Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump's address and the Democrat response.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trump's address and the Democrat response.

    Post it here. What'd you think.

    Me? Trump made a case that there is a humanitarian and criminal crisis on our southern border. He argued for increased border security using at least some data. He called for spending for a physical barrier.

    The Democrats responded with an assortment of logical fallacies, vague generalities, and political rhetoric with zero depth. Their major call was "reopen 90% of the government now, we can argue over the wall afterwards..."
    The problem with that is it takes away Trump's negotiating position entirely. He concedes to that and the Democrats have little pressure to compromise or agree to spending for border security.

    I'd say the ball is in the Democrat's court and they can either return it or let Trump score against them.

  • #2
    Neither side said anything new. They were both boring.

    Added: I have no problem with the Demo leadership, but ****, they need to let someone that doesn't sound like a damn zombie talk. Trump had a similar problem.
    Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

    Comment


    • #3
      I took a look at the various "live fact check" commentaries. Not a whole lot of new material, a wuestioning of the exact number of criminal aliens, but no denial that there are large numbers of criminal aliens, and generally not a whole lot of material to support denying the wall in any and all circumstances.
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

      Comment


      • #4
        Trump is hard to listen to but the Democrats sound like screeching cats.

        Trump can't cave so the Democrats are counting on Republican never Trumpers to sell out the American people as they have been doing for 30 years. It would have been a pretty good bet if they had not made idiots like Cortez the new face of the party. Any Rinos that sell out will get punished but they still see themselves as the backbone of the party and are totally out of touch. It could go either way. It's a big gamble for the geriatric Democratic leadership because there are a lot of democratic voters plenty unhappy with the radical move to the left.
        We hunt the hunters

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          Trump is hard to listen to but the Democrats sound like screeching cats.

          Trump can't cave so the Democrats are counting on Republican never Trumpers to sell out the American people as they have been doing for 30 years. It would have been a pretty good bet if they had not made idiots like Cortez the new face of the party. Any Rinos that sell out will get punished but they still see themselves as the backbone of the party and are totally out of touch. It could go either way. It's a big gamble for the geriatric Democratic leadership because there are a lot of democratic voters plenty unhappy with the radical move to the left.
          I know. They are so unhappy that they voted a shitload of them into Congress.
          Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

            I know. They are so unhappy that they voted a shitload of them into Congress.
            I was talking about the American people not the Socialist zombies.
            We hunt the hunters

            Comment


            • #7
              I heard exactly what I expected from both sides. The Democrats seem to operate in the hysterical denial mode almost all of the time these days.

              When this is all said and done, they will have wasted far more than the $5 billion the wall will cost. (I still think the Army Corps of Engineers can do it faster, better and cheaper.)
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

                I know. They are so unhappy that they voted a shitload of them into Congress.
                Actually, the Democrats made some advances in Congress on one of two basis:

                The anti-Trump vote

                and

                The Progressive Left turning out to elect their candidates in areas they have considerable numbers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                  The Democrats responded with an assortment of logical fallacies, vague generalities, and political rhetoric with zero depth. Their major call was "reopen 90% of the government now, we can argue over the wall afterwards..."
                  The problem with that is it takes away Trump's negotiating position entirely. He concedes to that and the Democrats have little pressure to compromise or agree to spending for border security.
                  .
                  I didnt hear anything from the Dems in the way of "We need to find a way to reopen government" - Just Trump bashing.
                  The hyperbole about "We care about workers" is just a farce

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    When this is all said and done, they will have wasted far more than the $5 billion the wall will cost. (I still think the Army Corps of Engineers can do it faster, better and cheaper.)
                    Sure. After all, look at the great job they did for New Orleans.

                    Why hire people who actually have to stake their reputation on a project?
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The wall does not equal border security. Trump wants it as a monument to himself. It isn't for the betterment of anyone but Trump.
                      We are not now that strength which in old days
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The speech was poor, badly delivered, and studded with inaccuracies if not plain lies. Nothing Trump says or does can be trusted.


                        https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/09/polit...ech/index.html

                        https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/polit...ech/index.html

                        https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/opini...ell/index.html


                        Last edited by Massena; 09 Jan 19, 06:07.
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                          I took a look at the various "live fact check" commentaries. Not a whole lot of new material, a wuestioning of the exact number of criminal aliens, but no denial that there are large numbers of criminal aliens, and generally not a whole lot of material to support denying the wall in any and all circumstances.
                          https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...054604564.html

                          Fox doesn't believe you.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                          Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                          youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Trump and company used the excuse of the 'speech' last night to send out emails for fundraising for the 2020 reelection campaign. I got one, no matter how many times I told the Republican party that I was no longer a registered Republican. He's a real scumbag and a fraud.

                            Make sure you read the fine print at the bottom of the message:
                            Kevin,

                            President Trump just finished his speech addressing our National Security crisis on the Southern Border and explaining why he will NOT cave to the Democrats when it comes to YOUR SAFETY.

                            We sent him a list of all patriots who donated to our Official Secure the Border Fund and he noticed your name wasnít on the list, Kevin.

                            He figured this couldnít be right because he knows how much you care about BUILDING THE WALL.

                            Since youíve been such a strong supporter and one of our greatest advocates for THE WALL, we have decided to extend your deadline to get on the list to 11:59 PM TONIGHT.
                            Kevin,

                            I will be addressing the nation tonight at 9 PM EST on the Humanitarian and National Security crisis on our Southern Border.

                            Just look at the facts:
                            • Drugs are poisoning our loved ones
                            • MS-13 gang members are threatening our safety
                            • Illegal criminals are flooding our nation
                            I want to make one thing clear to Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi:
                            Your safety is not a political game or a negotiation tactic!
                            The American people have signed over 2,OOO,OOO petitions demanding Democrats finally put America First and BUILD THE WALL....but Chuck and Nancy simply wonít listen.

                            Thatís why I want to do something so HUGE, even Democrats and the Fake News wonít be able to ignore.

                            We need to raise $5OO,OOO in ONE DAY.

                            I want to know who stood with me when it mattered most so Iíve asked my team to send me a list of EVERY AMERICAN PATRIOT who donates to the Official Secure the Border Fund.






















                            Contributions to the Trump Make America Great Again Committee are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.



                            Paid for by Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee authorized by and composed of Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. and the Republican National Committee.


                            You are receiving this email at boulart198@yahoo.com
                            Trump Make America Great Again Committee, 138 Conant Street, 2nd Floor, Beverly, MA 01915

                            We believe this is an important way to reach our grassroots supporters with the most up-to-date information regarding the efforts of the Trump Make America Great Again Committee and President Trump, and weíre glad youíre on our team. Itís because of grassroots supporters like you that we will Make America Great Again, and we appreciate your support. Thank you for all that you do!

                            Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe | Update Profile


                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
                              ...Neither side said anything new...
                              I agree. Much ado about nothing. The POTUS was unconvincing. Chuck and Nancy were...well...Chuck and Nancy.
                              Last edited by III Corps; 09 Jan 19, 08:01.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X