My New Years resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Years resolution

My New Years resolution is to not waste my time trying to change the minds of people by arguing with them. No one is going to decide that they were wrong and suddenly come to the light so it is a waste of my time to try. Besides it is insulting to say that I know better than you and you are wrong. Your views are just as valid as mine and you are entitled to them no matter how much I may disagree with them.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

I don't need a resolution to know that my views are superior to yours; so I need not even state them.
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Good resolution, Tsar. We should all try to discuss without rancor. I fear your goal may not be possible with this group, but I am going to try to do the same.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Facts/evidence can't be argued over. Have conservatives baptized themselves to the truth yet? First step is to stop relying on Fox and Rush for 'news.' Until that is fixed, you can't help some people.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          Facts/evidence can't be argued over. Have conservatives baptized themselves to the truth yet? First step is to stop relying on Fox and Rush for 'news.' Until that is fixed, you can't help some people.
          And...I rest my case, proven by one of the major forum troublemakers himself.

Smooth move, zippy.

Comment

I've stated before, that I don't my facts or news from either. Yet, I have had no difficulty demolishing your positions on all sorts of stuff, often off-the-cuff. From what I can tell, it is you that needs a big dose of reality. I don't know what sources you use for information, but I heartily recommend you stop using them because they are giving you noting but disinformation and distortions.

Comment

The OP mentioned opposing opinions can both be valid, a position or respect and an attitude of humility. First response from you highlights his point that arrogance and ego is what drives those that fantasize that they themselves are the only ones suitable for discourse.

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

There are certainly debates where there is no right or wrong answer, however there are also debates where people (typically conservative) try to argue things that are simply factually incorrect. Pointing out the latter does not make someone arrogant. Facts still matter and when someone strays from that they should be held accountable.

So it all depends on what's being discussed. Secondly, we've seen these type of posts before. Conservative members will say that more respect should be given to other opinions and will be right back to referring to liberals as loonie, anti-american, stupid, etc the next day. So their words really don't mean anything and as such these type of posts shouldn't be taken seriously. Action > words.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                  There are certainly debates where there is no right or wrong answer, however there are also debates where people (typically conservative) try to argue things that are simply factually incorrect. Pointing out the latter does not make someone arrogant. Facts still matter and when someone strays from that they should be held accountable.
                  Argumentative, but it is your opinion.

Secondly, we've seen these type of posts before. Conservative members will say that more respect should be given to other opinions and will be right back to referring to liberals as loonie, anti-american, stupid, etc the next day. So their words really don't mean anything and as such these type of posts shouldn't be taken seriously. Action > words.

Not from me you havení't.
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                    I don't need a resolution to know that my views are superior to yours; so I need not even state them.

Comment

You can't change minds when the opposition can't think for itself. But it is fun to watch them roil and froth while they struggle to explain why their opinions matter when their lives have been such a litany of failure.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post

Not from me you havení't.
                        Yes, true. I was thinking of MM and others when I said that.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post

And another lie, as usual.

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Yes, true. I was thinking of MM and others when I said that.
                            Of course you were. You would never think to examine your own actions because you're too closed-minded. It's always going to be someone else's fault.

"People in glass houses"...

Meanwhile ,in the ultimate irony, a discussion of being more civil in the new year has degenerated into another free-for-all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Of course you were. You would never think to examine your own actions because you're too closed-minded. It's always going to be someone else's fault.

"People in glass houses"...

Meanwhile ,in the ultimate irony, a discussion of being more civil in the new year has degenerated into another free-for-all.

I am not the one proclaiming that we should be more civil, I do not hold that opinion, nor am I trying to place blame. Just stating facts. So yes, I am well aware of my actions and your hypocrisy. You will say one thing and do another. For me, I have no interest in being civil with someone who has said that blacks should not be at white schools and blacks should kneel to show their obedience to whites. At some point you have to examine your own actions and come to the realization that you deserve every bit of vitriol that comes your way. We're far past the point of civility being an option.
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X