State of the Union-Armchair President

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Union-Armchair President

What do you think Trump should talk about tonight?

How do you feel about the presidents term so far?
    Go Trump!
    38.46%
    I’m angry
    15.38%
    Trump’s a baby, but I’m civilized
    0%
    I don’t like Trump, but he’s the best option available
    46.15%
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Correction, itís not the State of the Union, but an address to the nation. Iím voting for Go Trump!
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

More importantly, and likely more enjoyable... Who do you think will make a bigger fool of themselves: Trump or the Democrats? After all, the Democrats are going to make a rebuttal right afterwards.

My bet is the Democrats. Trump will press for border security and his wall. The Democrats will say they're for border security and against the wall and funding it. Trump will say he wants to reopen the government and get workers paid, and that he's willing to compromise with Democrats on stuff. The Democrats will say they want to reopen government and get workers paid but are unwilling to compromise with Trump on the wall.

Comment

Th only valid Democratic rebuttal is "We refused to cooperate with (fill in blank)________________."
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          More importantly, and likely more enjoyable... Who do you think will make a bigger fool of themselves: Trump or the Democrats? After all, the Democrats are going to make a rebuttal right afterwards.

My bet is the Democrats. Trump will press for border security and his wall. The Democrats will say they're for border security and against the wall and funding it. Trump will say he wants to reopen the government and get workers paid, and that he's willing to compromise with Democrats on stuff. The Democrats will say they want to reopen government and get workers paid but are unwilling to compromise with Trump on the wall.
          How many times do I have to tell you they already made three deals for more money with Trump and Trump always goes back on his word. Before the house passed the bill with border funding in it he had agreed to the senate bill

Then there is the deal where immigration reform was suppose to happen and Trump got 25b for his wall that he blew up

So how is it the Dems fault they wont move now.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

How many times do I have to tell you they already made three deals for more money with Trump and Trump always goes back on his word. Before the house passed the bill with border funding in it he had agreed to the senate bill

Then there is the deal where immigration reform was suppose to happen and Trump got 25b for his wall that he blew up

I guess it has to do with low IQ Dems who can't remember what their leaders said a few years earlier. It's isn't Trump's fault that the Democratic party is now the party of morons like Cortez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdAyn89hFIo

Who in there right mind wants to compromise with people who would turn the U.S. into Venezuela?

We hunt the hunters

Comment

THAT is a good point, Craven.

Not being open to compromised solutions, esp. committee solutions coming out of Congress, is the current POTUS's Achilles hell ( the bone spurred or not.)
              I'm not an American - but I seem to be among the few that are reminding posters that bypassing your constitutional framework is really throwing out the baby with the bathwater. An executive emergency to build the - border wall??
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

I guess it has to do with low IQ Dems who can't remember what their leaders said a few years earlier. It's isn't Trump's fault that the Democratic party is now the party of morons like Cortez.

Who in there right mind wants to compromise with people who would turn the U.S. into Venezuela?
                See this is where your short memory fails you. You need to look at what grand bargain on immigration was. Republicans have gotten what was agreed to and the Dems really haven't. fyi this goes back 10 ish years or so.

Basics border security first was agreed to passed with the current fencing being considered enough. Tech and manpower is suppose to fill in the gaps.
                Then immigration reform.
                It 10 plus years later and a number of border security measures have been passed an implemented beyond what was agreed to.
                So when do the dems get there side of the deal.

Comment

See this is where your short memory fails you. You need to look at what grand bargain on immigration was. Republicans have gotten what was agreed to and the Dems really haven't. fyi this goes back 10 ish years or so.

Basics border security first was agreed to passed with the current fencing being considered enough. Tech and manpower is suppose to fill in the gaps.
                  Then immigration reform.
                  It 10 plus years later and a number of border security measures have been passed an implemented beyond what was agreed to.
                  So when do the dems get there side of the deal.
                  When the VPOTUS stages a "coup d"etat?"
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

When the VPOTUS stages a "coup d"etat?"
                    Well according to VPOTUS we need to stop terrorist at the border which means since most of those guys show up on the Canadian border we really need a wall there and not on the southern border.

Comment

For me, it's a question of "who's listening to the experts"? Border patrol experts say there are points where a wall is needed but that a Great Wall style sea to sea wall isn't necessary or sound.

Right now the Dems are saying no wall period. That puts them at odds with the professionals who know what they're doing. If Trump compromises and goes for walls where recommended then he will be in line with the experts. If he pushes for full wall then he is in equal opposition to the experts.
                      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

The "student" that stands up at about 5:40 in that video is typical of the Left at a talk like the one in the video. He disrupts the talk without adding anything useful. His only purpose is to shut down speech he opposes. He disrupts the talk for about 5 minutes and is then removed. What strikes me as odd, is he's the only one. The typical Leftist tactic is to have several plants (pun unintended, I mean that as person put in the audience) that do this disruption at intervals making it impossible for the speaker to continue due to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                          For me, it's a question of "who's listening to the experts"? Border patrol experts say there are points where a wall is needed but that a Great Wall style sea to sea wall isn't necessary or sound.

Right now the Dems are saying no wall period. That puts them at odds with the professionals who know what they're doing. If Trump compromises and goes for walls where recommended then he will be in line with the experts. If he pushes for full wall then he is in equal opposition to the experts.
                          It also puts them at odds with the 700+ miles of various types of barrier that are in place. But, that said, the entirety of the border needs to have a barrier of one sort or another along it, with some exceptions because of terrain that won't support one. For example, it is very difficult to build a barrier that will stay useful in the dunes on the California side of the border next to Yuma Arizona.

This is a popular crossing area. The problem is that it is shifting sand and building a barrier that doesn't sink in it or allow build up along it is a real problem. Other areas along the Rio Grande are essentially marsh or part of the river's flood plain. These too will be difficult to build a permanent barrier along.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

The only thing is that Trump has boxed himself into a corner, rhetorically speaking. He's been going on about "the wall" so long now that he sounds like Roger Waters. Rimshot Read Mountain Man's posts on the subject: he wants not a symbolic wall, but a physical wall, and he expects it to constitute an airtight barrier to any kind of movement out of Mexico. I do believe that that represents the view of the "average" Trump voter. They want the wall, in all its conrete and steel glory, and if Trump doesn't give it to them, then he'll be labelled a RINO and cast upon the scrapheap of ideologically-motivated conservatives (talk about an oxymoron. ) Love him or hate him, Trump is all in with his base: he's alienated everybody else, so if he loses the "build the wall" crowd, he loses the White House in 2020. Therefore, Trump has to give them their wall, no ifs ands or buts about it.
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Sorry I haven't time to follow your every post, but could you please document/cite sources on this?
                              Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                              Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X