can gunk up the saw blades, released upon rotation.

all the more reason for testing first....learning the hard way hurts- form personal experience, as well as observation...
      If you build the steel fence out of 1/4" wall A500 structural tubing or shapes, you better bring a recharger and lots of spare batteries with that saw, not to mention several spare cutoff wheels.
      Worse would be if you used tubing-- whatever shape you want-- and filled the tubing with concrete. That would make a cutoff saw worthless against it.

Comment

• cutting....cutting.....https://milwaukeetool.com/Products/Accessories

https://www.eaglesuperabrasives.com/...plated-wheels/https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=+lithium+ion+extreme+saws&qpvt=+lithium+i on+extreme+saws&FORM=IGRE

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post
          cutting....cutting.....https://milwaukeetool.com/Products/Accessories

https://www.eaglesuperabrasives.com/...plated-wheels/https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=+lithium+ion+extreme+saws&qpvt=+lithium+i on+extreme+saws&FORM=IGRE
          I've bought more metal cutting tools and more steel in my lifetime than you ever will. I used to spec and order it by the semi-tractor load. I've bought a Doall band saw similar to this one for a shop I ran. That thing could take a pile of steel and turn it into little cut up parts so fast your head would spin.

Chop saws, cutoff saws, portable band saws, not to mention ironworkers, shears, and plasma torches. I've bought them all. Fixed more.

You are showing me a "Sawzall." That is, a reciprocating cut off saw. That's much slower than a portable chop saw for cutting steel.

This is much faster, but takes a lot more power.

Oh, you can't cut steel with a diamond blade. Diamond is made of carbon and when it gets hot it simply bonds to the steel making it harder and you lose the diamond. CBN (Cubic Boron Nitride) is grossly expensive for cutting tools, and isn't generally made for things like chop saws and other rough cutting metal tools.

Comment

• It's been demonstrated on several occasions you can get over the white house fence as well. Doesn't mean the white house is in no need of fence. There is no fence, no door, no wall, no security criminals will not penetrate. The important thing is that there can be no doubt about breaking and entering when you have a door or a fence. Everyone understand what side of a door or fence they are suppose to be on.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I've bought more metal cutting tools and more steel in my lifetime than you ever will. I used to spec and order it by the semi-tractor load. I've bought a Doall band saw similar to this one for a shop I ran. That thing could take a pile of steel and turn it into little cut up parts so fast your head would spin.

Chop saws, cutoff saws, portable band saws, not to mention ironworkers, shears, and plasma torches. I've bought them all. Fixed more.

You are showing me a "Sawzall." That is, a reciprocating cut off saw. That's much slower than a portable chop saw for cutting steel.

This is much faster, but takes a lot more power.

Oh, you can't cut steel with a diamond blade. Diamond is made of carbon and when it gets hot it simply bonds to the steel making it harder and you lose the diamond. CBN (Cubic Boron Nitride) is grossly expensive for cutting tools, and isn't generally made for things like chop saws and other rough cutting metal tools.
              I believe you on that!

The premise is still to plan as many contingencies as possible before construction starts!

Diamond blades have their uses- mostly tough masonry, I believe.

The Canol project is very interesting as it reflected rushed planning, compounded by Canadian Lassitude before the war.

to quote Winston Churchill 'imself;

to turn the Canadians loose on any project without the wise oversight of British planners and engineers does more harm to the war effort than a thousand bomber Luftwaffe raid..."
              ouch ouch ouch oooocccchhhh!...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X