This judge gets it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Uhhh- be careful about what you wish for . In 1942, my father got assigned to train troops in the Caribbean. they took over , as Canadians, from the most incredible colonial screw ups imaginable.

the Jamaican island governor had issued picks and shovels, and forbidden firearms, to the 'coloreds." at a time when every potential infantry man was needed, desperately, by the commonwealth.

the Caribbean regiments were experiencing mass desertions, by troopers who caught the ferry to Pensacola and new Orleans, then registered under false Id's to join the American forces - and at least- carry a rifle....
    Americans are too arrogant to ever think that such things matter.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Every village needs an idiot.
      Coming from people that don't understand english.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
        I would think that all people would be for less "black on black crime" (a term I first heard years ago from a black politician in Florida). Yes, the judge could have said what he said a bit more p.c. but the facts back up his statement. I am for less white on white crime, less black on black crime, less black on white crime, less white on black crime etc. just less crime in general in all races and I think other reasonable people would not be offended by it. Look at the crime statistics and you can see that there is a lot of "black on black" crime and anything that could be done to lessen it should be considered. There is a lot of "white on white" crime too and I am not offended by anyone talking about it and trying to resolve it. I would not claim they were racist because they mention "white on white". It is getting ridiculous in that we can only refer to things in generic terms without offending some people.
        If only that were true. Fact of the matter is if you mention white on white crime or anything involving someone white you will automatically be labeled a racist or be accused of "white guilt". So the ability to discuss black issues while white issues being off limits might be evidence that white privilege is real.
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

(Crickets)

"

"You white people are so divisive and evil! And all you white people do is think about race. All conservatives generalize! And you white people keep making everything a race issue! You evil white people do nothing but demonize!

(Slide whistle)

. A day's entertainment in one thread.
          So be a good lad, pirateship- and whip me up a succubus....

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Coming from people that don't understand english.
            You understood clearly
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

You understood clearly
              He's fallen to ad hominem. He can't even pretend to make a counterpoint anymore. Once you've reduced him to single sentence comebacks you know you've backed him against the wall.
              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

If only that were true. Fact of the matter is if you mention white on white crime or anything involving someone white you will automatically be labeled a racist or be accused of "white guilt". So the ability to discuss black issues while white issues being off limits might be evidence that white privilege is real.
                Actually white on white crime has been discussed dozens of times at least. Discussions involving justifiable use of force, gun control, and current event high profile trial discussions involving white people have all occurred with no one trying to shush the topic because it was white on white. So nope.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

So be a good lad, pirateship- and whip me up a succubus....
                  Careful what ye' wish for. When a pirate succubus be at work, booty plunders you!

Comment

Is the succubus the one that comes after the express?
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• ...or is it the one that stops at the corner?
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

Actually white on white crime has been discussed dozens of times at least. Discussions involving justifiable use of force, gun control, and current event high profile trial discussions involving white people have all occurred with no one trying to shush the topic because it was white on white. So nope.
                        You forgot mass shootings.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X