Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manafort and the Russians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

    All of that could be very true.

    But I have one question to ask, what has Trump done to help his credibility throughout all of this?

    He claims he didn't know anything about Stormy Daniels...lie.

    He claims he didn't know Whitaker....lie

    He said he was going to release his tax returns...lie

    He claims to have had no business interests in Russin....lie

    His tweets are generally paper thin distortions that are obviously going to garner negative press.

    Maybe they are all corrupt but he seems to be the one who can't get his facts straight or keep his mouth shut.......



    I haven't defended trump or anything he has said.

    Do you really think trump's lies make him unique among politicians? Seriously?

    I don't tend to believe what politicians say (If you like your dr. Ö.. or I did not have sex with that woman, or I turned over all the emails)
    I look at what they do.
    The lies I referenced actually impacted the nation.
    None of the ones you quoted will never have an impact on the average citizen.
    You have proven he lies.

    Now find me the one who doesn't.

    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

    Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Actually, you and others are playing the ostrich and offering excuses for anything that Trump and his band of cutthroats do. And that is despicable.
      You've argued with them many times and you know you'd never change their mind regardless of arguments presented. Imagine dealing with a cultist from the Church of Scientology..

      Comment


      • #18
        Ah, the OP's two fixations in life in one thread title.

        Is it time to move this to the Trash Heap 2.0.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post



          I haven't defended trump or anything he has said.

          Do you really think trump's lies make him unique among politicians? Seriously?

          I don't tend to believe what politicians say (If you like your dr. Ö.. or I did not have sex with that woman, or I turned over all the emails)
          I look at what they do.
          The lies I referenced actually impacted the nation.
          None of the ones you quoted will never have an impact on the average citizen.
          You have proven he lies.

          Now find me the one who doesn't.
          I think his brazenness makes him unique, I think his attacks on the press are worrying and how do you know his lies and actions haven't impacted?


          Comment


          • #20
            And from General Kelly:

            https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

              I think his brazenness makes him unique, I think his attacks on the press are worrying and how do you know his lies and actions haven't impacted?



              Why are his attacks on the press worrying?
              He has undertaken no effort to actually suppress freedom of speech.
              Were you as concerned when the IRS used the power of government to suppress conservative speech.
              That was worrying and a huge scandal, but the press wasnít concerned.
              BO attacked the press as well, but not to the same level as trump. However, in his case, the press was so fawning that he didnít need to.

              While I cannot prove the negative of how trumpís lies havenít impacted citizens, I am hard pressed to figure out how lying about stormy will ever affect me.

              I have a hard time being concerned about trumpís attacking the press simply because that same press is so overwhelmingly biased against him. The press lies about trump too.
              Based on one study it is 90% negative against trump.
              I do not know if that is true, but it is consistent with what I see on my local news.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

              Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post



                Why are his attacks on the press worrying?
                He has undertaken no effort to actually suppress freedom of speech.
                Were you as concerned when the IRS used the power of government to suppress conservative speech.
                That was worrying and a huge scandal, but the press wasnít concerned.
                BO attacked the press as well, but not to the same level as trump. However, in his case, the press was so fawning that he didnít need to.

                While I cannot prove the negative of how trumpís lies havenít impacted citizens, I am hard pressed to figure out how lying about stormy will ever affect me.

                I have a hard time being concerned about trumpís attacking the press simply because that same press is so overwhelmingly biased against him. The press lies about trump too.
                Based on one study it is 90% negative against trump.
                I do not know if that is true, but it is consistent with what I see on my local news.
                When political leaders starting using the term 'enemy of the people' individuals who have ever read a history book tend to get get nervous.........

                Sorry but haven't the wheels kinda fallen the whole 'weaponized IRS conspiracy'? All those big attention grabbing headlines...and then a wet fart of nothing.

                As for the negative coverage... Trump has stated he likes the spotlight so that explains a lot of it.

                Also lets say the news cycle is focused on Trump and Obamacare; The story being that Trump hasn't overturned Obamacare and he hasn't yet instituted his own plan....that is a negative story.

                Same with the Wall, if he doesn't make progress, if the President of Mexico says 'we ain't paying you ****' or if Trump changes his message that will be a negativestory

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

                  When political leaders starting using the term 'enemy of the people' individuals who have ever read a history book tend to get get nervous.........

                  Sorry but haven't the wheels kinda fallen the whole 'weaponized IRS conspiracy'? All those big attention grabbing headlines...and then a wet fart of nothing.

                  As for the negative coverage... Trump has stated he likes the spotlight so that explains a lot of it.

                  Also lets say the news cycle is focused on Trump and Obamacare; The story being that Trump hasn't overturned Obamacare and he hasn't yet instituted his own plan....that is a negative story.

                  Same with the Wall, if he doesn't make progress, if the President of Mexico says 'we ain't paying you ****' or if Trump changes his message that will be a negativestory
                  The BO DOJ refused to investigate the people who were responsible.
                  The person who was head of the conspiracy resigned. Even BO called for resignations.

                  The matter proceded under suits by the entities that were unfairly treated.

                  The IRS settled with the groups it suppressed. Paying millions.
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/26/u...ettlement.html

                  That sounds like more than a "nothing".
                  How comfortable are you with the idea that the IRS will use its enormous power for political purposes?

                  Explain to me how that means the "wheels have fallen off".


                  I agree that trump invites attention.
                  That doesn't mean that the coverage of him is objective or that it is his fault they are negative 90% of the time.
                  I also agree that "enemy of the people" is an inappropriate phrase for the president to use.
                  However, the difference is that trump only used words. The IRS actively sought to suppress political speech that was different from the political views of its members.


                  So trump says bad things, the dems in the IRS do bad things.
                  Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                  Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

                    I think his brazenness makes him unique, I think his attacks on the press are worrying and how do you know his lies and actions haven't impacted?

                    The press is the political opponent of Trump, thus ,why should Trump not attack them ?
                    And,enemy of the people is the correct expression : the press is paid by Deep State.
                    2 Years ago, shortly after the election, the Deep State Politico mentioned triumphantically/ threatingly that the billionaires, union bosses and Democrats were meeting in a hotel in Washington DC,to discuss how to get back the power they had lost . The meeting was presided by Soros .
                    Deep State and its press is the enemy of the American people .
                    Source : Politico November 14 2016 :
                    Soros bands with donors to resist Trump,''take back power '' by Kenneth Vogel .

                    The leaders of this conspiracy were Soros, Pelosi, Warren, Ellison , ......
                    Last edited by ljadw; 31 Dec 18, 10:06.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                        The press is the political opponent of Trump, thus ,why should Trump not attack them ?
                        And,enemy of the people is the correct expression : the press is paid by Deep State.
                        2 Years ago, shortly after the election, the Deep State Politico mentioned triumphantically/ threatingly that the billionaires, union bosses and Democrats were meeting in a hotel in Washington DC,to discuss how to get back the power they had lost . The meeting was presided by Soros .
                        Deep State and its press is the enemy of the American people .
                        Source : Politico November 14 2016 :
                        Soros bands with donors to resist Trump,''take back power '' by Kenneth Vogel .

                        The leaders of this conspiracy were Soros, Pelosi, Warren, Ellison , ......
                        yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwN
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Sleeping at this hour of the day ?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post



                            I haven't defended trump or anything he has said.

                            Do you really think trump's lies make him unique among politicians? Seriously?

                            I don't tend to believe what politicians say (If you like your dr. Ö.. or I did not have sex with that woman, or I turned over all the emails)
                            I look at what they do.
                            The lies I referenced actually impacted the nation.
                            None of the ones you quoted will never have an impact on the average citizen.
                            You have proven he lies.

                            Now find me the one who doesn't.
                            There is no proof of an affair between Trump and Daniels .

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                              Sleeping at this hour of the day ?
                              I am finding your posting , lately, to be an effective cure for insomnia....
                              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by marktwain View Post

                                I am finding your posting , lately, to be an effective cure for insomnia....
                                Those of the Napoleon expert are better .
                                As insomnia cue .

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X