Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the ambassadors after two years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the ambassadors after two years?

20180220_Forbes_Ambassadors-1.jpg
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

I volunteer for Australia or any of the Scandinavian or Alpine countries. I know that I won't last long, but it'll be fun!

Comment

I think Australia just got one the other day, but itís been awhile.
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Look in the cargo (?) spaces, and remember to set for stun.

Comment

Well, let's see....

Cuba keeps trying to kill our Diplomatic personnel with sound-waves, Venezuela is a death-trap, and Somalia & South Sudan?
          Are you kidding?

Okay, whatever. The Left creates problems, blames others and comes up with solutions that make everything worse. SO what's the deal here, where is the linked evidence that this is all Trumps fault and that the Left never blocks his appointments, eh?
          How long have they been vacant?
          Has this every happened before?
          What is the number out of 200 nations that don't have an Ambassador, is that a historically unusual number?
          Does the Central African Republic even care?
          Why is this so important if noobody has ever made an issue of it before?

EDIT - this is classic, and fun to watch;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S7uCR2qUnI

Comment

Given the number of Irish Americans and the US's long history of intervening in Irish affairs it's surprising that the Irish post seems to be vacant
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Is it really surprising with Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                Okay, whatever. The Left creates problems, blames others and comes up with solutions that make everything worse. SO what's the deal here, where is the linked evidence that this is all Trumps fault and that the Left never blocks his appointments, eh?
                Actually....I would love to blame the Democrats on this one but it's not all their doing. Some nominees have been blocked by Democrats on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee but others have been stalled by Republicans. The few nominees who made it thru the SFRC are usually left waiting on the Senate floor, mostly because of Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

The Obama administration had trouble naming ambassadors, too, especially after the Republicans won control of the Senate in 2014. But the Trump administration appears to hold the record for the slow confirmation of ambassadors. At the end of 2017, Trumpís first year in office, only 64 new ambassadors had been confirmed, filling about one-third of 188 posts. At the end of Barack Obamaís first year, 93 had been confirmed.
                Last edited by Persephone; 06 Jan 19, 11:05.
                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Trump has been slower than his recent predecessors to nominate State Department personnel. He made 81 nominations for the State Department and US Mission to the United Nations in his first year in office, compared to 128 made by then-President Barack Obama in his first year.

Remind me which party controls the Senate?

Comment

If someone didníít remind you would you know or even care ?
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

The Obama administration had trouble naming ambassadors, too, especially after the Republicans won control of the Senate in 2014. But the Trump administration appears to hold the record for the slow confirmation of ambassadors. At the end of 2017, Trumpís first year in office, only 64 new ambassadors had been confirmed, filling about one-third of 188 posts. At the end of Barack Obamaís first year, 93 had been confirmed.
                      So its another case of the Dummykrauts blocking everything for the sake of annoying Trump.
                      Again.

I honestly don't think that Demonrats are capable of processing any kind of information unless it can have negative connotations to be used against Trump.

Listen to what they talk about, see what they print, what their news puppets are putting out. They are not aware of the wider world anymore, If it isn't against Trump, it goes in one ear and out the other.
                      This could be the most colossal instance of mass hysteria since the Russian Revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

So its another case of the Dummykrauts blocking everything for the sake of annoying Trump.
                        Again.

I honestly don't think that Demonrats are capable of processing any kind of information unless it can have negative connotations to be used against Trump.

Listen to what they talk about, see what they print, what their news puppets are putting out. They are not aware of the wider world anymore, If it isn't against Trump, it goes in one ear and out the other.
                        This could be the most colossal instance of mass hysteria since the Russian Revolution.
                        Here's a better map.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/04/09...ty-diplomacy/#

Truth unfortunately is that it isn't the Dems... (mostly)

Looks like there are 38 actual vacancies, so not including Venezuela, Iran, Syria, North Korea etc where there are no diplomatic relations.
                        Of those 38, just 12 are awaiting confirmation, 26 don't even have a nominee.

I can understand that Ivory Coast, Turkmenistan or C.A.R. aren't urgent priorities, but you'd think Turkey, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and Egypt are important enough to get done.
                        Two years into the administration and nobody nominated?

This one's on Trump & his administration.

Comment

We are sending troops to the CAR. It would be nice if the Ambassador could give us a fist person view on whats going on there. Donnie Jr likes Africa, send him.lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            We are sending troops to the CAR. It would be nice if the Ambassador could give us a fist person view on whats going on there. Donnie Jr likes Africa, send him.lmao
                            Usually given as a reward to political cronies who have previously served.
                            Maybe Manafort would like the C.A.R.?
                            I hear he likes a luxurious lifestyle, the US ambassadors house probably even has indoor plumbing...

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              We are sending troops to the CAR.
                              Do you have a link to that?

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X